Author Topic: Dealer with a white Hat  (Read 930 times)

Offline Micksan

• New Egg
Dealer with a white Hat
« on: November 15, 2019, 07:56:02 PM »
   I know many of you have been around to know that motorcycle dealers come with either a white or black hats. ( comes from the old cowboy movies) . In Oklahoma city we had a dealer open this year. Don has been running a repair shop for more than a few years. 
   A few months I purchased a 2020 V85TT . At the time there was a promotion going on that stated , that if you purchased a V85TT you would get a $250 gift certificate which would be good for Guzzi stuff. Anyhow after not receiving it . Don call the company, and they said it was only good for those who purchased via a preorder. I had gotten some scratches on my tank side panel , and the 250 would just cover it. Don said that he gave his word so he would cover it. Most dealers would not do that.
   The dealership reminds me of something out of Italy or the USA in the 60s. Looks totally disorganized ,  and all sorts of bikes , and brands. Even saw a couple of old Nortons.  I don't know if this Kosher or not but it is Don Moomaw , Motiv Cycle works. 906 N. Ann Arbor Ave OKC.   BTW I have no interest in the dealership except as a  customer.

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Dealer with a white Hat
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 08:01:17 PM »
Welcome to the Board, Mick.

Don has a good reputation on the board.  In fact, he's repairing the Board Owner's (Luap) Guzzi right now.  He's done a lot of work on my bikes.  He's helped me out for many years.

Hope you can get involved with the Rallies and going-ons with the Guzzi crown in and around OKC.

BTW- I'm in Edmond. 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 08:01:57 PM by LowRyter »
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline Micksan

• New Egg
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2019, 08:19:26 PM »
Some years ago I got pissed at our BMW dealer, and switched over to the Guzzi brand. I had a few EVs , as did my wife with her sidecar attached, Then a few Quotas. When they came out with Breva my wife loved her 750, but my artificial leg would not work on their foot pegs set back so far. Tried out this V85TT, and made a minor adjustment for my leg. love the bike.
  BTW I also own a Indian Springfield

Offline Shorty

• Gaggle Hero
  • "I'd rather lube a chain than crab a frame."
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2019, 08:42:07 PM »
Welcome, Mick!
2017 Suzuki DR650
2021 Royal Enfield Meteor 350

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2019, 08:42:07 PM »

oldbike54

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2019, 08:44:19 PM »
 Damn , another Okie  :shocked:

Dusty

Offline Zoom Zoom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2019, 10:51:47 AM »
It's real decent of your dealer to do that. It was known at the time the offer was related to pre-orders. I recall it being discussed on this board.

Anyway, :thumb:

John Henry

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here