Author Topic: Thinking about selling my Nikon DSLR -- spammy  (Read 11819 times)

Offline NCAmother

• Gaggle Mentor
    • NathanAppel (NSFW)
Re: Thinking about selling my Nikon DSLR -- spammy
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2015, 10:30:09 AM »
Stick with Nikon (or even Canon)  I have a nikon D800E, and there is no end to lens options, plus the viewfinder makes it so much easier to 'read'.  I'd also check to see if they make D600/D800 focusing screens, last time I looked there were no quality split screens for my D800E.  And manual focusing with the rangefinder arrows is iffy at best.  If there were split screens, I'd probably use manual contax lenses on the nikon.
As for the Sony compacts, low light, low aperture and high ISO does not compare to the newest nikon FF bodies (even though sony builds the censors for the Nikons, they are physically larger than the sony mirrorless cameras.)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 10:47:41 AM by NCAmother »

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Thinking about selling my Nikon DSLR -- spammy
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2015, 10:40:22 AM »
a friend of mine junked his Canon stuff and got the Nikon 810.   He's a lab rat and likes to see how big we can blow up images and look for noise and artifacts.  Interesting hobby.  He does the same thing with expensive stereo gear.

I don't think you can go wrong either way if you have the glass.  Get a FF now and then pick up APS-C latter (used) as back up.  The glass is the system investment.  I have a DSLR and DSLT.  And several lenses, some I picked up used.
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here