Author Topic: Norge rear shock findings. Lower shocks may have consequences.  (Read 761 times)

Offline Waltr

• Gaggle Mentor
    • Europa Macchina
Last year I installed a Matris fork kit and rear shock.  When Matris custom makes a shock for you they have a range of adjustment that they allow. That adjustment at the shock is 10mm.  I am not positive but believe that work out to be around 1 inch in actual height. 

You can spec the rage to fall within your target.  I told then to make the shock center of adjustment to be the same as stock length so I could go up or down a little.  I want the bike a little lower I thought but at anything lower then stock length the ride suffers and gets harsh by a small margin.  Once you get to stock height setting everything smooths out.

I mention this for those wanting to lower the bike with a lower shock, be prepared the ride may suffer.  There may be a reason for this with the linkage setup that a mechanical engineer could explain but that is way above my pay grade.

I even re-greased the link roller bushings thinking that may help.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
www.motoguzzipa.com

2012 Norge

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here