Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1093173 times)

sst

Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #1950 on: February 07, 2016, 10:45:55 AM »
Hello I'm new to The Guzzi brand. noticed them a while back and liked them.  so I'm doing some research to see if they're  right for me.  looking to buy before spring.

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #1951 on: February 08, 2016, 03:29:19 AM »
Hello I'm new to The Guzzi brand. noticed them a while back and liked them.  so I'm doing some research to see if they're  right for me.  looking to buy before spring.

Welcome SST. If you decide to bite the bullet you may find them to be very addictive, not perfect but addictive.

I am still on my first one , which I have had for the last 12 years and counting. :thumb:
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Jeff Abgrund

« Reply #1952 on: February 09, 2016, 12:39:10 AM »
Howdy, I'm new to the group here but have been into Guzzi's for a long time now.  I have a ratty old unrestored Ambassador, but when I moved up to Portland, OR I decided to spend the money on buying a newer model before restoring the Ambo.

So now I have a bone stock 2001 EV1100, which I am very excited about, except for the seat...looking forward to exploring Oregon this year as soon as I get that sorted.

Cheers!

-Jeff

Tango2

« Reply #1953 on: February 10, 2016, 04:19:00 PM »
Hi All

58 yrs old, airline pilot, live in Scotland (great for roads, scenery, lack of traffic, not so good for weather).

Been riding since 1973. Always fancied a Guzzi and got my first today (2011 Griso SE).

Looking forward to salt free roads and higher temperatures.

Thanks for having me  in the forum
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 04:17:56 AM by Tango2 »

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #1953 on: February 10, 2016, 04:19:00 PM »

Offline Seventy One

• Hatchling
« Reply #1954 on: February 11, 2016, 09:39:31 PM »
Greetings all.

My name is John. I have an '09 DR650 which I bought new. This was my first bike. It now has 28k miles. In '13 I bought a new Tiger 800XC. This one now has 39k miles. Needless to say I love touring.

I own a farm in south eastern Minnesota not far from Money Creek where a number of Guzzi and BMW rallies have been held.

I'm here due to my interest in Moto Guzzi motorcycles. Hopefully I don't ask too many dumb questions.  :grin:

Stranderd

« Reply #1955 on: February 13, 2016, 04:54:38 AM »
Hi all,

I'm Andrea, 32, Italian from Milan living in London, working in digital marketing. I've been reading the forum for months and it's time to say hallo!

I'm bikeless, but on my way to get a bike. Had one years ago (not a guzzi) for a short while, and now it's time to get back on two wheels.

Guzzi has been a part of the family history: my grandfather was a "carabiniere" and in my living room there's always a photo of him on what I think is an Alce 500 :)

Offline mabie99

• New Egg
« Reply #1956 on: February 15, 2016, 09:30:35 AM »
Hi! I'm Patrick in East Tennessee and SW Virginia, a 65+ year old accountant. just bought a new to me  Convert with a Vetter fairing that I intend to use for scenic rides with my wife. The R1200RT seems top heavy with a rider so I thought this would be fun and less drama. Looking forward to cleaning the old Convert and hitting the road when it warms up.

mo573

« Reply #1957 on: February 17, 2016, 09:06:07 AM »
Howdy from Texas!

I just got my first Moto Guzzi, 2003 California EV, on the road. Previous owner had it sitting for 5 years, but still has low miles, <8K.

I only had to replace most of the fuel system components... Injectors look clean, but bike still feels/sounds like it is not 100%... Suggestions?

I also found out that my uncle used to race MG in Italy back in the 50/60's.

Offline rslezak

• New Egg
« Reply #1958 on: February 18, 2016, 11:54:45 PM »

Robert S.

Bike:            California 1400 Touring

Previous Bikes:

Honda -     SL350
Honda -     CB450
Yamaha -   XS650 (2)
Harley -     Superglide (2)
Harley -     Tour Glide
Kawa -       ZRX 1100

Offline donp71

• New Egg
« Reply #1959 on: February 19, 2016, 06:44:13 PM »
G'day all,

Don here from the Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia.
Have had a MK5 Lemans 1000 and Griso 8V in the past, plus lots of different Japanese bikes.
Got the bug again and just about to pick up a Second Hand Breva 1200 in the coming weeks.
Thanks for the great forum, I'm learning a lot and getting great assistance and encouragement from forum members on my soon to be return to the Guzzi fold.
Cheers
Don
Breva 1200 2V 2008

Offline Bravo Sierra

• New Egg
« Reply #1960 on: February 19, 2016, 11:45:28 PM »
Hi All,
Well my name is Bob Smith
In what seems like a life time or so ago I was an US Air Force weather forecaster/briefer and to identify our selves we used our initials using the phonetic alphabet hence B = Bravo and S = Sierra so I'm Bravo Sierra or BS,  yes many pilots truly enjoyed my initials. 

I'm 60, work as an Electronic Engineer but not for all that much longer as I'm a few days away from retiring. Currently live in Utah but will move to Washington State after retiring and selling my house.

Been riding for many years starting with mini bikes back in the 60s. Between my wife and I we own 10 bikes. The two that bring me to this group are a 2006 Breva 1100 and a 2013 V7 Special and the desire to get another trailer puller that could be a 1100 California.

I have been lurking here for some time and see that there is a wide range of opinions and knowledge. 

BS

Offline jumpmaster

• Gosling
« Reply #1961 on: February 20, 2016, 06:30:09 AM »

Currently live in Utah but will move to Washington State after retiring and selling my house.

Welcome, BS.  Your handle reflects a lot of what is said in this group - but said in a good way, mostly!  Not to get too personal, what's motivating you to move from Utah to Washington State?  I'm an East Coast guy who's retired & often thinking about where to move to get away from the congestion & mental midgets who populate the roads & space in general around here.  Personally, I'd rank Utah over Washington State as a place to live but maybe I'm overlooking bad in Utah & good in Washington?
JC
90 Mille GT (sold), 73 Eldorado, 75 Norton Commando, 46 Whizzer, 13 Harley Road Glide

Offline Bravo Sierra

• New Egg
« Reply #1962 on: February 20, 2016, 11:00:06 AM »
Why do I want to leave UT? Let me count the ways... OK I'll hit the highlights. The Wasatch Front, where Salt Lake City, Ogden and Provo are is no longer a pleasant urban rural mix like it was some 30+ years ago when I PCSed here. It is now a somewhat dense urban area and with the winter inversions the air has become quite nasty. I'm not from here and not part of the LDS church, this is the Mormon land of Zion. I'm tired of putting up with them and they are tired of putting up with me. Lastly I have COPD and I live at 4500 feet MSL, the altitude is killing me and I mean that quite literately. I need to get down closer to sea level I figure I can put off dragging around a oxygen  tank for 10 years or so.

If you want to have a conversation about places in the west I think would be interesting to live we could do that.

BS

Offline jumpmaster

• Gosling
« Reply #1963 on: February 20, 2016, 05:33:22 PM »

If you want to have a conversation about places in the west I think would be interesting to live we could do that.

BS

Maybe we can start a new thread, but right now I'm typing w/one hand 'cuz I sliced a finger badly a couple of hours ago so I'm not up for much conversation right now.  Watch for new thread in a few days, pls.
JC
90 Mille GT (sold), 73 Eldorado, 75 Norton Commando, 46 Whizzer, 13 Harley Road Glide

Offline sidmonsters

• Hatchling
« Reply #1964 on: February 20, 2016, 09:46:35 PM »
New to group and MGs (20+ yrs since I was a regular rider)--
Now glad to be back riding--enjoying it even more with one of my kids or my extremely patient wife in back!!  Bought a V7 Special in August and love it; realizing it has limitations as a two-up I did the only logical thing (right?) and added a 2013 Stelvio to the stable.  A veterinarian/surgeon with much to learn about motorcycle mechanics.  Mostly happy to leave the complex stuff to the experts and maximize time on the road and seeing new places.  In Northeast Ohio and would love to hear from MG enthusiasts in this neck of the woods..
I intend to live forever.  So far, so good....
2013 Stelvio NTX
2019 Royal Enfield Himalayan
2007 Vespa 250ie

PanMan

« Reply #1965 on: February 22, 2016, 05:34:20 PM »
Hello all from the Desert Southwest of Arizona. Recently picked up a beautiful white 2013 V7 Stone and enjoy the uniqueness of the ride. They don't make character like that anymore :-) I have had a couple Yamaha and Honda shaft drives in the past (loved them) and the shaft is one reason for the Guzzi being added to the garage to go along with my Harley and Triumph. Thanks to all for the contributions of their knowledge here on the forum.

Offline kfz

• Gosling
« Reply #1966 on: February 25, 2016, 10:35:42 AM »
old member but not posted in some years due to kids, money yadda yadda

Anyway I'm back.  Milli GT on the road (nearly) and LemansV under restoration....

Kev

SGT-B

« Reply #1967 on: February 25, 2016, 02:28:39 PM »
Hello...I just signed up here because I'm doing research on buying a MG V7 II...probably will go ahead and buy one soon.

I learned how to ride a motorcycle when I was 5 years old...well before I could ride a bicycle...and I rode the motorbike for several years, but then went on to go-karts, 3-wheelers, 4-wheeler ATV's, etc.  Then I rode a mountain bike pretty much every day for seven years while in school because I didn't want to have to buy a parking permit :), so at least I got some 2-wheel practice in there...I know it's not the same though...anyway, I took the motorcycle safety course last summer and have my M license now.  I rode a Suzuki GZ250 for the course (not really my choice) and handled it fine with no problems.

I am in Texas and am a somewhat height-challenged female, so it's been difficult to find a bike that I can ride comfortably.  I sat on a friend's Bonneville SE and it seemed potentially manageable...I prefer the features of the V7 II (ABS, no chain, etc.) though so that's why I'm strongly considering it instead of the Triumph.  Right now I ride a Honda CT70 with 125cc engine.  Works pretty well around town...looking at the MG just for a larger bike for something different and maybe slightly longer trips.  The CT70 is a lot of fun though...

There is no dealer in my area, so I will have to go to Austin or Houston to try one out.  If anyone has any thoughts or recommendations, please PM me...I am pretty sure I would get the low-profile gel seat and am hoping it might lower the seat height an inch or so...I am more concerned about the width causing it to seem higher than it is.

Offline BugSpatteredJacket

• New Egg
    • Say What? Motorcycles, Cigar Box Guitars & Then Some...
« Reply #1968 on: February 25, 2016, 02:48:06 PM »
Hello,

My name is Mario Corbin (aka BugSpatteredJacket), I am 39 and work as a college/university professor. I am presently teaching a course titled Zen & The Art of Motorcycle Studies. I am the proud owner of a Moto Guzzi V7 Racer. This is in fact my second Guzzi, the first being a Nevada back when I was still living in Europe.

Ride Safe! :bike-037:

« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 04:24:37 PM by BugSpatteredJacket »

Offline Scottv8

• New Egg
« Reply #1969 on: February 28, 2016, 03:57:36 PM »
Hello and thank you for letting me in  :grin:

I live on the Isle of Wight, in the UK.
I have had a bike in my life everyday since I was 16. Now almost at 43, I currently own my first ever Guzzi which is a Stelvio, also a KTM 640 and Suzuki Hayabusa, all with their own uses, commuter, mud plugger and just for when i feel like scaring myself......just a little :evil:

I am also wildly into anything V8, having owned many many V8 powered cars over the years, most recently a Jensen Interceptor, a 55' Oldsmobile 88 and my 'everyday' car, a V8 Landrover Discovery.

I use my Stelvio every day as an island run around and commuter (some might say a bit of a sledgehammer to crack a nut), but I absolutely love it, looks great, goes great and there aren't many about, which is nice as i like to be different.
As far as im aware, there are only 2 Stelvio's here on the island.

Offline giusto

• Gaggle Hero
  • Giusto il canne del Como
    • photobucket
« Reply #1970 on: March 03, 2016, 06:26:07 PM »
Howdy from Texas!

I just got my first Moto Guzzi, 2003 California EV, on the road. Previous owner had it sitting for 5 years, but still has low miles, <8K.

I only had to replace most of the fuel system components... Injectors look clean, but bike still feels/sounds like it is not 100%... Suggestions?

I also found out that my uncle used to race MG in Italy back in the 50/60's.

Very Cool...you should see if you can find some pics of your uncle and post them here....That would be very cool
2020 V 85 TT Travel
76 V1000 Convert Mr. Slate
76 V1000 Convert...in restoration process
2008 Norge Mia
2007 Breva
66 Benelli 125
68 Gilera 106
è il viaggio non la destinazione che è importante

RBabcock

« Reply #1971 on: March 04, 2016, 06:09:19 PM »
Howdy all

RBabcock, retired and spending a few months riding in Bozeman Mt, winters in Chandler Az and Kailua, Oahu Hawaii.  It sucks to be me!    :bike-037:

Offline twtex85

• New Egg
« Reply #1972 on: March 07, 2016, 07:32:13 AM »
Hey just wanted to introduce myself as I have been a lurker on this site for a while and finally made the decision to make a post. I live  in the northeast Texas area and also frequent the Guzzi Riders in Texas (GRIT) Facebook page.  Have had a California 1400 touring for about a year now and love the bike.
Looking forward to conversing with some more Guzzi riders. :bike-037:

Offline Dofin

• Gosling
« Reply #1973 on: March 08, 2016, 08:51:20 AM »
Hi forum!  A new memeber, just bought a gently used 2015 V7 Stone.  Been riding for years, vintage Yamaha RD400s, Suzuki GT500 and a Honda PC800.  Been drooling over the V7 for a few years and finally got one.  Never even road one before I bought it!!  It handles just like my Suzzi andRDs but bit more precise and with much more power on tap!! 

So far this is a great place to get maintenance tips!!! and instructions! 

76' Yamaha RD400
76' Suzuki GT500
89' Honda PC800
15' Guzzi V7 Stone

IndianRider

« Reply #1974 on: March 09, 2016, 08:25:10 PM »
Hello, Namaste and greetings from San Ramon (San Francisco Bay Area ) and originally from India

Just picked up a nice red 2004 v11 ballibao earlier today after lusting for a guzzi ever since the coppa Italia was introduced about 10 years ago .. Was lucky to find a mint ballabio with 18k on the clock and MIVV exhausts and well take care of by a genteleman seller

Had a lovely ride back home and looking forward to a great relationship with the machine gun feeling v11

I officially completed the first personal modification by immediately rotating the handlebar position half an inch close to myself :thumb:

Cheers

« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 11:49:00 AM by IndianRider »

Offline giusto

• Gaggle Hero
    • photobucket
« Reply #1975 on: March 10, 2016, 06:18:44 AM »
 Welcome,
Florida I'm sure you'll absolutely enjoy your new Guzzi.
This board is rather amazing and you will find a wealth of knowledge and information as well as hearts and souls of some very good people.

Benvenutti
2020 V 85 TT Travel
2008 Norge Mia
2007 Breva
66 Benelli 125
68 Gilera 106

ledcloud

« Reply #1976 on: March 11, 2016, 02:35:38 PM »
Hallo friends,
i'm Claudio and i wrote from Italy
fine to find some Guzzi friends
wish you thousend miles on our Eagles

:boozing: :boozing: :boozing:

oldbike54

« Reply #1977 on: March 11, 2016, 03:01:29 PM »
Hallo friends,

Cool , another member from the motherland  :thumb:

Dusty

Offline nikef123

• New Egg
« Reply #1978 on: March 11, 2016, 03:33:10 PM »
Hi guys,

new member here from Athens Greece,
my name is Nick or Nikos in my language,
age 51,
married,
three kids,
work in the accounting department of a big rent-a-car company,
love motorcycles, fishing and technology.
My latest bike is a 2010 Nevada 750 Aquila Nera.

I wish you peasant and safe rides!

Offline giusto

• Gaggle Hero
    • photobucket
« Reply #1979 on: March 11, 2016, 11:29:41 PM »
Hallo friends,

Benvenuti Claudio

Comè stai?

Dove cita habito?

My italian needs work :)
2020 V 85 TT Travel
2008 Norge Mia
2007 Breva
66 Benelli 125
68 Gilera 106

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here