Author Topic: NGC, The CB is finally complete  (Read 1012 times)

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
NGC, The CB is finally complete
« on: October 13, 2019, 07:29:53 AM »
A couple months ago I posted a picture of a 83 honda CB1000C that I found in MI which was a one owner with only 4K miles. Well it was everything I had hoped it would be after buying sight unseen. However it had been sitting for years parked in a climate controlled basement so all the usual deterioration of carb seals, tires and the likes had to be taken care of. So not being a wrench I had to pay my mechanic a reasonable amount to do the work. I’ve got around 4500 in it which included buying the full matching Vetter luggage and the painting of them, which sounds like a lot for a 38 year old bike but it’s like new now. It’s looks really great sitting beside the 1400 tourer:)

« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 07:34:46 AM by Ncdan »

Online antmanbee

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: NGC, The CB is finally complete
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 07:37:24 AM »
Looking good Dan. Looks like it just rolled out of the show room.
I think you will have many trouble free years with your CB.

Offline TN Mark

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2019, 07:50:49 AM »
Absolutely stunning Dan. Your CB is a beauty that could outlast your grandchildren’s children. Congratulations to you sir, and please, do all you can to enjoy it immensely.

bobrebos

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 09:21:40 AM »
Simply...….OUTSTANDING!   :thumb: :bow:

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 09:21:40 AM »

Offline rjamesohio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2019, 09:39:32 AM »
Congrats Dan!

You know - old motorcycles are some of the best values going. For a fraction of the cost of a new one, they can perform very admirably and take you on all kinds of adventures.

I know I'm not helping the legions of struggling motorcycle dealerships, but I've spent a FRACTION of the cost of new on all my bikes and have enjoyed lots of adventures with them, and hoping to do more. I do my own work, which also helps keep the costs down, but even if you paid a mechanic - as Dan did - making a good selection of a machine that may not be the latest and greatest but can be very dependable when 100% fettled is really smart money.

Not that we do this for the money. But I find it hard to consider dropping the big bucks that some folks do on new motorcycles.

Those of us who ride older machines may not be at the point of the pack, but we can certainly enjoy the journey.

Hope yours is a good one Dan!
Ron James
Ex LM V
Ex SP1000
Ex Eldorado
Ex Quota - parts live on after crash
EX 1000G5
EX 850T3
EX 2003 V11 Stone
EX 1996 California 1100i
EX 2006 Big Breva
1979 1000 G5
1993 California iii
Spine Frame Mongrel
1999 BMW R1100R
Waynesville, Oh

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2019, 10:23:18 AM »
Congrats Dan!

You know - old motorcycles are some of the best values going. For a fraction of the cost of a new one, they can perform very admirably and take you on all kinds of adventures.

I know I'm not helping the legions of struggling motorcycle dealerships, but I've spent a FRACTION of the cost of new on all my bikes and have enjoyed lots of adventures with them, and hoping to do more. I do my own work, which also helps keep the costs down, but even if you paid a mechanic - as Dan did - making a good selection of a machine that may not be the latest and greatest but can be very dependable when 100% fettled is really smart money.

Not that we do this for the money. But I find it hard to consider dropping the big bucks that some folks do on new motorcycles.

Those of us who ride older machines may not be at the point of the pack, but we can certainly enjoy the journey.

Hope yours is a good one Dan!
Thank you Sir. I wish I had more ability to do my work, I could have saved 500 bucks! However when I saw all those Orings, needles, gaskets and springs that was lying in the pan from the carbs, I said to myself, no way, be thankful for a fair and reasonable private mechanic.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 01:16:46 PM by Ncdan »

Harper's Moto Guzzi : Go Ride, Break Parts, Call me!
Harper's Moto Guzzi. Where we still answer the phone, use the highest quality parts, and also do Transmission, rear drive, and carb rebuilds fast. Call us at 816.697.3411 and get your problems resolved.
http://www.harpermoto.com
Advertise Here