Author Topic: Breva V1100 Fuel Pump  (Read 168 times)

Offline hovent

• New Egg
Breva V1100 Fuel Pump
« on: April 21, 2024, 03:56:24 AM »
Took out the fuel pump to see what the problem was and it’s obvious! Is there a rebuild kit? Or just easier to find one online? (Not cheap)

Any ideas… it is pretty shot and all gummed up.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 08:36:41 PM by hovent »

Offline skippy

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: Breve V1100 Fuel Pump
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2024, 08:52:53 AM »
As far as I know these are sold as units and can not be rebuilt. I had broken the red elbow off of mine and wasn't able to replace just that piece. I had to order u the entire unit which was quite costly and, as I recall, took a while to receive. In the mean time I replaced the broken elbow with a threaded barb fitting to get me by while I waited. When the new pump arrived I swapped them out. Still have the "fixed" fuel pump but sold the bike last year.

Skippy
23 V100 Mandello
20 V85TT

Offline hovent

• New Egg
Re: Breve V1100 Fuel Pump
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2024, 08:34:08 PM »
Well, found one on ebay cost me $225 with shipping....  :sad: Hope this does the trick! Now to get that ugly scum out of my tank.  Luckily our Breva has a plastic tank!

Offline hovent

• New Egg
Re: Breva V1100 Fuel Pump
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2024, 08:40:16 PM »
Any good solutions for that disgusting scum left from the bad gas in the tank? 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 08:42:02 PM by hovent »

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2024, 08:40:16 PM »

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #4 on: Today at 10:53:28 AM »
The scum is from E-10 fuel gone bad, best to use non ethanol. All I use cept for the Jeep, even then I use a conditioner.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:03:56 AM »
The scum is from E-10 fuel gone bad, best to use non ethanol. All I use cept for the Jeep, even then I use a conditioner.

No disrespect meant, but this sounds like a ridiculous level of paranoia to someone who has spent a couple of decades living in states where non-E10 is almost impossible to get so it's all just about everyone uses in everything around here.

The scum is from FUEL gone bad, even the non-E10 will leave deposits if left long enough.

Yeah yeah, I think E10 is probably even worse in storage, but it still takes time.

There's no need for conditioner unless something is going to sit for more than just a few weeks at a time.

I say this because of our cars, our bikes, and our boats...and everyone else's in much of the northeast.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #6 on: Today at 09:12:44 PM »
I am paranoid about my fuel. The stuff has really gotten nasty. I forgot not everyone can get real gas.
My float bowls are clean at least, bikes may sit for few months if I don't keep swapping them around.
I wonder what the tank looks like. I just got done doing a tank on a Quota, sat or 17yrs BUT real gas ran in his lawn mower(he says). Lot of junk hard after I got taps off. Haven't gone back to see if pump survived. Waiting on the owner, no hurry I guess it's already been 17yrs.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here