Author Topic: Continental tire recall  (Read 666 times)

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
Charlie

Online Scout63

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Continental tire recall
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 08:46:19 PM »
That had me scrambling.  I just installed new Conti ClassicAttacks on the Ducati. I’m happy they aren’t on the list. I’m guessing Continental wouldn’t send a tech to my house to deal with that @#$&* rear wheel installation, not to mention jamming my fat little fingers into the tires while installing tubes.
Ben Zehnder - Orleans, MA USA

Offline 80CX100

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2022, 09:53:00 PM »
Tks for posting that Charlie, similarly I'm glad to see that my new Road Attacks aren't on the list.
2008 California Vintage
2003 V11 Lemans
2007 Griso 1100
1979 G5 & 1980 Lemans CX100
2010 Suzuki DR650 & 1978 SR500

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Online 9fingers

• Gosling
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2022, 07:15:40 AM »
Me too on the Road Attacks.
Scott
Current bikes:
V7 III Special - Sophia
Royal Enfield Classic Chrome 500 Bullet - Guinevere
Suzuki V Strom 650 - Rita
Beta Rev 3 270
Honda TLR200 custom
Honda TL250 custom
Honda TL125
Yamaha TY350

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2022, 07:15:40 AM »

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2022, 07:10:37 AM »
The Conti Scoot (scooter tires) are what I've been running on the AeroLario.. and they are being recalled, too. What I was supposed to do is take them to one of two "dealers" near me. Well..over an hour one way.. but all was ok until I said Moto Guzzi. Neither would work on a Guzzi wheel. (!!) It's just a freekin wheel.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Conti service rep said to buy some competitor's tires and install them myself. Send them copies of my original receipt and the receipt for the new ones, and they would send UPS to pick up the recalled tires. Did that. Once they have the recalled tires in hand, they will reimburse me the original price.
Crickets..
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline John Croucher

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2022, 09:21:30 AM »
I called yesterday.  Told to go to a local dealer,  any dealer that sells tires and installation, leave bike, have them remove and re-install a comparable set of tires. Have the Dealer return tires, bill for exchange and shipping.

What is "comparable tires".  I have about 1,000 miles the Conti Go's.  I like them.  The do what I need in a set of tires and the type of riding I primarily do.   

I am think about just ignoring the recall and ride.  Keeping an eye on possible failures.  It would be interesting to see the actual number of reported failures versus the number of tires manufactured. 

Offline bigbikerrick

• Gaggle Hero
  • 73 Eldo, 98 V 11 ,12 Ural Gear Up, 76 Convert,
  • Location: Southeastern corner of Arizona, right next to "Old Mexico, and New Mexico"
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2022, 09:44:52 AM »
thank you, Charlie, for the "heads up".  :thumb: :thumb: I will have to check all the bikes in the stable, I know we have a couple of conti tires in the bunch.
Rick Duarte
"You meet the most interesting people on a Guzzi"

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here