Author Topic: Soon to purchase a 2003 EVT, school is now in session, hydro questions etc...  (Read 5893 times)

Offline Mr Revhead

• Gosling
Oh yeah the windscreen... Forgot about that as I've used mine twice. I think it will depend on your height. Previous owner cut it down to suit him. But it was unbearable for me, so i trimmed it some more. Then took it off completely. Utter useless for me.
I'm 5,11 as an indication

pete roper

My first Guzzi was an '04 EVT. Valve recall work had been done and as Pete noted before, you'll see flat, snapped off adjuster screws just above the nut if the work was done. If you still have the slotted adjuster screw it was not.

You WILL need to replace the fuel hoses inside the tank as E10 eats them alive.

The triple clamp is checked by part number - mine was high enough to not be affected.

The single plate clutch is trash - I lost mine at under 3K miles. I'll try to find my pictures but if I recall, the single plate will look solid then looking through the hole vs. the dual-plate having gaps or openings. Here's a single plate parts picture:

Replacing the single with a dual plate set up wasn't that expensive but it is time consuming. Took me close to 20 hours first time but if you're familiar with crabbing the frame, could be done in a weekend.

Once everything was sorted the bike was wonderful. If I had the space and funds I would have kept it. Cutting down the OEM windshield stopped the buffeting.

Other way round.

Offline egschade

• Gaggle Hero
  • Eric - MGNOC NJ Rep - mgnocnj.forumotion.com
Other way round.

As in the single has the gaps and the dual-disc is solid? Was a few years ago when I did the update and w/o pictures I couldn't remember
The elder Eric in NJ

2020 V85TT Adventure
1985 LeMans 1000
2005 BMW F650GS

Past Guzzis:
V65 SP
V7 III
V50
Griso 1200SE Tenni
Breva 1100
EV Touring

Offline Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
As in the single has the gaps and the dual-disc is solid? Was a few years ago when I did the update and w/o pictures I couldn't remember

Yes, the dual plate flywheel is solid. The single plate has gaps. And the gold/copper/brass color metalic plate material goes everywhere.
Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

Wildguzzi.com

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here