Author Topic: Beautiful vintage Triumph...  (Read 990 times)

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
Beautiful vintage Triumph...
« on: May 04, 2021, 12:27:32 PM »
Nice example...and this one has a big FAT *** RESERVE *** 

:wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :thumb: :boozing: :cool:

Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline bigbikerrick

• Gaggle Hero
  • 73 Eldo, 98 V 11 ,12 Ural Gear Up, 76 Convert,
  • Location: Southeastern corner of Arizona, right next to "Old Mexico, and New Mexico"
Re: Beautiful vintage Triumph...
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 03:24:54 PM »
What a beauty, JJ! Thats what a motorcycle should look like ! I have always been a sucker for those beautiful lines, and that color ,just nails the look!
Rick.
"You meet the most interesting people on a Guzzi"

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 03:44:36 PM »
What a beauty, JJ! Thats what a motorcycle should look like ! I have always been a sucker for those beautiful lines, and that color ,just nails the look!
Rick.

I want another one...badly...but I am retired now...on Social Security and Medicare...and have a limited disposable income these days...Oh well! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :shocked: :shocked: :huh: :huh:
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 08:55:20 PM »
Had I known at the time, that I would wind up retiring in Vortex-Land (Sedona), I would have NEVER sold my lovely, restored,  1970 T100C Trophy 500.... (*** SIGH ***).  It was a fun bike! :thumb: :boozing: :cool: :smiley: :smiley:

'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 08:55:20 PM »

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2021, 07:35:46 AM »
Less than 6 hours to go...no surprise on this price...

'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2021, 09:34:17 AM »
Let's talk about yet ANOTHER beautiful, vintage Triumph!!! :thumb: :bow: :boozing: :cool: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

oldbike54

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2021, 09:56:18 AM »
Let's talk about yet ANOTHER beautiful, vintage Triumph!!! :thumb: :bow: :boozing: :cool: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

That's the one that does it for me .

Dusty

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2021, 01:57:03 PM »
QUOTEThat's the one that does it for me . Dusty

Agree 100%. 

The 650 Triumph's from 1967-1970, including the Bonnie's and the TR6 Trophy's / Tigers are simply spectacular! :thumb: :bow: :boozing: :cool: :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Online Moparnut72

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2021, 08:55:48 PM »
My buddy had a 68 he bought brand new. He let me ride it a couple of t. That was enough,  I didn't care for it at all. Can you say vibration? My 250 2 stroke Yamaha was smoother but I had moved on to a /2 BMW, there was no comparison. The Beemer wasn't near as fast but in rural Connecticut it was all one needed.
kk
Mopar or Nocar
2023 V100 Marina
2019 V7lll Special
MGNOC #24053
Amiga computer shop owner: "Americans are great consumers but terrible shoppers".

Offline larrys

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2021, 08:19:03 AM »
QUOTEThat's the one that does it for me . Dusty

Agree 100%. 

The 650 Triumph's from 1967-1970, including the Bonnie's and the TR6 Trophy's / Tigers are simply spectacular! :thumb: :bow: :boozing: :cool: :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I used to love them. I can't remember how many dead ones I bought from the middle 70's into the late 80's. All had less then 10K miles on them, and something had broken and it wouldn't run. They were just old junk then, and could be had for a couple hundred $$. Most I fixed and sold, others were parted out. Never ever thought that they would become this pricey. Of course, today they have to be 'correct'. Customs and bitsas aren't that valuable.
Larry
'13 Monster 1100 EVO
'95 Cal 1100
'68 Bonneville

MGNOC 7248

oldbike54

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2021, 08:41:02 AM »
I used to love them. I can't remember how many dead ones I bought from the middle 70's into the late 80's. All had less then 10K miles on them, and something had broken and it wouldn't run. They were just old junk then, and could be had for a couple hundred $$. Most I fixed and sold, others were parted out. Never ever thought that they would become this pricey. Of course, today they have to be 'correct'. Customs and bitsas aren't that valuable.
Larry

Oh I know their shortcomings , an improperly maintained example will fail at the worst moments , but a well maintained Meriden Triumph can be a joy, albeit not a great touring bike . WE did manage to do some long trips on both 650 R models and later 750 variants , living in rural areas , going to taller gearing helped reduce vibration at highway speeds W/O sacrificing clutch life , not needing to deal with stop-go traffic . A good Triumph 650/750 made so much low RPM torque they could pull at low engine speeds just fine .

Dusty

Rough Edge racing

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2021, 09:45:42 AM »
 with the lower octane gas today running a stock 9-1 compression Triumph at low rpm under a load can cause detonation and or pre ignition..Pre ignition makes a neat hole in the center of the piston. This topic is often discussed on Brit Bike with photos of seized or holed pistons...Best to always be over 3500 rm when going wide open in the higher gears.
 I don't ride my Triumphs that much these days but not afraid to rev them and use all the performance...They are a sport machine from the past and deserve a good flogging down a back road..My 79 T140D has revised cam timing, tight piston quench and 32mm flatslides to make it run on 90 octane fuel with 9.2 compression and will give a Norton Commando a run for the money .
 My advise is never pay the steep price for a supposed totally rebuilt vintage Triumph without documented proof of the work and who did it...I have seen the so called rebuilds that were shit jobs that caused more trouble than a never rebuilt worn engine

Offline Swedemoto

• Hatchling
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2021, 09:50:01 AM »
If BSA is more to your liking, there is a nice example listed in Albany.
https://albany.craigslist.org/mcy/d/albany-1969-bsa-a65l-lightning/7319333712.html

instagram bookmarklet

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2021, 09:54:58 AM »
If BSA is more to your liking, there is a nice example listed in Albany.
https://albany.craigslist.org/mcy/d/albany-1969-bsa-a65l-lightning/7319333712.html

instagram bookmarklet

Nice Beezer...Fair price!!  I prefer the 1967 model Lightning, but this would work fine! :thumb: :boozing: :cool: :smiley:

Again, if you buy 'em already restored and sorted, that is the way to go, IMHO.   :thumb: :bow:

'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline Testarossa

• Gaggle Hero
    • Skiing History
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2021, 11:11:33 AM »
I'll never sell my '70 Tiger. My daughter will when I'm senile.

May not be long.
70 Triumph TR6R, 74 850T, 74 Yamaha TA125, 89 Mille GT, 99 F650, 2013 Yamaha XT250
Gone: 59 Piper Comanche 250, 69 Harley/Aermacchi 350SS, 71 Honda CB500/4, 74 Laverda 750 SF2, 91 Suzuki VX800, 50cc two-stroke scoot, 83 XR350R

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here