Author Topic: What's For Dinner?  (Read 13948 times)

Offline sib

• Gaggle Hero
  • Location: Smallest state, 221 times smaller than Texas, often compared to the size of an oil slick, forest fire, or ice sheet
Re: What's For Dinner?
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2015, 08:33:37 AM »
I am about to fire up the grill with some hickory.

My grill's still buried under snow, is soon as it melts, I'll fire it up.  Some years I've been able to grill all winter, but not this one.
Current: 2021 V7 Stone E5
Previous: 2016 V7II Stone
Previous: 2013 V7 Stone
Several decades ago: 1962? Honda CB77 Super Hawk

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2015, 10:26:10 AM »
Tonight's dinner is the same as every night's dinner.  Organic rolled oats, almond milk, unsalted peanuts and 1/3 of a banana.  Dessert is one whole wheat bagel with canola spread.  At my age a body mass index of 20, no aches and no meds, do not come without some self-care.  Yes, I'm a vegan...How did you guess?  And yes, yes, I know you'll all outlive me.  Just sayin'...

Ralph

I tell ya.. one of these days you're going to feel pretty silly, dying of nothing.. ;D :BEER:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Penderic

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2015, 11:11:48 AM »
FYI: I don't like cooking much, the restaurants here are very expensive, so I usually go out and pick up something fast and convenient.

I am going to pass by the local market and deli later today and if anything looks good.

Offline triman023

• New Egg
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2015, 05:22:17 PM »
A couple of huge Portabello mushrooms, about as big as the gas cap mount on my Griso. Baked potatoes (45 min at 400 degrees to make the skins crisp) and fresh Asparagus. and a Stella to wash it down. Mushrooms grilled on the BBQ with olive oil, butter and garlic with a splash of white wine. Almost as good as a steak...

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2015, 05:22:17 PM »

MotoGoosy

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2015, 05:37:06 PM »
Mixed fresh salad with trail mix on it 5 nights a week.

oldbike54

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2015, 05:50:04 PM »
A couple of huge Portabello mushrooms, about as big as the gas cap mount on my Griso. Baked potatoes (45 min at 400 degrees to make the skins crisp) and fresh Asparagus. and a Stella to wash it down. Mushrooms grilled on the BBQ with olive oil, butter and garlic with a splash of white wine. Almost as good as a steak...
[/quote

Portabello mushrooms and vine ripened beefsteak tomatoes are the best foods , nothing else even comes close in IMHO .

Dusty

Bill Hagan

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2015, 05:58:27 PM »
A can of pork and beans with two cans of sardines. A big chunk of limburger cheese and a quart of chunky buttermilk. Topped off with a Moon Pie for dessert.
 Life is good.
Tex

Lordy, I love sardines.  Kathi hates 'em.  But, she eats some weird Polish "delicacies," so I can't criticize (much).   :wife: :D

I buy lots of 'em for supper when she's with the grandbabies.

A (or more  ;) :BEER:)) beer, some crackers, and any of the seemingly infinite varieties of sardine packings, e.g., mustard -- possibly my favorite.

I have found an odd phenomenon, too, that maybe other sardine aficionados may have encountered.

When I have regular soda crackers with sardines (especially with those packed in olive oil), there is a pronounced taste of ashes.  Anyone else notice that?  I've googled that and not seen it mentioned.

Pizza and beer.

Yes!   ;D

Bill

P.S.  Tonight, it was Costco rotisserie chicken and some green leaves Kathi said were good for me.  Disgusting, IMO.  The Franzia box wine got me through it without gagging.

Offline cwiseman

• Gaggle Mentor
    • C&D Motorsports
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2015, 06:13:53 PM »
One of my favorite meals is being served tonight. Cornbread with chipped beef and onion gravy. A recipe from the depression era. My other favorite meal is chickencock's homemade country fried deer steak, mashed taters and gravy, only thing better is G-Ma's fried squirrel or rabbit!
Moto Guzzi Robinson/C & D Motorsports
618-544-RIDE
Moto Guzzi dealer in South Eastern Illinois
Personal rides 2007 Calvin, 72 Eldo, V7 Classic, 75 RD350, GasGas Pampera 250 + a few others
2-stroke street bike enthusiast

Offline delrod

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2015, 06:29:32 PM »
Platter for two Hayward Pit BBQ Overland Park Ks, Burnt ends Turkey and pulled pork, fries and beans. Best thing is still got leftovers for tonight after the news
Doug in Pittsburg KS
2003EVT

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2015, 06:38:31 PM »
Platter for two Hayward Pit BBQ Overland Park Ks, Burnt ends Turkey and pulled pork, fries and beans. Best thing is still got leftovers for tonight after the news

MMMMM dang that sounds good!
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline krglorioso

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2015, 12:05:21 AM »
I tell ya.. one of these days you're going to feel pretty silly, dying of nothing.. ;D :BEER:

I plan to ascend into heaven.

Ralph
Ralph
"You don't stop riding because you got old; you got old because you stopped riding".

2004 Moto Guzzi Breva 750
2017 Honda CB-500F
2021 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Offline Dean Rose

• Gaggle Hero
    • Twin Valley Riders
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2015, 05:09:18 AM »
Lordy, I love sardines.

King Oscar sardines in olive oil with at touch of lemon juice. The only ones to buy.

Dean
Magnolia '02 EV
Sophia '06 Breva 1100 
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2015, 10:03:31 AM »
 ;-T  King Oscar
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Bill Hagan

« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2015, 10:15:20 AM »
I plan to ascend into heaven.

Ralph

I have Faith that you will.

I also hope it won't be diet that gets you in and me out.   :o

OTOH, if lucky, I'll expect to spend a few thou years in purgatory before (and if) I get called up.  Hoping Kathi remembers me.   :D

Bill

King Oscar sardines in olive oil with at touch of lemon juice. The only ones to buy.

Dean

No quarrel with that, Dean, except as a sole (pun noted, but, I swear, not intended!  ;D) choice.    :food

I made the mistake once of not seeing the "hot jalapeņo" on the label.  Still drinking beer to make up for that.   :o :BEER:

Bill

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here