Author Topic: Not a Cafe Racer or a Brat Bike..........It's a FATRACKER! WOOO-----HOOO!!!  (Read 11448 times)

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline Turin

• Gaggle Hero
    • crap and stuff
Blech.
1997 Daytona RS
1991 Rennsport California III
1991 LeMans 1000
1987 LeMans SE Dave's Cycle Racer
1984 LeMans III
1985 Sidlow Guzzi
1974 850-T Sport
1969 A-series Ambassador
1996 Triumph Daytona 1200
1996 Triumph Daytona 900
1982 Alfa Romeo GTV6 Balocco SE 3.0

Offline JoeW

• Gaggle Hero
    • The Guzzi Doctor
Blech.
+++++1

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

Joe Walano

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
 I'm not even a fan of the fat tires

Wildguzzi.com

twowings

Please go away for another five years and come back with something more enlightened...your bike is hideous

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
Please go away for another five years and come back with something more enlightened...your bike is hideous

:thumb:

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
Unadulterated bucket of steaming pus.

beetle

I fart in its general direction!

Offline Guzzi Gal

• MOTO GUZZI~Because your heart is in the bike, and the bike is in your heart. ~Huzo~
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Sonoran Sunriders, YouTube
I fart in its general direction!

Is there anyone else up there we can talk to?
:bow: Thanks for enabling my MG obsession! :bow:
"Anni" '17 Moto Guzzi V7 III Anniversario #220/1000,
"Velvet" '16 Honda CTX 700,
"Brigitte", AKA "Gigi" '13 Vespa GTS 300ie,
"Grey Wind" '12 Vespa GTS 300 Super,  
The twin '16 Honda Metropolitans
"Miri" and Mori"

pete roper

I realise now I've been doing it wrong all my life. It used to be you'd sell someone a bike and then charge them money for bits to make it better.

It seems nowadays the trick is to sell people a bike and charge them a HUGE amount of money to take half of what they've bought and throw it away!

As a business strategy it's brilliant! I only wish I could find customers that gormless!

Pete

Offline LeRoy

• Gaggle Hero
I was all set to give this guy a lot of credit for what he's done. But the video was missing the compulsory scenes of sparks flying from an angle grinder and cigarette smoke forming a gauzy filter through which true creativity is to be seen. How can you take someone producing heinous motorcycles seriously without the cues and signals we've grown accustomed to associating with genius?
LeRoy (Bob Sharp)
Rochester, MI  U.S.A.
'86 LM 1000 (since new in '86)
'79 V1000 G5 (as of '08 and since sold)
'76 V1000 Convert (since Nov. 09)
'83 1000SP (as of Oct. 15)

Offline Green1000S

• Gaggle Hero
Pipes routed right UNDER the gas tank... clever. Really clever.  :popcorn:
No wonder he had to cut half of the tank off...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 04:57:31 AM by Green1000S »
Lauri
2014 Green Stelvio NTX
2016 Stornello #101
1972 Bultaco Matador SD
2016 KTM Duke 390
49cc 1921 Guzzi Board Track Racer;-)
1968 Riverside MW 125
1972 Bultaco Matador M82 Six Days
2 Robin's + 1/2 doz other mopeds

Ciao!

Offline tris

• Gaggle Hero
Pipes routed right UNDER the gas tank... clever. Really clever.  :popcorn:
No wonder he had to cut half of the tank off...

Anyone for nut roast

And if you are going to route them that way - at least get them in line with the frame/tank.
2017 V9 Roamer
2005 Breva 1100 (non ABS) "Bruno" - now sold
1995 Cali 1100 - carby   "Dino" -now sold
1993 TW125 "POS" - Resting

Offline arveno

• Gaggle Hero
    • ddleathers.com
He’s been customizing bikes for 5 years .

Please stop ah ah seriously

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
I thought you guys would enjoy that. Can’t wait to see the bikes from Roper’s chop shop. Maybe “The wallaby racer” or “The roo racer”

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
Well, the way I look at it, "beauty" is in the eye of the beholder.    I can understand why he might want the bike to LOOK like it does.    It's not too far from some bare-bones bikes that I've liked in the past.

But "functionality" and "ride-ability" are NOT so subjective, not so qualitative.   You could actually MEASURE the temperature under the gas tank and near your legs, and you would be able to use a ruler to measure the thickness of the spooge on the entire underside of the bike, and on YOU, if you ever rode it on anything besides clean asphalt, with no fenders like that.

So from the standpoint of "If you can't ride it, what's the point?", I wish he'd started with a marble garden statue or something ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline kidsmoke

• Gaggle Hero
  • It's never too late to be what you might have been
and Guzzi thought enough of it to include it in it's Long Beach IMS presentation.
'79 G5
'93 1000S
'00 Jackal
'09 GRiSO

Offline hauto

• Gosling
It's not just this builder,google Moto Guzzi Cafe.Every build pretty much looks the same,but with the lights hung in a different style.I would say it takes a fair amount of funding to change the basic look of the classic Guzzi.That's  why the Griso is a classic.Everything flows together,except for that Cindy Crawford moal of a seat.

Offline JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
Very cool and interesting...and I applaud this guy for his fine work. 

However, given the choice...I would rather have THIS! :wink: :thumb: :1: :cool: :smiley:

Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
something is amiss.

fat tires on "sporty" bikes and skinny tires on baggers.  Sorry, don't like the concept, don't like the look.  I think motorcycles should be the ultimate expression of form following function. 
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
QUOTEI think motorcycles should be the ultimate expression of form following function. 

Whenever I hear that, along with the V7 Sport, I think of this motorcycle:  1969 Triumph T120 Bonneville!!  :cool: :thumb:

Clean lines, simple, functional...and very pleasing to the eyes...what a motorcycle should be...(IMHO) 

Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline Tusayan

• Gaggle Hero
Very cool and interesting...and I applaud this guy for his fine work. 

However, given the choice...I would rather have THIS! :wink: :thumb: :1: :cool: :smiley:

The first V7 Sport was constructed at the builders home workshop...   :grin: The only difference was that Lino Tonti was a talented engineer and had learned something about tubular structures working in aircraft design (at Aermacchi).  He apparently took the project home to get away from distractions at the Guzzi factory and get it done faster.

This guy is just a 21st century 'designer' (stylist), who despite that limitation seems to take himself very seriously.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 12:29:54 PM by Tusayan »

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero

It seems nowadays the trick is to sell people a bike and charge them a HUGE amount of money to take half of what they've bought and throw it away!

As a business strategy it's brilliant! I only wish I could find customers that gormless!

Pete

It does seem like some of these creations are not the RIGHT way to go, but they're the CHEAP way to go.

A good number of attendees at the Raleigh, NC EuroBike Day every April are the local young people, mostly penniless, who create minimalist bikes out of whatever they've got at hand.   They don't pretend to be creating artwork, just customized old bikes, anything from Honda Super 90s to Yamaha Secas, and they buzz all over the Triangle part of the state on them.  They seem to have a great time building, riding, and socializing with them.

This one caught my eye as having a few things in common with the OP bike under discussion.

If the dude running this has more than $900 in it I'll eat my summer gloves ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline JoeW

• Gaggle Hero
    • The Guzzi Doctor
He�s been customizing bikes for 5 years .

Please stop ah ah seriously
Five whole years? I've got underwear older than that. I wonder why they don't show him riding the bike? Does it run? I think he's one of the builders that Guzzi commissioned to customize the V9. My friend Craig Rodsmith did one, so did Revival Cycles and Moto Studio. There may be one more out there.

I got to ride this one.
Joe Walano

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRlYxTJGsXU

This video reminds me a little of the Ichiban Moto videos of the cafe racer build.
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

Offline Guzzi Gal

• MOTO GUZZI~Because your heart is in the bike, and the bike is in your heart. ~Huzo~
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Sonoran Sunriders, YouTube
 :1: Thanks for posting.  I enjoy the creativity that MG's inspire, regardless of the outcome. 

In the video, he states that he's been doing this professionally for 5 years.  Who knows how long he's been a garage putterer.  BTW, it's not my cup o' tea, but more power to him if he can make a living doing what he enjoys.  Wish we were all so lucky! 
:bow: Thanks for enabling my MG obsession! :bow:
"Anni" '17 Moto Guzzi V7 III Anniversario #220/1000,
"Velvet" '16 Honda CTX 700,
"Brigitte", AKA "Gigi" '13 Vespa GTS 300ie,
"Grey Wind" '12 Vespa GTS 300 Super,  
The twin '16 Honda Metropolitans
"Miri" and Mori"

Offline Curtis Harper

• Gaggle Hero
    • Harpers Moto Guzzi
The strange part of this whole Piaggio based exercise is give 4 or 5 motorcycles to people who have nothing to do with the Moto Guzzi brand. Have them make custom one off pieces so people will want them. Then not produce a single part from any of the people who did the work or offer anything for the dealers to offer to the Moto Guzzi buying customer. I still do not understand why you would create a market that you will never try to fill.
More Moto Guzzi parts than anywhere.
www.harpermoto.com
1-816-697-3411
curtis@harpermotocom

canuck750

Yech

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
I still do not understand why you would create a market that you will never try to fill.

Pretty similar to BMW with the R NineT.
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

twowings

Ragionare coi piedi.  :rolleyes:

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here