Author Topic: Well I am convinced if you own a Guzzi...  (Read 11710 times)

Offline bobbyfromnc

• Gosling
    • Bobby Writes
Well I am convinced if you own a Guzzi...
« on: May 25, 2016, 01:09:58 PM »
Well I am convinced if you own a Guzzi and live one hundred miles from your dealer you probably should own a motorcycle trailer to haul it with as well. If you've had my luck with Guzzi so far. I had nothing but trouble with the Norge I owned, it spent close to 5 months off and on in the shop last year. I traded for a 1400 touring in march. Properly broke the bike in. Had 1st service done. took it on first long day trip a couple of weeks ago, 532 miles. Next day cleaned it up. Today I take a ride, bike running great... Red Triangle warning light comes on as well as the all caps SERVICE comes on (no wrench icon). Still running great. returned home. Bike has 2295 miles on it. Oh well it is what it is. Gotta pay to have it hauled I suppose. Needless to say I ain't to happy but I'll live.  :huh:  I am starting to regret the day I traded my Harley, reason being I never had not one problem with it ever.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 08:07:42 PM by bobbyfromnc »

oldbike54

Re: Well I am convinced if you own a Guzzi...
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 01:20:32 PM »
 I would wait for a reply from Pete or Guzzisteve before getting too worked up . Alternatively , go back to HD if that makes you happy  :thumb:

Dusty

Offline JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 01:21:45 PM »
I love Guzzi's, both old and new, but just want to say there is NOTHING worse in this world  than an unreliable motorcycle (any brand...) :rolleyes: :embarrassed: :shocked:
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline unclepete

• Hatchling
I live out in the sticks . Not going to own a bike I can't work on . New bikes have become too ' dealer friendly ' for me . 

Wildguzzi.com

Offline bobbyfromnc

• Gosling
    • Bobby Writes
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 01:47:50 PM »
I love Guzzi's, both old and new, but just want to say there is NOTHING worse in this world  than an unreliable motorcycle (any brand...) :rolleyes: :embarrassed: :shocked:

Thanks... I am just venting to hopefully ears that understand. I like guzzi I really do. But I will say this. I will see whats wrong first. But my patience level is thin. I wont be ugly or cuss people... nothing like that.

canuguzzi

Pretty new bike right? You should have towing included with the purchase and the bike is under warranty.

No need for a trailer. Call the dealer, they can or should be able to make arrangements.

Unless you heard a grenade going off, more likely not a major problem.

Offline Toecutter

• Gaggle Hero
My V7, bought end of last June:

-at 6000-ish km (end of August). Final drive shit the bed. Slinging oil everywhere. Total rebuild, took 6 weeks to get parts from Piaggio and have it rebuilt under warranty.

-the tech doing the rebuild left a spacer out of the rear-end, resulting in a cocked rear hub, back to be fixed... 3 weeks.

- mid April of this season, stopped at a red light, and my computer decided to forget it's mapping. Right pipe blued in seconds, burnt out cat, had to call Guzzi roadside. Back on the road quickly, though. Currently waiting for replacement muffler from Piaggio, they're dragging their ass.

Now sitting at 12,500 km, and have 13 months left on warranty. I plan on getting all the bugs out of it while they're paying for it. :)

Frustrating for sure, but I have to say, I still love the damn bike... but I'm not getting rid of my trusty, old SOHC CB750, just in case.
Old enough to say I've done it, young enough to do it again.

Lcarlson

Well I am convinced if you own a Guzzi and live one hundred miles from your dealer you probably should own a motorcycle trailer to haul it with as well. If you've had my luck with Guzzi so far. I had nothing but trouble with the Norge I owned, it spent close to 5 months off and on in the shop last year. I traded for a 1400 touring in march. Properly broke the bike in. Had 1st service done. took it on first long day trip a couple of weeks ago, 532 miles. Next day cleaned it up. Today I take a ride, bike running great... Red Triangle warning light comes on as well as the all caps SERVICE comes on (no wrench icon). Still running great. returned home. Bike has 2295 miles on it. Oh well it is what it is. Gotta pay to have it hauled I suppose. Needless to say I ain't to happy but I'll live.  :huh:  I am starting to regret the day I traded my Harley, reason being I never had not one problem with it ever.

According to the manual, as long as the oil pressure indicator isn't lit, you should be able to ride it to the dealer. Any number of small problems could cause the fault indicator. And it doesn't even say "urgent service" from what you report. If you're uncertain, call the dealer and ask if it's ok to ride it in.

Offline CTYANKEE

• Hatchling
Yes, towing is included in the warranty if the bike was new.
Call the number  they should've given you that covers breakdowns. No need to do it yourself.

beetle

Service warning alone doesn't mean the bike is about to have a meltdown. You get the same warning for any number of minor issues, as Larry said.

This is why I think every late model Guzzi owner should have GuzziDiag. You can check the error codes and decide then if it warrants a tow.

pete roper

It could be anything from a blown indicator or dodgy oil pressure switch through to a demand sensor issue. The fact it hasn't seized solid would seem to indicate it's something fairly minor. Unfortunately I have no idea what. As Mark says best bet is to download Guzzidiag and check for errors.

Pete

Offline bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
I have had the same come on my Breva many times.  It usually goes away if I shut it down and re start it, but not always.  In my case I have come to the conclusion that it is nothing much, I think it is related to my aftermarket Mistral exhaust, so  I just ride it!
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline pauldaytona

• Gaggle Hero
    • Paul's fast Guzzi Page
in the menu there is a service menu, I suppose you can find errors there so you know what the bike thinks is wrong. The code it asks for is: 34534 to get in.

with that you can call the dealer to ask what they think, or call guzzi roadside direct.
Paul

Daytona 1225, Stelvio 1151

Download Guzzidiag here: http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/

Offline Piston

• New Egg
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2016, 05:44:03 PM »

Thanks... I am just venting to hopefully ears that understand. I like guzzi I really do. But I will say this. I will see whats wrong first. But my patience level is thin. I wont be ugly or cuss people... nothing like that.

Might consider an original v7 Sport

Offline toaster404

• Gosling
Mine fixed itself with a dose of 91 octane 100% gas.

Offline Scud

• Gaggle Hero
In addition to warranty-paid towing, you get free towing with and American Motorcyclist Association membership.

Not that you SHOULD need it, but it's a nice benefit if/when you do.
1989 Moto Guzzi LeMans
2002 Moto Guzzi V11 Sport Scura
2017 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
2017 Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX
2020 Yamaha TW200

Offline bobbyfromnc

• Gosling
    • Bobby Writes
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2016, 08:13:16 PM »
I was never informed by dealer of Guzzi Roadside or even a number to call. That info is NEW news to me.  :angry:

Offline bobbyfromnc

• Gosling
    • Bobby Writes
In addition to warranty-paid towing, you get free towing with and American Motorcyclist Association membership.

Not that you SHOULD need it, but it's a nice benefit if/when you do.

Thanks for info. BK

Offline bobbyfromnc

• Gosling
    • Bobby Writes
Yes, towing is included in the warranty if the bike was new.
Call the number  they should've given you that covers breakdowns. No need to do it yourself.

This is news to me, I was never told of this.  :angry:

Offline bobbyfromnc

• Gosling
    • Bobby Writes
in the menu there is a service menu, I suppose you can find errors there so you know what the bike thinks is wrong. The code it asks for is: 34534 to get in.

with that you can call the dealer to ask what they think, or call guzzi roadside direct.

GUZZI Roadside?????????  Was Never informed by Dealer not even on the PAIN in the @ss Norge I had before this bike.   :shocked:
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 08:25:07 PM by bobbyfromnc »

Offline kingoffleece

• SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2016, 09:00:09 PM »
Strange. My bike has a sticker on it with the number.  I also got a letter and warantee wallet card in the mail several weeks after delivery.
I assumed it was after the dealer sent in the paperwork.
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

canuguzzi

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2016, 10:09:29 PM »
Moto Guzzi sends you a card with the number on it.

Just visit their website, Roadside Assistance is on the first page you see. Clicking on it with a smartphone calls them.

http://www.motoguzzi-us.com/mobile/site.html

The benefit is in their marketing materials too.

Used it several times, efficient, courteous and easy to use.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 10:12:46 PM by Norge Pilot »

Offline bobbyfromnc

• Gosling
    • Bobby Writes
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2016, 11:13:07 PM »
Strange. My bike has a sticker on it with the number.  I also got a letter and warantee wallet card in the mail several weeks after delivery.
I assumed it was after the dealer sent in the paperwork.

I purchased the Cal 1400 in March 2016, I haven't received anything from Moto Guzzi.

The Norge was purchased in March 2015, Never received anything at all from Moto Guzzi.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 11:16:34 PM by bobbyfromnc »

Offline bobbyfromnc

• Gosling
    • Bobby Writes
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2016, 11:17:54 PM »
Moto Guzzi sends you a card with the number on it.

Just visit their website, Roadside Assistance is on the first page you see. Clicking on it with a smartphone calls them.

http://www.motoguzzi-us.com/mobile/site.html

The benefit is in their marketing materials too.

Used it several times, efficient, courteous and easy to use.

Thanks, This is useful info.

Offline JeffOlson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2016, 11:20:34 PM »
^ That is strange. I don't know who is to blame, your dealer or Piaggio.

We promptly received cards in the mail from Piaggio for both of our Moto Guzzis and both of our Vespas.
2018 Vespa GTS 300
2016 Moto Guzzi Norge
2015 Vespa Sprint 150
2015 Vespa GTS 300

Offline johnr

• Gaggle Hero
... but I'm not getting rid of my trusty, old SOHC CB750, just in case.

That bike would be a keeper in any case. I  test rode one when I was in the market in 1970. There was a lot to like about it and it is something of a classic. (Though the BSA R3 won the competition hands down in my case. Wish I still had that too!)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 12:29:16 AM by johnr »
New Zealand
2002 Ev tourer (Stalled again...)

Offline Dean Rose

• Gaggle Hero
    • Twin Valley Riders
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2016, 06:46:30 AM »
Sounds like the dealer didn't send in the paperwork.

Dean
Magnolia '02 EV
Sophia '06 Breva 1100 
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Offline BoatDoc

• New Egg
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2016, 06:57:22 AM »
The info about Roadside Assistance was in a plastic bag that came with my V7 when I bought it in May. The bag had the owners manual, warranty info, spare key, "tool kit" and roadside assistance info. I would certainly check with your dealer if you did not get them.

oldbike54

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2016, 09:02:58 AM »
 Owner's manual ? Tool kit ? Uh oh  :laugh:

Dusty

Offline blackcat

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2016, 09:17:46 AM »
OK, I'd consider another dealer.
1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here