Author Topic: (NGC) Update on Marley. He has passed on.  (Read 2803 times)

Offline timonbik

• Gosling
Re: (NGC) Update on Marley. He has passed on.
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2021, 09:38:54 PM »
Sorry for your loss.  When we lose a pet we often say to ourselves, "never again".   I hope you consider a Dog's Last Wish and provide a loving home for another stray just as you did for Marley.
2008 BREVA 750
2020 V85TT ADV rosso
2016 APRILIA SHIVER 750
2013 VICTORY JUDGE CUSTOM
2013 VICTORY XR CLASSIC
2006 VICTORY V92TC
2006 DUCATI MULTISTRADA 620 (IN DUCATI HEAVEN)

Online Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2021, 09:43:19 PM »
From timonbik:
Sorry for your loss.  When we lose a pet we often say to ourselves, "never again".   I hope you consider a Dog's Last Wish and provide a loving home for another stray just as you did for Marley.
Totally understand your statement and will probably happen at some point again in the future. For the next few years however we are going to do some bucket list international traveling while we still can, etc. which is difficult with pets.
GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2021, 07:34:06 AM »
From timonbik:Totally understand your statement and will probably happen at some point again in the future. For the next few years however we are going to do some bucket list international traveling while we still can, etc. which is difficult with pets.
GliderJohn

Yeah, I'd have a dog (and cat)  in a heartbeat, but we travel too much for that to happen. Well, not *this last year*  :smiley:  but normally.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2021, 08:43:15 AM »
Our Daisy is nearing 14 years old and having some issues that are requiring much of our time and effort for her care. Not complaining as we love our girl and will do whatever and spend whatever it takes to see her to the time she is ready to cross over the bridge. I’m 68 and feel she will be our last dog. However we still have her cat, Tomas, to care for the next several years.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 09:30:26 AM by Ncdan »

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2021, 08:43:15 AM »

oldbike54

« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2021, 10:29:44 AM »
 Is there any interest in a Marley T shirt in conjunction with the rally in Cedar Vale . Still working out some details as to when it will be , patience please .

John and I discussed the idea , whatever profits there are would go to the no-kill shelter in Newton KS where John met his long time friend Marley.

Dusty

Online Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2021, 02:01:09 PM »
Looks like we will be able to make the T-shirt thing happen. A nice final gesture to honor Marley and maybe get Chuck to spend even more in Marley's name than he has already.  :grin:
The shirts will probably not have an actual picture of Marley but a drawing based on a picture. The shirts will also list the Caring Hands Humane Society as that is the shelter we rescued him from and would receive the donation from selling the shirts. This shelter strives to be a no kill shelter and has gone two years now since putting an animal down. Have maybe narrowed it down to one of these two photos. Would appreciate any input on which one to base the drawing on.

GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

Offline davedel44

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2021, 03:50:07 PM »
I vote for Marley in profile

Dave
Sorry for ya again
Bambino- 2013 V7 Stone

Online guzzi4me

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2021, 06:29:54 PM »
Pic 1 and XL please!

Marley was something special....

Jeff
Jeff S
Fruita CO

01 Jackal "Mistress"...sold
02 Stone "Giada"...donated Cedar Vale raffle
16 Stone V7 II "Olivia"...racking up the miles!!

GeorgiaGuzzi

« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2021, 07:48:59 PM »
Is there any interest in a Marley T shirt in conjunction with the rally in Cedar Vale . Still working out some details as to when it will be , patience please .

John and I discussed the idea , whatever profits there are would go to the no-kill shelter in Newton KS where John met his long time friend Marley.

Dusty

The top picture looks like it would lend itself to a drawing. Do you have an artist for drawing it? And yes I’ll take a T-shirt.

GeorgiaGuzzi

« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2021, 07:53:12 PM »
John, I’m very sorry for your loss. Really no good words to express how much it hurts to lose a pet that’s like a member of the family.

oldbike54

« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2021, 07:59:50 PM »
The top picture looks like it would lend itself to a drawing. Do you have an artist for drawing it? And yes I’ll take a T-shirt.

Yes , we have an artist , we've kinda been working on this for a few days . There will be two different motorcycling groups involved , so we are trying to come up with something that appeals to both groups , although Moto Guzzi will be on the shirts in some form .

To come out on these we will need to sell at least 25 at $27.00 a pop , plus a few bucks for shipping if necessary . Not cheap , then again considering there will only be a few in circulation , and that branded T's go for even more , and this is for a good cause ...Will make sure the shirt is of high quality. Am working on putting together a rally in Cedar Vale in May , just waiting for a couple of things to break . If you aren't familiar , I'll bump the thread up a bit later .

Dusty

Online leroysch

• Gosling
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2021, 08:51:40 PM »
Pic 1

I'll take a large.
'88 FLST
'95 Ducati 916
'04 V11 LeMans
'06 FLHX
'09 Buell 1125R
'17 BMW R Nine T
'19 H2 SX SE+
'22 Pan American
'24 Pan American CVO
'22 Pan America

Offline DesmoDog

• New Egg
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2021, 04:28:28 PM »
Just seeing this post now. My condolences. Been there, done that. The last time we said we were going to wait a couple years until I retired to get another one. Three months later Ollie came home from the shelter with us. Ya gotta love dogs...

RIP, Marley.
-Craig

Online 80CX100

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2021, 05:03:31 PM »
John really sorry to hear that news.

Having a great dog like Marley by your side is a beautiful thing, but being a good caring owner at the end and being forced to do the right thing by them is really tough.

My sympathy and thoughts your way
2008 California Vintage
2003 V11 Lemans
2007 Griso 1100
1979 G5 & 1980 Lemans CX100
2010 Suzuki DR650 & 1978 SR500

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. George Orwell

oldbike54

« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2021, 05:18:46 PM »
Sure, I'm in. You guys going to make it happen???

ZZ

Yeah , we are gonna do the T's , the artists is working on the design .

Dusty

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here