Author Topic: ECU disconnect error - possible fix  (Read 589 times)

Offline exiledrebel

• New Egg
ECU disconnect error - possible fix
« on: September 20, 2019, 05:33:39 PM »
Yesterday my 06 Breva 1100 displayed the ECU disconnect error. This was after I updated my Beetle map with a speedometer correction factor. I have uploaded updated maps several times in recent weeks without incident, but last night I encountered the error. I also connected Guzzi Diag and saw some completely implausible values, such as an engine temp of 4618 deg C, as shown below. I assure you I was not riding on the sun at that time.

2009 infiniti fx50 0 60

I noticed the voltage reading on the dash was unusually low at 10.8v. That was odd because the battery is only about a year old, I rode the bike about an hour yesterday and I keep it on a tender. After doing some research here, I decided to check Fuse E. I pulled it out and saw that it was fine, so I reinserted it. I heard some clicking underneath the tank (so it sounded anyway), so I turned the key to the ON position. The ECU disconnect error was gone and all looked normal again. I reconnected the tender as well, although I know my next step is to investigate grounds and the charging system. Deoxit has been ordered and will be liberally applied.

So the takeaway here for the TLDR crowd is to check Fuse E if you encounter the ECU disconnect error. Hope that helps someone in future.
Greg
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 05:35:06 PM by exiledrebel »

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
Re: ECU disconnect error - possible fix
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 09:13:29 AM »
I would check the ECU ground wire, especially the crimp on ring terminals.  This has been the issue for the disconnect most of the time for CARC ECU's.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here