Author Topic: Laverda Jota  (Read 793 times)

Offline dxhall

• Gaggle Hero
Laverda Jota
« on: April 25, 2021, 05:46:57 PM »

Offline Travlr

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Laverda Jota
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 06:15:07 PM »
I've got a '78 Jota.

1. Are you handy?  Mechanics are hard to find.

2. Parts are available from Wolfgang.

4. About a $12K bike in good shape.  Not a fire breather like the Slater 180s.  But a good rider.

I'd think about it as a good way to get into Laverdas.

M

1991 Moto Guzzi LeMans 5
1977 BMW R100S

Online SemperVee

• My life will be told in MC people and experiences more than anything else.
  • Gaggle Mentor
  • USMC Retired
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 07:22:13 PM »

I rode one at Ricky Racer in Cost Mesa CA long time ago when Lance Weil (Former UK Racer) owned the shop.  It was a very Industrial feeling type of MC.  Hope you have a strong clutch hand.  I would own it for the right price.
2007 MG Norge - Hi Ho Silver! - La Dolce Vita
CalSci Tall Windshield
Heli-Bars
Matris Fork + SAG set
Eibach Rear spring
Salamander HB ends
K&N  filter
StainTune pipe
Metal gas fltr
Givi Rear rack
Givi V46 Box and Rack
Startus Interuptus
Napoleon Mirrors
Grip Puppies

Offline 80CX100

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 08:40:32 PM »
I don't know anything about Laverdas, I think that solo seat looks horrible, but the dual seat that comes with it doesn't look bad.

I like the honest sounding attitude of the seller, and that it's a one owner bike and rider; he definitely doesn't over sell it, and it sounds like he's put a fair amount of good coin into it in recent years

I think they do have a reputation for being over built, I'd worry about parts in the future, I know Wolfgang is getting long in the tooth and slowing down on the business side, not sure if anyone else has parts in North America.

If anyone was thinking of getting into a Laverda, that could be a a nice cheap entry point into the brand. The price of them can only go up,

If it makes your heart go pitter patter, and you're mechanically inclined or have someone close to you who is, and it doesn't hurt financially, I'd be making room in the garage, fwiw,

ps Wolfgang is very easy to talk to when he's not busy,(this time of the year he's usually running ragged in 10 directions at once, lol) sounds like he would know the bike and the owner; if you're really interested in it, a 2 minute call to him to get his opinion on the bike would be well worth your time

good luck

:popcorn:
2008 California Vintage
2003 V11 Lemans
2007 Griso 1100
1979 G5 & 1980 Lemans CX100
2010 Suzuki DR650 & 1978 SR500

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 08:40:32 PM »

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2021, 08:18:03 AM »
IMHO, $6,750 is more than reasonable for this bike...It has a lot of potential...but that will also cost a few thousand MORE!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :shocked: :shocked: :huh: :thumb: :boozing: :cool:
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline huub

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2021, 08:36:59 AM »
fair price for one of these,
ideally you would need to ride a laverda triple before buying, like guzzi's they are full of character, you either love them, or cant stand them.
having said that , at that price your risk is minimal, reselling it should not be too hard.

Offline Old Jock

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2021, 09:06:46 AM »
They feel top heavy I've never ridden on but sat om mates a few times.

I'm short at 5'7" amd felt very insecure on it, a combination of being short, not liking bikes that feel top heavy and the skinny tyres.

My mate was shorter than me and he loved riding it, I just felt that at every traffic stop it would be getting ready to bite me.

I think they look great but all Laverdas are heavy. I do see the appeal though I was a huge fan until I threw a leg across a few of them and realised they were just not for me

Offline dxhall

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2021, 11:11:43 AM »
Seat height is my big concern.  The motorcycle spec page lists seat height at 32 inches, which is kind of tall for me with a 30 inch inseam.  The 80s styling appeals, though.

Offline stubbie

• Gosling
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2021, 07:54:28 PM »
Not ridden one myself but a friend of mine had one in the early 80's. It always looked a treat, ran well and he swore it was the best bike he had ever had. He was only about 5'8" but was built like a brick outhouse so he had the strength to muscle it around. We weren't allowed to touch it of course let alone ride it. They sell pretty quick in this part of the world and you would expect to pay around  15 to 18k for one in fair to good condition.

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2021, 01:19:24 PM »
They ain't giving these vintage LAVERDA's away these days....(just sayin')  :rolleyes: :shocked: :rolleyes: :shocked:

Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here