Author Topic: More Wild in the Streets  (Read 10215 times)

Online LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
More Wild in the Streets
« on: March 19, 2015, 10:54:02 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6Bpz_LPrdo

I wonder if this guy will get a job as stunt rider once he's out of jail?
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline sib

• Gaggle Hero
  • Location: Smallest state, 221 times smaller than Texas, often compared to the size of an oil slick, forest fire, or ice sheet
Re: More Wild in the Streets
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 01:55:21 PM »
Comparatively civilized fuzz, they didn't beat him to a pulp (at least not while the cameras rolled).
Current: 2021 V7 Stone E5
Previous: 2016 V7II Stone
Previous: 2013 V7 Stone
Several decades ago: 1962? Honda CB77 Super Hawk

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 02:03:38 PM »
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 02:14:32 PM »
Job?

Yes, idiots with poor judgment and a police record make IDEAL employees!   Better plan on a few more years at Mom's, I'd say ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 02:14:32 PM »

Offline sib

• Gaggle Hero
  • Location: Smallest state, 221 times smaller than Texas, often compared to the size of an oil slick, forest fire, or ice sheet
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 02:26:37 PM »
I'd rather see them do these stunts on bikes than in cars.  There's less chance of them killing anyone but themselves, in a fittingly darwinian way.
Current: 2021 V7 Stone E5
Previous: 2016 V7II Stone
Previous: 2013 V7 Stone
Several decades ago: 1962? Honda CB77 Super Hawk

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 03:03:52 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6Bpz_LPrdo

I wonder if this guy will get a job as stunt rider once he's out of jail?

Hard to get a driving job when you can't ever hava a license again anywhere.

Online LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 03:47:58 PM »
The talking heads kept saying they had never seen anything like this  ??? Doesn't this sort of thing happen about once a week in SoCal ? Also , the so called expert claiming the bike would go 300 miles on a tank of gas seems a bit optimistic , isn't this a Honda standard with a relatively small tank ? The press should not release his name and allow him his 15 minutes of fame . Hey , John , you are a better and faster rider than this clown  :D

Dusty

I am better and faster?  No way, I don't have the ability to surf the seat and do all those stunts while evading the cops.

Safer?  Perhaps but not positively.  Actually, I thought he looked pretty safe and competent.  Dollars to doughnuts, many here have gone faster on the street (minus traffic and helicopter).

He was a pretty cool cat.  Did his thing, got his 15 minutes, pulled over, got on the ground and gave out his twitter account to the reporter.  I don't think the LEOs had any business drawing down on him with semiautomatic pistols since he was down and giving up.  He's a parent with a couple of kids.

The idiot commentator saying 300 mile range was only wrong by double.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 03:50:12 PM by LowRyter »
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Online LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 03:52:45 PM »
Comparatively civilized fuzz, they didn't beat him to a pulp (at least not while the cameras rolled).

well it used to be they'd beat the hell of you and then let you go, or take you in and book you.  Now it's all on TV, so they have to pull out their guns and make a show out of it like the guy's Public Enemy #1.
John L 

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 04:02:08 PM »

I don't think the LEOs had any business drawing down on him with semiautomatic pistols since he was down and giving up.  He's a parent with a couple of kids.

That's an easy call to make now that we've all seen the video from 1000 miles away and know the whole story; ha ha, he's just a harmless prankster, what a card that young bubba is!

The cops only knew that a crazy man straddling a fire-propelled kinetic energy weapon who was doing completely illegal things on the street was not complying with their lawful demands; I'd have had MY gun out, I know that!

Lannis

Online LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2015, 04:09:00 PM »
put your gun away Landis. 

my hands are up.            ;D
John L 

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2015, 04:17:57 PM »

A gun?  Who, me?

Michael would never let me have one, I was SO annoyed ....

Landis

Rough Edge racing

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2015, 04:22:28 PM »

my hands are up.            ;D

I don't think Lannis drew his piece...If you have to deal with  guys stunt riding on public roads ,guns will be drawn just because.

Online LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2015, 05:09:39 PM »
A gun?  Who, me?

Michael would never let me have one, I was SO annoyed ....

Landis

I hear the ABC has an opening.    :+=copcar
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 05:10:19 PM by LowRyter »
John L 

Offline kevdog3019

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2015, 05:27:32 PM »
I'd rather see protocol be that they whisper sweet nothings in the perps ear.  That should make the bad guy get week kneed.

This guy needed a good knuckle sandwich to the head.  He's a knucklehead. Cops are getting lame.
'86 V65 "Super" Lario
'85 Honda Nighthawk 700s
'86 V65 Lario

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2015, 06:22:03 PM »
I don't think Lannis drew his piece...If you have to deal with  guys stunt riding on public roads ,guns will be drawn just because.

To some folks, I guess, if you opine that maybe the police had justification for preparing to defend themselves against a crazy person, then THAT'S that very same thing as a virtual person pointing a virtual gun at your own virtual head while your virtual hands are up.   Virtual and reality get tangled up sometimes, it's why "Reality Shows" are so popular, even though they're the fakest venue on the planet ...  ::)

Lannis

Rough Edge racing

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2015, 06:36:16 PM »
To some folks, I guess, if you opine that maybe the police had justification for preparing to defend themselves against a crazy person, then THAT'S that very same thing as a virtual person pointing a virtual gun at your own virtual head while your virtual hands are up.   Virtual and reality get tangled up sometimes, it's why "Reality Shows" are so popular, even though they're the fakest venue on the planet ...  ::)

Lannis

When I was a young punk nearly 50 years ago it was known if you aggravated the cops they would pound on you, point firearms and all that nasty stuff. I'm no fan of the police but I do understand why they act the way they do. And if I was a cop I would probably act the same way.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2015, 06:56:47 PM »
When I was a young punk nearly 50 years ago it was known if you aggravated the cops they would pound on you, point firearms and all that nasty stuff. I'm no fan of the police but I do understand why they act the way they do. And if I was a cop I would probably act the same way.

And that's a good bit of the reason (among others) why I'm not a policeman.   The adrenalin would get going, I'd do something that seemed perfectly justified at the time but didn't look very good upon reflection (and upon video), and I'd be done.

I'm glad someone can do it.   Given the provocation they get sometimes, I'm amazed that there aren't more incidents than there are ... !

Lannis

Online Kent in Upstate NY

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2015, 07:52:29 PM »
It is called felony evading in California and can screw up your record. My wife's nephew did this a few years ago and did some county time. He got lucky, got some years clean and had the record expunged. However, it will always appear when they run his RAP(Record of Arrests and Paroles) sheet. The conviction is not always on the same page as the expungment.
Correctional educators don't make the criminals you fear. We make the criminals you fear smarter.

Rough Edge racing

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2015, 06:31:30 AM »
And that's a good bit of the reason (among others) why I'm not a policeman.   The adrenalin would get going, I'd do something that seemed perfectly justified at the time but didn't look very good upon reflection (and upon video), and I'd be done.

I'm glad someone can do it.   Given the provocation they get sometimes, I'm amazed that there aren't more incidents than there are ... !

Lannis

Despite me being a hoodlum, I did go to college on the GI Bill and got into being a probation,parole,or administrative police work. I did an internship and quickly realized the reality of dealing with assholes and bullies on a daily basis. Both criminals and police  ;D  There's no doubt in my mine that law enforcement requires you to become a bully even if you're were not one due to job requirements.I have know several LEO's on a personal level and was never completely at ease.
 It might be the bit of Punk still in me so I view the police like a predator,always be on guard...And admit to nothing...

Offline arveno

• Gaggle Hero
    • ddleathers.com
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2015, 07:03:44 AM »
I don't see anything "dangerous" for the public , he s not going that fast either, just playing cat and mouse with the cops which is funny lol

I bet hes just looking for some "attention" , i would just leave him alone....he would stop doing the clown if no one watch.

But i wonder why Cops rides harley ? ( and BMW ) I mean , they do not ride coast to coast so a lighter and faster bike would be more appropriate .

Whos the idiot that at 7.38 says " ahhhh he weak ? "

« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 07:07:40 AM by arveno »

Online LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2015, 09:47:14 AM »
that was my impression too
John L 

Offline cruzziguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2015, 01:41:47 PM »
Looks like our man just wanted to be the next inter-web sensation.

Now, had he started screamin' "Racist!" and "I can't breath!" after he was caught, I'da got a a kick out of it.

Otherwise, he's just a tool that the next guy will try to outdo and possibly - this time - to a third party's detriment. I figure for that reason if no other like actual endangerment - billy-blast-off'll have the book thrown at him. Phony self admonishments on his part not withstanding.

Todd.
Todd
07 Calvin            77 TT500
95 Sport 1100      04 Breva 750
82 Katana           79 GS850G
72 "Crud"dorado
03 Barely Davidson 883 Huggy
Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top.

Offline Shorty

• Gaggle Hero
  • "I'd rather lube a chain than crab a frame."
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2015, 04:44:48 PM »
Ha! Took the Harley a LONG time to catch up....... :pop  ;)
2017 Suzuki DR650
2021 Royal Enfield Meteor 350

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2015, 04:59:19 PM »
It must have been a slow news day, I didn't see him do anything too dangerous, stupid maybe.
17 V7III Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2015, 08:09:00 PM »
It must have been a slow news day, I didn't see him do anything too dangerous, stupid maybe.

Sometimes all it takes is stupid.   

For example, I could ride past a cop, yell "OFF THE PIGS!", take off at the speed limit with a cop behind me signalling me to stop, I could stop at the edge of the woods, drop the bike, and start running through the woods in an unpopulated area with the cops behind me yelling at me to stop.

I wouldn't have done one single dangerous thing, but that doesn't mean that the cops wouldn't bring an a$$-kicking with them when they finally caught me up, wrestled me to the ground, cuffed me, and held my head down so I wouldn't bump it on the roof gutter of the police cruiser when they shoved me in the back seat ... !

Lannis

Online LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2015, 08:15:26 PM »
so Lannis, what happened after the cop caught you after running in the woods?  Did you meet new "friends" in lockup?  Did you get time, rehab, booby hatch?

I am guessing you've spent time in the hatch.

This explains so much.
John L 

Offline Shorty

• Gaggle Hero
  • "I'd rather lube a chain than crab a frame."
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2015, 09:28:03 PM »
You noticed that also ? I didn't want to start trouble , but you being a Harley guy ... ;D

Dusty

Hoping to soon be an Ex Harley guy..... :D
2017 Suzuki DR650
2021 Royal Enfield Meteor 350

Online LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2015, 10:10:48 PM »
selling the Sporty, Shorty?
John L 

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here