Author Topic: Longer Shocks On Lario Cafe Racer  (Read 2553 times)

reo

Longer Shocks On Lario Cafe Racer
« on: February 01, 2015, 01:31:44 PM »
Hello.
I want to raise my Lario cafe racer build with longer shocks. Will increase to 14 "/ 14.5" (366 / 368mm)
Anyone know how much I can improve? Thinking of the angle of the swing arm and drive shaft.

REO

Offline Mayor_of_BBQ

• Instagram: @Mayor_of_BBQ
  • Gaggle Hero
  • 'Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski'
Re: Longer Shocks On Lario Cafe Racer
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 02:24:37 PM »
No idea but Ed from guzzipower.com has a Nevada scrambler frankenbike with rear shocks at least that long. The frames and other components are pretty simular but bear in mind he did raise the front with long forks & bigger wheel and is prob running more sag than your cafe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chad (Shadrach) in Asheville NC
1979 LeMans CX-100 (battle axe)
2007 Breva 1100 (Sport 1200 tribute)

Offline kevdog3019

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 02:39:58 PM »
Hello.
I want to raise my Lario cafe racer build with longer shocks. Will increase to 14 "/ 14.5" (366 / 368mm)
Anyone know how much I can improve? Thinking of the angle of the swing arm and drive shaft.

REO

340mm is about it for clearance issues with the lower frame member.  I did that with my cafe Lario build and it worked great.  To even it out you'll also need to drop the fork tubes through quite a ways.  Mine performs way better in the stability department than my stock bike.  I'm also not affected by side winds but don't know why this is exactly.  Didn't realize this until my buddy kept talking about it on a ride we did, then realized I felt nothing when I got back on the bike.  Maybe it's lack of body work??  Strive for a straight line on the sump bottom.  That's what I did and seems to work great.  Also, I'd measure your distance for the 340's to those frame members as not everyone can go longer.  My shaft is still in line.  I got Hagons and like them. Best.
'86 V65 "Super" Lario
'85 Honda Nighthawk 700s
'86 V65 Lario

reo

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 11:45:33 AM »
Great.

Thanks.

REO

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 11:45:33 AM »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here