Author Topic: WI loses dealer  (Read 1271 times)

Offline tonUPRacer

• Gaggle Mentor
    • My Racer FB page
WI loses dealer
« on: July 31, 2019, 08:43:52 AM »
I knew it would happen eventually, my local Guzzi dealer Metro Motorcycles in Neenah, WI is no longer selling new bikes. They will service or sell non-currents. Shop owner said he lost 5K on the last new Guzzi sold. Can't run a business like that. I'm picking up my Racer shod with new Conti Road Attacks today, I'll continue to go there for anything that I don't feel like tackling. It is a nice shop, he sells Beta MX bikes, Urals, and many nice used bikes in a variety of flavors.
2013 V7 Racer #393
2001 Ducati 900SS (sold)
1999 Ducati 900M (sold)
1979 HD XLS Sportster (sold)

Offline bodine99

• Gosling
Re: WI loses dealer
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 09:32:22 AM »
He will do fine out from under the corporate thumb.

Offline tonUPRacer

• Gaggle Mentor
    • My Racer FB page
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 10:06:39 AM »
He lasted about 4 years with Piaggio.
2013 V7 Racer #393
2001 Ducati 900SS (sold)
1999 Ducati 900M (sold)
1979 HD XLS Sportster (sold)

jwinwi

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 10:21:32 AM »
Was surprised he put up with Piaggio as long as he did. They lost another really good dealer and Guzzi representative :angry:
He'll probably make more money by selling more of his other brands... Owner is a nice guy and a real enthusiast. Piaggio needs to pull their collective heads out!

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 10:21:32 AM »

Offline Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 12:04:39 PM »
Was surprised he put up with Piaggio as long as he did. They lost another really good dealer and Guzzi representative :angry:
He'll probably make more money by selling more of his other brands... Owner is a nice guy and a real enthusiast. Piaggio needs to pull their collective heads out!
After talking to the Indian dealer, in a near by city in NC, who took on Guzzi as as a second brand, its no wonder why they also recently dropped Guzzi on their arse. Service manager told me they had a 2015 1400 tourer, red, that had been crated and shipped with the wrong color bags, black!!!! Someone tell me how could any quality control fail to that magnitude??? They had been waiting over a year for the correct red bags to arrive. I really like my 1400 but knowing how slack the factory support can be is scary.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 03:34:58 PM by Ncdan »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here