General Category > General Discussion

Great Little Cedar Vale Story

(1/3) > >>

Dave Swanson:
On the way out of Cedar Vale to head back home I stopped at the CV gas station to top off the tank ~3 gallons.   The pump had an issue with my card and flashed the message "see attendant".  Of course the CV gas station is unattended most of the time, maybe all of the time.  There was a local gassing up his truck on the opposite side of the pump.  He must have overheard me and passed his nozzle over to me asking "is 87 OK?"  I thanked him, but told him the bike needed 91 and that would get it a bit farther down the road.  The next thing I knew he passed the nozzle to me again stating that it is 91 octane now.  I offered to pay him the 10 bucks or so it would cost, but he refused, stating that "I used to ride also".   

Needless to say I left Cedar Vale with even more good vibes than I already had. 

oldbike54:
 This may have happened to another attendee also  :thumb:

These types of encounters are exactly why we continue having the event in Cedar Vale .

Dusty

JJ:

--- Quote from: oldbike54 on May 17, 2021, 08:58:48 AM --- This may have happened to another attendee also  :thumb:

These types of encounters are exactly why we continue having the event in Cedar Vale .

Dusty

--- End quote ---

In this world of bad news, it's really nice to hear stories like this about kind people "playing it forward"... :thumb: :boozing: :smiley:

Does anyone have any photos of the recent Cedar Vale Rally? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

oldbike54:

--- Quote from: JJ on May 17, 2021, 09:08:51 AM ---In this world of bad news, it's really nice to hear stories like this about kind people "playing it forward"... :thumb: :boozing: :smiley:

Does anyone have any photos of the recent Cedar Vale Rally? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

--- End quote ---

Yes , in the WG National thread  :laugh:

Dusty

Gliderjohn:
Yes, Cedar Vale is special, but welcome to most of rural KS or the midwest for that matter. They look after each other and the outsiders out there.  :thumb:
GliderJohn

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version