Author Topic: Griso injector leak  (Read 440 times)

Offline Trogladyte

• Gosling
  • Location: South London - home of the world's best football team.
Griso injector leak
« on: June 27, 2019, 05:20:27 PM »
Can someone just tell me how this is supposed to work?

This is a 2008 1200 Griso. I hadn't ridden the bike for a while as I have been playing with a Superduke 1290R and a 675 Daytona. But that's another story.

I rode the Griso to work yesterday and all was fine. But this morning when I switched on, the right injector just pissed fuel. I didn't have time to investigate, so went on another bike.

When I investigated this evening, I found that the whole injector assembly was loose, and the fuel supply had come away from the injector. Now it looks as though the injector seals into the head as a push fit with an o-ring, and that there is a similar push fit and o-ring into the fuel banjo, the whole lot being secured by the single socket head bolt that also secures the plastic guard.

I have reassembled it like that, and we are up and running. But I'm just puzzled that all this stuff is held together and sealed by the clamping force of a single bolt. Is that right, or am I missing something?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 05:21:57 PM by Trogladyte »

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Griso injector leak
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 06:18:13 PM »
<scratching head> Why wouldn't a bolt do the job?
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

pete roper

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 06:46:51 PM »
Yup, that's right. As Chuck says, why would it need more than a single bolt?

Offline Trogladyte

• Gosling
  • Location: South London - home of the world's best football team.
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 07:44:41 AM »
Yeah - fair comment. I'm not sure why the single bolt seemed inadequate. I think I was probably imagining fuel at very high pressure being held back by a puny fixing that was also holding a bit of bodywork. But now that I think about it, the fuel pressure is probably not that great.

Anyway, it all seems to work, so thanks for reassuring me that the way I have assembled it sounds right.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 07:45:45 AM by Trogladyte »

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 07:44:41 AM »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here