General Category > General Discussion

What do you think about this Griso ?

<< < (3/15) > >>

MotoGuzzi750:

--- Quote from: Kiwi_Roy on January 21, 2022, 10:10:22 AM ---It probably started out with flat tappets being pre 2012

https://www.grisoghetto.com/t5879-the-definitive-guide-to-rollerisation

--- End quote ---

After reading this guide, my Grisso fever has come down significantly.
Now I am like " Hmmm..let me think about it.."

Thanks for warning. I may be still interested if roller issue is already fixed/partial sharing of repair cost or something like that.

MotoGuzzi750:

--- Quote from: fotoguzzi on January 21, 2022, 10:25:32 AM ---The pics are beautiful.. it's a real stunning look. It the roller fix was done you should grab it right up. You'll be in an exclusive club. Have you visited grisoghetto.com?

--- End quote ---

No I have not yet until today. But I will check it out.
I hope that roller fix is done already, I will be happy to grab it. Lets see how it all goes..

MotoGuzzi750:

--- Quote from: usedtobefast on January 21, 2022, 10:41:34 AM ---Beautiful bike with some high quality and expensive updates.  If it has been changed from flat to roller tappets I'd say that price is about right.

Lots of info on the internet about the flat tappet problem.  And some good write ups about how to do it yourself.  The issue is the tappets had a coating that was supposed to last forever and prevent wear ... but the coating wears off and then the metal tappets start wearing.  Seems they all do that just at various wear at various miles.  Meaning, some with 10k miles are worn a lot and others at same mileage are just starting to wear.

For me, my biggest concern is all the coating and worn off metal from the tappets getting into the oil system ... where does it all go, what issues does that cause, etc.  In the past the parts were ~$1200 and the labor was ~$1200.

--- End quote ---

Looks like in case the roller is Not fixed that cost would be asking rpice + roller fix cost = ( About 7k + 2.5k = 9.5k ).

( BTW, I am in SF South Bay Area myself )

tazio:
Oh, and it's GRiSO.
One "s".
 :boozing:

jwinwi:
As others have said, be sure to clarify the flat tappet issue.
OTOH, it comes with *Dyno tuned Vesrah race brake pads* those alone must be worth half of the purchase price.  :laugh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version