Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
You might want a Kawi forum for your answers--------------just an idea, look in the service manual or parts manual.
General Discussion / Re: Creamy oil in airbox
« Last post by Dirk_S on Today at 07:01:59 AM »
If you had oil in the airbox and cleaned it out, there’s some of it. The sump will almost certainly have a collection of the oil caked all over it, including inside the screened well/reservoir. Plus—you probably have some hanging around in the filter itself. Did you drain the bike after an extended ride to get the oil more fluid? If not, there’s probably some extra adhering all around the engine.
« Last post by faffi on Today at 06:44:57 AM »
I do not recommend this, but I am telling what I would have done if it was my bike.

- Check that the crankcase ventilation is absolutely clean and free, without any kind of residue
- Remove oil filter, replace lid only
- Fill 4 liters of clean diesel into the engine, and let it sit over night
- Drain diesel
- Fit oil filter
- Fill 1 liter of cheap engine oil and one liter of ATF
- Run engine stationary at 1500-2500 rpm for 10 minutes
- Drain the oil from crankcase and oil filter and replace filter if it does not appear clean
- Fit oil filter
- Fill with the correct engine oil
- Go for an extended ride
- Check every 10 miles for signs of foaming
« Last post by Kev m on Today at 06:26:06 AM »
Yup if it's in the pan it's not the breathers and it's not that you're close to temp, it's that you're way off (rides are way too short for temps and ancient moisture).
Hi everybody,

I think my problem with my Ninja is a big air hose leak.... problem is I can't find it..... the actual manual is HORRIBLE because it doesn't show shows which lines are supposed to connect to what. ...as if that nipple were a vent or did it go somewhere else?

I haven't found any clear view on the California model and I'm going "How was it wired before... but it doesn't work at all....everything is the same... . I THINK (obviously no or it will work) so I need to track each
The vacuum lines on the bike are just to make sure each vacuum line is in the correct position...

Does anyone have any ideas?
General Discussion / changing eldo fork oil
« Last post by ray bear on Today at 04:07:08 AM »
have often wondered how to make changing fork oil on my 73 Eldorado with police dash easier  I  always drain the oil and refill with a measured amount through the drain plug with a syringe and have thought about installing a brake bleeder nipple to the drain hole to make it less messy but has anyone drilled the 6mm holes in the top nut all the way through and just removed the 6mm allen bolt that secures the dash to refill  with a syringe . Thanks Ray
General Discussion / Re: V85 valve adjustment gone wrong…
« Last post by Huzo on Today at 02:58:10 AM »
Ok.
The bike has run fine for an extended period, so there is no ongoing concern. The endoscope idea would have been great had you attempted to check for fragments pre ride, but looks like you have dodged disaster.
You’re not the first and certainly won’t be the last.
« Last post by Error on Today at 12:10:41 AM »

Well this is a bit annoying.

No mayo under the valve covers. But tonight I decided to drain the oil. I wanted to see first how much was actually still in the pan, and second if there was a bunch of frothy mess in there.

First I drained the front plug, about 1 liter came out, so already off to a not great start. Pulled the rear plug and the mayo poured out. Some in globs.

All in all only about 1.3 liters of fluid was drained. Which means about 300ml disappeared in 1000kms. I’m less than thrilled. Bike really doesn't seem to be burning oil out the pipes, but it’s going somewhere. I’d admit the bike was cold when I drained the oil, but I don’t think that will make up the missing fluid.

So now I’ll be getting a new oil pan gasket, dropping the pan, cleaning it all out and starting again to see if it comes back. While my rides aren’t super long, (usually 30-45 min) I’m still surprised I’m running into this.
General Discussion / Re: Front brake cable holder
« Last post by Air-Cooled on April 24, 2024, 10:57:44 PM »
Thanks for the info Antietam!  I owned a police Eldo for a few years and it had the all-rubber ones. I guess I'll just keep checking eBay and maybe try out the BMW ones.
General Discussion / Re: Pressure washer recomendations,gas or electric?
« Last post by Gliderjohn on April 24, 2024, 10:30:28 PM »
I have been using a pressure washer on my T-3 for over 30 years now with no bad results. Just keep the wand away from the sensitive parts. Otherwise I have a washer with a Honda motor. It can sit for a year with the old gas in the tank and will start on the second pull.
GliderJohn
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here