Author Topic: Nuovo Falcone forum seems dead...or is it me?  (Read 5145 times)

Offline mhsilverw

• New Egg
Nuovo Falcone forum seems dead...or is it me?
« on: September 17, 2014, 12:05:19 PM »
I love posting and reading posts on WildGuzzi, and love the Nuovo Falcone content.  ;-T

There is (was?) also a dedicated forum for the Nuovo Falcone that seems to take over from 'Paul Friday's Nuovo Falcone webpages' that appear to have disappeared.  :(

This was a recent google search...

www.phpbber.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=142...nuovofalcone

Seems to be available as 'cached' pages, but doesn't seem to be active or available.  ???  Has it died and gone wherever 'dead' websites/forums go  ::(

Mind u my pc skills may not be the sharpest or latest so maybe its me  :-[

It was a useful resource for keeping like-minded NF fans in touch but it seems to be unavailable. Anyone know why?

Will continue to enjoy this site, worried it might corrupt me and make me want an Eldorado; 850T3; Convert; 750 etc etc....  :P

For now will enjoy the NF's on here  :bike

Mark

« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 12:07:29 PM by mhsilverw »

Offline leafman60

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Nuovo Falcone forum seems dead...or is it me?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 01:12:46 PM »
Paul Friday is history.  Sold his  Falcon and left the auditorium.

Go here for a ADV thread devoted to Nuovo Falcone that our vast numbers congregate:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=849445

Banquo also has a site that he can reference.

Offline banquo

• New Egg
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 04:19:16 AM »
I love posting and reading posts on WildGuzzi, and love the Nuovo Falcone content.  ;-T

There is (was?) also a dedicated forum for the Nuovo Falcone that seems to take over from 'Paul Friday's Nuovo Falcone webpages' that appear to have disappeared.  :(

This was a recent google search...

www.phpbber.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=142...nuovofalcone

Seems to be available as 'cached' pages, but doesn't seem to be active or available.  ???  Has it died and gone wherever 'dead' websites/forums go  ::(

Mind u my pc skills may not be the sharpest or latest so maybe its me  :-[

It was a useful resource for keeping like-minded NF fans in touch but it seems to be unavailable. Anyone know why?

Will continue to enjoy this site, worried it might corrupt me and make me want an Eldorado; 850T3; Convert; 750 etc etc....  :P

For now will enjoy the NF's on here  :bike

Mark

Hi Mark, Yes, the Mighty Falcone Forum has gone for good. It was hosted on a free forum site (along with another forum I ran at the same time) and both disappeared simultaneously, with no warning at all. We lost a lot of good stuff, and I think it's gone for good. As Leafman has said, some of us have migrated to a thread elsewhere, but I would like to see the return of a dedicated NF forum.... :( Paul Friday's site, and his Yahoo Group, disappeared some time ago, and I set up the free forum as a follow on from that. Nothing is life is free, right?

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 09:30:27 AM »
Why not start a Yahoo Group of your own? Not that hard to set one up or keep it going. If none of y'all want to do it, I could start one even though I don't own a Nuovo Falcone - I already own/moderate the Loopframe Guzzi Yahoo Group.
Charlie

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 09:30:27 AM »

Offline leafman60

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 10:00:59 AM »
Just come on over to our Adventure Rider thread. We'll take care of you there.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=849445
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 10:02:48 AM by leafman60 »

Offline banquo

• New Egg
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 09:27:03 AM »
Thanks for the offer Antietam.

For anyone interested, the Nuovo Falcone Virtual Owners Club now resides here:
 http://nuovofalcone.createaforum.com/index.php
As does a resurrected Paul Friday, who has been located, and has been generous enough to upload a load of stuff from his old site, to add to the other available resources that are being linked as we speak.

We have Leafman to thank for continuing to keep the ball rolling on AdvRider, and we won't forget that!  8)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 09:31:30 AM by banquo »

Penderic

This looks like a really great adventure! Great scenery and some good tunes along the way. Yahoo!  :D Those European guys look really good in formation riding ... love the colors! And how in heaven can they have so much fun without at least 100hp?           ::) /s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwC4Y4djJuw

The Moto Guzzi Falcone Club of Schio (Vicenza) tours northern California in September 2014.

(? Something is also mentioned about Falcone "vibrations" and improving your fertility rate? ...... hmmmm?)  :D
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 01:32:09 AM by Penderic »

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here