Author Topic: The "Quick Release" Lie [Cross Post from Griso Ghetto]  (Read 4394 times)

Bill Hagan

The "Quick Release" Lie [Cross Post from Griso Ghetto]
« on: February 11, 2015, 12:13:52 PM »

Posted this on Griso Ghetto earlier today.

Pete Roper's rapid response was, as usual, so helpful, thought I'd share his wisdom here.

http://www.grisoghetto.com/t1078-the-mandello-oxymoron-fuel-line-quick-release

Thanks, yet again, Pete.

Bill

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
Re: The "Quick Release" Lie [Cross Post from Griso Ghetto]
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 12:42:34 PM »
There is a definite learning curve to removing the griso tank. I found it best to lift the front of the tank up leaving the back end down as a pivot point. A short wooden block to hold the front up while you deal with the dreaded quick connect fitting. I then used paper clip wire to poke into the connector to release it. First  I tried lifting the rear of the tank as I had read somewhere, but it doesn't allow you enough room to get in there to fiddle with the connector.Also because of the way the fuel line is run, you are likely to kink the line,as I learned the hard way. Once the tank is off you will likely be surprised at how much dirt and tar bits  ect. are thrown up in between the cylinders by the front tire. Would like to find a better front fender. Mine is an 09, I don't know if the newer ones have been improved.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here