Author Topic: New Member & New Build  (Read 832 times)

Offline VoltaicVoltaire

• New Egg
New Member & New Build
« on: September 30, 2022, 07:48:47 PM »
So I need advice on direction for a build project. I have several old guzzis, mostly from the 70s. I picked up a wrecked 2001 California 1100i. I have a 95 California roller with title and planning on combining parts. I have good tins on the roller and this one came with Guzzi Bags and and engine but not much else. 

Unfortunately it looks like this thing has already had some juicy bits removed. (See pics) no gauges, ecm(s)? headlight -so a lot of electrical gone but to be honest I don’t even know what is missing first FI guzzi.

So what are my options on this build?

1)  Can I just put carbs on it? Is that the ignition module or will it even have spark w/out the computer?

2) try and track down the missing electronics? Probably too spendy for this old thing I know.

3) call this a mistake and part it out.

Any advice is welcome.

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
Re: New Member & New Build
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2023, 12:27:02 AM »
I’m not a builder in the same sense as Canuck and most notably Buzzer, but please don’t think your bike is not worth the possible spend.
It is a journey that will have highs and lows, but at the end it will be a representation of what you desire and when you bend metal to suit your tastes it is very satisfying.
Remember mate…
If YOU like it, then it cannot be wrong….
Have a look at what Buzzer did with what he started with, he is a Professor and most of us are students by comparison, but it’s the journey mate, not the destination.
Just for a light bit of reading, search “Fence post Guzzi” from a few years back.
The “Moto Guzzi Lazarus…..”
Sorry it took so long to get a response and welcome to the madness of the forum.
Huzo.

Online Turin

• Gaggle Hero
    • crap and stuff
Re: New Member & New Build
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2023, 09:13:12 PM »
Guzzi lazurus... before and after.

1997 Daytona RS
1991 Rennsport California III
1991 LeMans 1000
1987 LeMans SE Dave's Cycle Racer
1984 LeMans III
1985 Sidlow Guzzi
1974 850-T Sport
1969 A-series Ambassador
1996 Triumph Daytona 1200
1996 Triumph Daytona 900
1982 Alfa Romeo GTV6 Balocco SE 3.0

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here