Author Topic: Hats off to Harpers  (Read 2372 times)

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
Hats off to Harpers
« on: June 26, 2015, 10:09:29 PM »
Just wanted to share my first experience with Harpers moto Guzzi. Against the advice of some very knowledgeable guzzi heads, I recently purchased a 1979 v50 11 which had not been run in three years, to become a starter bike for my daughter. It had electrical issues as the right side ignition components were all fried. I was rightfully forewarned about the availability of the Bosch electronic ignition parts for this model but dove in anyway. Less than one week later, my daughter now has a sweet running v50 largely due to the outstanding support we received at Harpers. I would highly recommend them for all your Guzzi parts old and new, they truly went above and beyond to find what we needed in amazingly short time. My daughter took her first ever street legal ride with me today and it was fantastic to see her tooling along on a vintage goose. Now  if Curtis could help me de-tune the Griso about 80 h.p. I could stay right behind her! Thanks to everyone at Harpers,  and on Wildgoose chase.    Dave

Offline Guido Valvole

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Hats off to Harpers
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 10:21:16 PM »
 :1: :1: :1: :1: :1:
and good to see another one on the road!
cr
V50 II
V50 Monza
Le Mans 1000 (IV)
Martinez, CA

Offline Yukonica

• Gaggle Hero
    • Borealbreeze Bernese Mountain Dogs
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 01:01:51 AM »
Lucian, you are doing your daughter 'right' by teaching her the value of not giving in and accepting the easy route.
She may have learned to enjoy a 250.
One may write one's destiny but the unknown delivers it.

Offline leafman60

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 04:39:16 AM »
The Harper's gang is great to deal with.  I've never had them be rude or prickly on the phone and they really go out of their way to help.   

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 04:39:16 AM »

canuck750

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 09:51:07 AM »
The Harper's gang is great to deal with.  I've never had them be rude or prickly on the phone and they really go out of their way to help.

Yep, every single time I deal with them it ahs been great service, very helpful, knowledgeable beyond belief and they have what you need in stock!

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 10:03:17 AM »
Now  if Curtis could help me de-tune the Griso about 80 h.p. I could stay right behind her!

Here's the standard Guzzi engine mod you're looking for.  Just leave off the transmission in the photo and continue to use the stock one.  You can choose which cylinder to eliminate based on the routes you normally ride, and whether they favor right or left turns.

When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

Offline Guido Valvole

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 10:27:56 AM »
Triple Jim, what's the story behind that? Ought to be a good one...
cr
V50 II
V50 Monza
Le Mans 1000 (IV)
Martinez, CA

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 10:48:32 AM »
Here's the Raven Motorcycles web site and blog:

http://raven-moto.com/

http://57broadway.com/jeff/

You can go back through the pages of the blog and see what his M.O. is.  I follow the blog, waiting to see what he does next.  I'm particularly anxious to read the performance reports on the Raven Single.
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here