Author Topic: I kept my EVAP Can on and look what happened...  (Read 22349 times)

sonicboom

Re: I kept my EVAP Can on and look what happened...
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2014, 09:56:39 PM »
The canister injects into the air intake and then the air intake injects air into the fuel injectors.

So carbon deposits from that canister could find a way into the injectors and into the engine.

It would be impossible for carbon from the canister to show up in the fuel filter. Unless they have the fuel filtered after it leaves the injectors which would be crazy and not the real world.

Is this the real world.???

« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 10:15:06 PM by sonicboom »

Offline Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2014, 10:10:39 PM »
Maybe he hooked the lines up wrong. Could be the gas is going through that canister before it goes into the fuel injectors. Makes sense to me. ;-T

No.
It only deals with gasoline fumes.

Removing it only gains you some space.
Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

Vasco DG

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2014, 10:16:06 PM »
The canister injects into the air intake and then the air intake injects air into the fuel injectors.

So carbon deposits from that canister could find a way into the injectors and into the engine.

No dear. No just run along outside and play with the other children....... :D

sonicboom

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2014, 10:23:34 PM »
Hey, what's he got to smile about? Talk about the shallow end of the engineering gene pool - he's the most loathed component on the bike and goes about smiling like some slack-jawed idiot.

I'm sure he laughs all the way to the bank. With a smile like that.... he must be keeping good company. Just waiting to suck another fool in. $$$$$$$$$$$ from the bottom of that Gene pool. LMAO

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2014, 10:23:34 PM »

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2014, 10:27:08 PM »

It would be impossible for carbon from the canister to show up in the fuel filter. Unless they have the fuel filtered after it leaves the injectors which would be crazy and not the real world.

Is this the real world.???

The red is the only true statement.

sonicboom

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2014, 11:02:21 PM »

LMAO :pop :pop :pop :pop :pop

Why are you on ignore by 8 members?  Approaching 9 real fast.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 11:16:31 PM by sonicboom »

sonicboom

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2014, 11:11:07 PM »

[/quote

SIR!!!!

Please explain to me how and why carbon can't end up getting into the intake system, fuel injection system and into the engine.

I just left a whole lot of room for you to wiggle out of this.

sonicboom

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2014, 11:17:56 PM »
Hey, what's he got to smile about? Talk about the shallow end of the engineering gene pool - he's the most loathed component on the bike and goes about smiling like some slack-jawed idiot.

Why are you on ignore by 8 members???? What happen?

oldbike54

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2014, 11:38:42 PM »
So I am sitting here eating ice cream out of a large tub (serves 8 , yeah right ) , and can't for the life of me figure out where the carbon is coming from  ???
   Dusty

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2014, 11:59:01 PM »

[/quote

SIR!!!!

Please explain to me how and why carbon can't end up getting into the intake system, fuel injection system and into the engine.

I just left a whole lot of room for you to wiggle out of this.

Kev and others already explained it in this topic, and myself and others have gone over it in detail with you in the past.  Yet that previous post of yours that I quoted demonstrates one of the most completely perfect misunderstandings of any concept, ever.  If you can't understand even Kev's "more basic" version a few posts up ^, what possible good would it do me to type it all yet again?

Why are you on ignore by 8 members???? What happen?

Only 8 iggies?  Thanks for keeping track.  My count is way down.  If you join them you'll be in good company, with folks like Enzo, London Bill, Andrew Thomas Evans, and muschi.  True WG legends, they are.  We miss them sometimes.  That's what happened.    8)

sonicboom

« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2014, 12:06:03 AM »
So I am sitting here eating ice cream out of a large tub (serves 8 , yeah right ) , and can't for the life of me figure out where the carbon is coming from  ???
   Dusty

The carbon is getting thick tonight. :BEER:

Vasco DG

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2014, 12:11:07 AM »
I was just thinking this troll has shades of ATE. Didn't he get the arse for trying to do some sort of identity theft?

Sorry, I know I shouldn't but when I get trolled I just troll back. Obviously a personality defect. ;D

Pete

sonicboom

« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2014, 12:12:19 AM »
Kev and others already explained it in this topic, and myself and others have gone over it in detail with you in the past.  Yet that previous post of yours that I quoted demonstrates one of the most completely perfect misunderstandings of any concept, ever.  If you can't understand even Kev's "more basic" version a few posts up ^, what possible good would it do me to type it all yet again?

Only 8 iggies?  Thanks for keeping track.  My count is way down.  If you join them you'll be in good company, with folks like Enzo, London Bill, Andrew Thomas Evans, and muschi.  True WG legends, they are.  We miss them sometimes.  That's what happened.    8)

I don't have a problem with some good banter. I really don't take any of this too serious, However, I do check people out. You are being watched. So when you go to bed tonight say your prayers and remember Sonic is paying attention. :+=copcar

Vasco DG

« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2014, 12:15:00 AM »
Ah! Another two-pot screamer! They're always fun! ;-T

Pete

sonicboom

« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2014, 12:25:23 AM »
I was just thinking this troll has shades of ATE. Didn't he get the arse for trying to do some sort of identity theft?

Sorry, I know I shouldn't but when I get trolled I just troll back. Obviously a personality defect. ;D

Pete

OMG, You must be the PHD psychologist they were telling me about. :+=copcar
I'll keep an eye out for trolls and personality defects and all those things we need to watch out for.  Ohhh, carbon too. :pop

sonicboom

« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2014, 12:27:34 AM »
Ah! Another two-pot screamer! They're always fun! ;-T

Pete
[/quote

I'll be sure to watch out for the 2 pot screamer thing also. THOSE really put the carbon out.

oldbike54

« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2014, 12:32:35 AM »
 :o I tell ya , :o  ;D
   Dusty

sonicboom

« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2014, 01:04:45 AM »
I give up man...I'm ATE come back and shit.

You figured me out dude. :pop :pop :pop :pop :pop :pop :+=copcar :+=copcar :+=copcar :+=copcar :+=copcar :+=copcar :+=copcar :+=copcar :+=copcar :+=copcar :+=copcar :+=copcar :PICS!: :PICS!: :PICS!: :PICS!: :PICS!: :food :food :food :food :bike :bike :bike :beat_horse :beat_horse :beat_horse :beat_horse :beat_horse

Vasco DG

« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2014, 01:34:42 AM »
Right, I think we've established what we needed to.

Carry on.

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: Re: I kept my EVAP Can on and look what happened...
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2014, 06:17:30 AM »
Oh brother...., even I'm starting to believe someone can't possibly misunderstand this system THAT badly...
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline cruzziguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2014, 10:16:31 AM »
All that from the a little bit of vapor, weak command of the English language - both passively and actively - (at least at the keyboard), possibly some medication and thin skin encapsulating a mildly aggressive contrarian.

Who needs cable? :pop
Todd
07 Calvin            77 TT500
95 Sport 1100      04 Breva 750
82 Katana           79 GS850G
72 "Crud"dorado
03 Barely Davidson 883 Huggy
Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top.

oldbike54

« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2014, 10:43:07 AM »
Lost in all of this is the cool humorous thing our boy TonUP did with his evap can  :D Good job  ;-T

Dusty

Offline cruzziguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2014, 11:10:33 AM »
Lost in all of this is the cool humorous thing our boy TonUP did with his evap can  :D Good job  ;-T

Dusty

I wanna know what clever thing he did on what would otherwise be the "butt" end of the canister.

Wait - maybe I don't ~;
Todd
07 Calvin            77 TT500
95 Sport 1100      04 Breva 750
82 Katana           79 GS850G
72 "Crud"dorado
03 Barely Davidson 883 Huggy
Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top.

oldbike54

« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2014, 11:23:14 AM »
 :D :D :D :D :D :D
   Dusty

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2014, 01:22:03 PM »
Oh, good.  Kev's still checking in here.  Kev -- in the diagram you posted, where do the two bottom hoses go?

Sonic -- I'll overlook your lame attempt to be menacing and make one last try to help you understand this:

The fuel vapor recovery and vent is (ROUGHLY) to the fuel delivery system what the crankcase vent is to the oil delivery system.  If you can see the parallelism between the fuel and oil systems, then you can think of the canister as a filter in the vent.  It collects vapor.  It allows the vapor to condense and return to the tank.  What vapor does not condense it passes through to the engine to be burned.  That's all it is and that's all it does.

Inside the can is an activated charcoal filter.  It's not a handful of crumbled hearth ash poured loose into a can, it's an actual encapsulated filter with media bound to a matrix.  Since it's not free-range charcoal, and since it's not upstream of the fuel pump or injectors, it is impossible for charcoal to plug an injector.  Since it's not connected to the fuel filter in any way whatsoever, you will not find charcoal from the cannister in a fuel filter, either.  I don't care what u-toob thinks.

That's as simple as I can make it. 

Offline rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2014, 01:35:09 PM »
  in the diagram you posted, where do the two bottom hoses go?

Those slash-cut tubes pointing down just hang behind/below the engine/transmission
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2014, 03:06:16 PM »
Oh, good.  Kev's still checking in here.  Kev -- in the diagram you posted, where do the two bottom hoses go?

I THINK Rocker has it right, but the service manual doesn't detail and I honestly don't remember as I removed them almost a decade ago.

But I would think they are the fresh air intakes used when purging the canisters (or possibly overflow tubes, but I don't THINK that would be it).

Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2014, 03:12:16 PM »

Sonic -- I'll overlook your lame attempt to be menacing and make one last try to help you understand this:

You're too late - he's dead.   He either did himself in or The Mod pushed the red button on him ....

The life span of a troll on WG is about the same as a German Maxim gunner in the Somme trenches .....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2014, 03:18:18 PM »
I can't remember if they connect to anything, too.  Since I've stripped the frame I don't have any clues left over.   :(  I think the upper hoses diagram covers everything I expected to connect to anything, so I'll try leaving them loose.

Offline rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2014, 03:24:43 PM »

I give up man...I'm ATE come back and shit.

You figured me out dude.

Hmmm...

::)
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here