General Category > General Discussion

Ram Clutch Not Centered? !SOLVED!

(1/5) > >>

guido guzzi:
Having a *little* trouble mating gearbox to motor of the V7 Sport after installing a new Ram Clutch and Ram input hub. After 17 attempts - in 1st gear and turning the GB output shaft to line up the input hub to the clutch it will not go together :violent1:  Looks like the friction plate is about 1 mm low of center - as delivered.
Anyone ever see this and more importantly how did you correct it?
Thanks in advance for any help.
John Wendt in Wisconsin

Dirk_S:
Maybe I’m not understanding the issue properly, but did you attempt to center the clutch onto the flywheel with an alignment tool?

guzzista:
I used the clutch hub ( before attaching  to the clutch shaft) to align the disc . After installing the hub , gearbox went in  easy peasy. Good luck

jhem68:
When I installed one on the Eldo, I too found it to be tedious chore getting the splines just right. I could get to where it seemed to just about engage by turning the GB output shaft then hang up a little. I then decided to get it to this point, then with my left hand holding/supporting/applying forward pressure on the back of the tranny, I used a screwdriver through the flywheel inspection hole to gently move the flywheel and it finally slipped into place.  Tedious!

The RAM clutch set up comes fully assembled and supposedly centered. Flywheel, Clutch, Pressure Plate etc.

lucian:
I found that leaving the clutch bolts just snug enough to hold the friction plate in place . center off as close as you can by eye and then test fit the tranny. If the alignment isn't perfect you can poke the clutch center hub into alignment with a long screwdriver while sighting down between the engine and trans,( back off the tranny a bit} once you get things to mate up , carefully remove the tranny and torque the clutch bolts to spec.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version