Author Topic: Well I am convinced if you own a Guzzi...  (Read 11703 times)

Offline twhitaker

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Well I am convinced if you own a Guzzi...
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2016, 09:23:49 AM »
Owner's manual ? Tool kit ? Uh oh  :laugh:

Dusty

I'm reminded of a story. A friends mother in law bought a Bug in the early 70s. A couple months later she takes it to the shop saying she was having a problem with the oil light. The tech checks the oil and there is none. He asks her about it and she said, "I need to check the oil? It's under warranty." She was a school teacher.  :rolleyes:
'96 California 1100i 160,000 mi
'97 Centauro yellow 25,000 mi
'02 Champagne V11 LeMans 58,000 mi
MGNOC-11168
Dayton, OH

canuguzzi

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2016, 09:30:31 AM »
Who was the dealer in this concern?

Offline twhitaker

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2016, 09:32:36 AM »
Who was the dealer in this concern?

It was a VW shop in Windsor VT.
'96 California 1100i 160,000 mi
'97 Centauro yellow 25,000 mi
'02 Champagne V11 LeMans 58,000 mi
MGNOC-11168
Dayton, OH

canuguzzi

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2016, 11:09:58 AM »
Or the guy who after spending a good sum of money repairing his new car was told it would have been covered under warranty whereupon he replied...

"Oh great, and how much does that cost?"

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2016, 11:09:58 AM »

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2016, 12:32:11 PM »
Well I am convinced if you own a Guzzi and live one hundred miles from your dealer you probably should own a motorcycle trailer to haul it with as well. If you've had my luck with Guzzi so far. I had nothing but trouble with the Norge I owned, it spent close to 5 months off and on in the shop last year. I traded for a 1400 touring in march. Properly broke the bike in. Had 1st service done. took it on first long day trip a couple of weeks ago, 532 miles. Next day cleaned it up. Today I take a ride, bike running great... Red Triangle warning light comes on as well as the all caps SERVICE comes on (no wrench icon). Still running great. returned home. Bike has 2295 miles on it. Oh well it is what it is. Gotta pay to have it hauled I suppose. Needless to say I ain't to happy but I'll live.  :huh:  I am starting to regret the day I traded my Harley, reason being I never had not one problem with it ever.
Unless someone knowledgeable says otherwise, try this. If your red triangle comes up while riding, reach out and turn off the key at highway speed, and keeping the bike in gear, allow it to mill over for a few seconds, then witout applying any throttle, flick the key back on. If the triangle goes away, it'll be ypur oil pressure sensor, an eady fix and make sure the wire clip is secure, I fixed mine and zip tied the wire to the switch to stop fatigue at the clip. That was 60,000 k ago on my '07 Norge.

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2016, 12:36:47 PM »
I know they can give you the shits, but they're worth it! BTW, don't sell your trailer.....

Offline bobbyfromnc

• Gosling
    • Bobby Writes
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2016, 11:11:57 PM »
I know they can give you the shits, but they're worth it! BTW, don't sell your trailer.....

LOL... Thanks

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2016, 01:12:20 AM »
I used to do service work for Sears Roebuck.  I go to a brand new house and the owner works for Hewlett Packard in computers.  His wife's parents were visiting them and his father-in-law points out the toilet by the front door is running.  The computer guys says, 'I'll have to contact the home builder to fix that under warranty.'   :rolleyes:

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2016, 01:16:27 AM »
I used to do service work for Sears Roebuck.  I go to a brand new house and the owner works for Hewlett Packard in computers.  His wife's parents were visiting them and his father-in-law points out the toilet by the front door is running.  The computer guys says, 'I'll have to contact the home builder to fix that under warranty.'   :rolleyes:
It's a fair point you, make Arizona Wayne but I can't bring myself to laugh too loudly. I couldn't manage to load Skype on my computer without locking the whole damn thing up, but my toilet works well !!!!

beetle

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2016, 05:41:18 AM »

Offline bobbyfromnc

• Gosling
    • Bobby Writes

Offline Scud

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2016, 07:45:16 AM »
That red motorcycle in the cartoon looks like a new Indian Scout. Check out the shape of the exhaust, engine, seat, rear fender, etc. Especially the exhaust...
1989 Moto Guzzi LeMans
2002 Moto Guzzi V11 Sport Scura
2017 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
2017 Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX
2020 Yamaha TW200

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2016, 08:00:17 AM »
I wonder if there's a trailer forum with trailers for sale or rent. I guess I'd better get one. Although I'm about 25 years late.

No phone, no pool, no pets. I ain't got no cigarettes!
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline sturgeon

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2016, 08:12:54 AM »
If you're like me and have no use for, or storage space for a trailer, other than to occasionally haul bikes to/from the dealer, U-Haul has a very nice one that in my area rents for $14.95 a day. Front wheel chock, good tie downs, etc.
Dyslexics Untie!

11 Yamaha WR250R
14 Moto Guzzi V7S
16 BMW R1200R

Offline swordds

• Hatchling
  • (504)234-9011
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2016, 08:25:24 AM »
Thank you for posting your problems so politely and not just posting a rant ("worst motorcycle ever built,etc"). I have been fortunate with mine and had no problems but I feel for those who do especially living a distance from the dealer. Just getting the bike in is only half the problem because you won't know if you will be able to ride it home the same day. I do like to read about problems and especially how they were corrected but being a happy and satisfied owner, rants somehow just aggravate me, so thanks and let us know what happens next. I also recommend a U-Haul trailer.
2016 V7II Stone
2016 Suzuki TU250X (lost in the great flood of ought 16)

In the future I will strive to tolerate everything except intolerance and to hate nothing except hatred.

Offline NC Steve

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2016, 03:42:13 PM »
If you're like me and have no use for, or storage space for a trailer, other than to occasionally haul bikes to/from the dealer, U-Haul has a very nice one that in my area rents for $14.95 a day. Front wheel chock, good tie downs, etc.

Yep, U-Haul has motorcycle trailers that rent for $14.95 per day, or also a floored 4x7 ft. trailer that goes for the same price.
There are no extra charges or fees, and no mileage limitations. You can rent a trailer for 15 bucks a whole bunch of times before it would match the cost of buying or building a new one, and you don't need to store or maintain it!
'16 Triumph T100
Past:
'19 RE Himalayan
'07 Honda ST1300
'00 Jackal,'89 Mille GT,'03 Cali Stone
4 Airheads, '88 K75,'99 BMW R1100R
___________________ ___________
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Mark Twain

Offline bobbyfromnc

• Gosling
    • Bobby Writes
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2016, 03:24:11 PM »
Thank you for posting your problems so politely and not just posting a rant ("worst motorcycle ever built,etc"). I have been fortunate with mine and had no problems but I feel for those who do especially living a distance from the dealer. Just getting the bike in is only half the problem because you won't know if you will be able to ride it home the same day. I do like to read about problems and especially how they were corrected but being a happy and satisfied owner, rants somehow just aggravate me, so thanks and let us know what happens next. I also recommend a U-Haul trailer.

Thank you.

Offline bobbyfromnc

• Gosling
    • Bobby Writes
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2016, 03:36:43 PM »
Okay boys and girls, here is an update...

Friday 27th I made the decision to go ahead and ride the bike the 100 miles to the dealership because after reading some of the responses posted. Some time during the 1st 80 miles I lost head light and front running lights. Noticed this because of not seeing headlight reflection on cars in front of me. At about 80 miles a yellow light dash came on.. (looks the same as the red one that's already on). 90 miles into it another yellow dash light comes on (looks like ABS) meanwhile bike continued to run great. about 95 miles the speedo went crazy and showed 247MPH and stayed there. I am guessing ECU issues.

To the dealerships credit, they gave me a brand new (60 miles on it) Demo 2016 Yamaha FJ-09 with bags to ride till they sort out this problem. 

So that's where I am at the moment. Thanks BK

Offline Nic in Western NYS

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2016, 03:45:20 PM »
No wonder it broke down.  Who told you to ride the thing at 247mph??  sheesh

Sorry for the troubles Bobby - you are in the right place to help get them sorted out!
'04 Ducati ST4sABS
Fondly remembered Geese: LeMans V, Sport 1100, Centauro, Breva 1100

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2016, 03:45:37 PM »
Good Dealer!

Offline Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2016, 03:58:05 PM »
Subject title should read: Well I am convinced if you own a late model Guzzi...  :evil:
Charlie

beetle

« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2016, 04:32:50 PM »
Excellent. A great dealer and the fastest Cali in the world. You've done good. :laugh:

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2016, 04:36:32 PM »
Subject title should read: Well I am convinced if you own a late model Guzzi...  :evil:

:thumb:

Offline blackcat

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2016, 04:51:51 PM »

I don't want to get into an old vs. new discussion, but I have something like 55,000 miles on the Norge without much of any problem. Yeah, the final drive seal went about 30,000 miles ago, but the $15 bucks or whatever it cost me, is not breaking the bank.
1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2016, 06:57:48 PM »
I don't want to get into an old vs. new discussion, but I have something like 55,000 miles on the Norge without much of any problem. Yeah, the final drive seal went about 30,000 miles ago, but the $15 bucks or whatever it cost me, is not breaking the bank.

Yeah, my 07 Norge.. oops.. maybe that's an old one, too.. :grin: was trouble free at 12 K miles, but it was just too top heavy for me. The 02 is just fine, as are the 87 and 82.  :wink:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline blackcat

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2016, 07:57:59 PM »
Yeah, mines is one of the bad 07 Norges.
1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

Offline bobbyfromnc

• Gosling
    • Bobby Writes
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2016, 09:49:10 PM »
Thanks everyone for your replies. I'll update when I can. BK

pete roper

« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2016, 10:43:56 PM »
OK, the dash going mental is a good indicator of voltage drop.

My guess would be that yours may be one of the ones with the dodgy wiring to the alternator or the regulator may of gone tits. I sold a Cali 14 that shat its alt on the first ride the bloke took. It was charging fine when it left the shop but that weekend it died near Cooma.

Pete

Offline bobbyfromnc

• Gosling
    • Bobby Writes
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2016, 12:15:55 PM »
OK, the dash going mental is a good indicator of voltage drop.

My guess would be that yours may be one of the ones with the dodgy wiring to the alternator or the regulator may of gone tits. I sold a Cali 14 that shat its alt on the first ride the bloke took. It was charging fine when it left the shop but that weekend it died near Cooma.

Pete

Thanks Pete, I will pass this info along. BK

Offline bobbyfromnc

• Gosling
    • Bobby Writes
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2016, 03:21:13 AM »
UPDATE... Just heard from dealer...

Good Afternoon Bobby,

Nick has been able to get to the bottom of your trouble on the bike. It turned out to be a short at the rear fender area. It appeared as if something caused a wire to be worn thru and created a short. Nick repaired and checked it out good and all seems fine now.

We contacted MG and they will not cover the cost of repairs. They contend the bike has been overloaded and caused the rub thru.

Good new is the repairs are only about $130.00. We tried to get them to cover it but they say it has never happened before. Leah only charged for the tecs time actually used.

Thank You

I guess $130.00 is a small price to pay instead of sending my blood pressure through the roof. First warranty issue on this bike and was denied. NOBODY other than myself (255#) and no passengers. I guess 255 pounds some rain gear and a extra shirt or two, some wipe down cloths is overloading a califorina  :thewife:

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here