Author Topic: Breva hard case mounting bracket kit  (Read 1827 times)

w123driver

Breva hard case mounting bracket kit
« on: May 30, 2015, 08:56:39 AM »
I am trying install side cases on my Breva V1100. It appears there are upper side brackets (which replace existing web hooks), lower brackets near passenger pegs, and connecting cross bar behind license plate. Both upper and lower brackets are available on eBay, and I am wondering if anyone can post a pic of connecting bar, so I can get an idea what it looks like; perhaps this is something I could fabricate. MG dealer sells mounting brackets as a one kit and I can’t justify $400 for bunch of fasteners. Thank you 

Offline menzies

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: Breva hard case mounting bracket kit
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 10:36:22 AM »
I suppose you are speaking about the Guzzi mounts. I have the Guzzi side bags on my Breva and can send you a couple of pics to your mail account, I have not mastered posting pics on here yet.
2001 Triumph Bonneville
2007 Triumph Bonneville
2006 Triumph Scrambler
2017 V9 Roamer

w123driver

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 10:54:29 AM »
I mean this part; the all the the rest is available on eBay; but I can't find this bar or whatever it is called. Thank you!

Offline Nick

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 10:56:55 AM »
I'll take a couple of pictures in 15 min or so. I'll be of my Norge, but it's the same set up

here it is

Total length from rubber cap to rubber cap is 12 7/8"
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 11:20:47 AM by Nick »

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 10:56:55 AM »

w123driver

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 11:53:17 AM »
Thanks a lot!

Offline Mayor_of_BBQ

• Instagram: @Mayor_of_BBQ
  • Gaggle Hero
  • 'Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski'
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 12:15:16 PM »
I had the factory bags and then switched to H&B bags

The factory spacer is just a tubular bar which has rubber feet on either end... (as you can see in the pics above)
The factory bar has adjustments for 'spread' and it mounts on the inside of the mudguard

the H&B bar is a piece of flat stock that runs outside the mudguard and under (not below) the tag mount plate

You could easily make a flat bar with mounting holes to run under the plate like the H&B bar... then bend slightly forward once it clears the mudguard to hit the bags... 
put a 90degree bend on each end and drill a hole for something like this:

http://www.surpluscenter.com/Miscellaneous/Other-Miscellaneous/CYLINDRICAL-RUBBER-ISOLATION-BUMPER-MOUNT-1-4038.axd

this would deff be a "measure twice; cut once" proposition...  but the upper bag mounts alow enough 'swing' that it wouldn't have to be dead-on-balls accurate

The other thing to consider is the bags interfering with the exhaust can!
Part of the factory bag mounting is a short dogbone link to lower the can aprox 1.5" to clear the LH bag

My bike has a Staintune, so I did not need it to clear the factory bags or the H&B...  But if you have a stock can you may need to drop it a bit.
***dropping the can will also lower the centerstand in it's retracted position... something to be aware of***
As you prob know, the centerstand has terrible cornering clerance in the first place!
You can ameliorate this a bit by trimming down the rubber bumper stop on the centerstand to gain back a little clerance

Hope that helps.. I can take pics of the H&B setup if you think that would be helpful
Chad (Shadrach) in Asheville NC
1979 LeMans CX-100 (battle axe)
2007 Breva 1100 (Sport 1200 tribute)

Offline Mayor_of_BBQ

• Instagram: @Mayor_of_BBQ
  • Gaggle Hero
  • 'Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski'
Chad (Shadrach) in Asheville NC
1979 LeMans CX-100 (battle axe)
2007 Breva 1100 (Sport 1200 tribute)

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here