General Category > General Discussion

Euro Side Stand - V7

(1/4) > >>

Cam3512:
http://www.af1racing.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=53463

I ordered a center stand for my V7 Special today from AF1.  Much to my surprise, their price on the Euro side stand has come WAY down.  Even called them to confirm.  Thought I'd pass it along.  Both are backordered.  But what the hell, it's still winter.

Zinfan:

--- Quote from: guzziv7fan on February 17, 2015, 10:08:55 PM ---WOW, that did come way down. I paid triple that or something.

I'm still trying to figure out why the side stand on the American model is different.

--- End quote ---

I believe that is based on the lean angle of the bike while on the side stand, could be wrong though.

Moto Fugazzi:
I ordered one this morning as well, and there's a 4-12 week backorder. Not long ago, they were $150 and I didn't think it was worth it.

These work better with the centerstand, as the USA version doesn't play well with the centerstand. It's not necessary, but helps detanglement if you retract the sidestand before retracting the centerstand. Basically, it's a matter of convenience, or if you have a stupid moment. If you don't have a centerstand, don't bother getting one of these.

I had these get entangled once. Only once. I've always made sure it never happened again.
Ken

pyoungbl:
The new price really changes the equation for installing a centerstand.  Honestly, the old price was off the charts for such a simple part and one that is being made in large numbers for the rest of the world.  Makes me wonder what caused this blast of common sense.  I now wonder if the V7 II will come with the euro stand rather than the US only version.

Peter Y.

Cam3512:

--- Quote from: pyoungbl on February 18, 2015, 07:07:47 AM ---The new price really changes the equation for installing a centerstand.  Honestly, the old price was off the charts for such a simple part and one that is being made in large numbers for the rest of the world.  Makes me wonder what caused this blast of common sense.  I now wonder if the V7 II will come with the euro stand rather than the US only version.

Peter Y.

--- End quote ---

At that price, anyone buying a centerstand HAS to go for the Euro.  I was set to buy only the center, and use my US side.  Until I saw the new price.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version