Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Barn Fresh and in the best Color !
« Last post by Perazzimx14 on Today at 06:01:53 AM »
Good price...but with the obligatory, Butt-UGLY "DIAPER SEAT!!" :laugh: :grin: :wink: :rolleyes: :shocked: :huh:

"BARN FRESH" usually means..."Needs total nut and bolt restoration"

...but this one is in nice condition!! :thumb: :cool: :boozing:

I paid $800 for one in similar condition. When It was all said and done I had another $1,500 to $2,000 in parts and lots of hours of labor to get it back to roadworthy. Inn the end had a $2,750 bike that took years to sell. Everybody claims to love these old Tonti's but not too many would actually buy one.

General Discussion / Re: NGC Another ride on the new RE 650 today
« Last post by CPLFoggy on Today at 05:56:09 AM »
CPL Foggy. Thank you for taking the time to write all that up! Very interesting!
I have some risers here now to put the clip-ons above the triple tree. That should relax my riding position a bit. I'll mount my rubber fork gaiters when I do that job.
Hoping now for one more ride Monday or Tuesday. Wednesday I get the knee done. Probably no more riding for me for like 5-6 weeks!

No problem .... and good luck with the knee replacement and a fast recovery!

I have decided to go ahead and sell my GT .... my V7III fulfills all my needs and I may even consider trading that on the V7850 .... after the sale of the GT, and dependent on the test ride on the V7850 ... it will have to be quite impressive to move me off my V7III!

Link to my GT ad: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114797742949?hash=item1aba7a8b65:g:h4UAAOSw1N5gcY91

Cheers all!
General Discussion / Re: What's your favorite cover song?
« Last post by pete mcgee on Today at 05:36:28 AM »
Sound of silence by Disturbed.
General Discussion / Re: Transmission question
« Last post by Rough Edge racing on Today at 05:07:46 AM »
 It's my opinion tranny noise is the cut of the gears and general design.Straight cut gears in bikes are far to noisy for auto use so primary ratio may not be a factor . Shifting differences are the cut of the gear engagement dogs and internal shift parts.
 I thought the upshifting on my modified Cali 2 was ok, downshifting a little clunky
General Discussion / Re: 2000 Jackal Leaks Fuel
« Last post by pat80flh on Today at 04:58:04 AM »
Big shiny thing on left side below battery is probably the fuel pump.  If there are leaks it won't build enough pressure to run. I think it would be a bad idea to tow with rear wheel on ground, unless driveshaft was disconnected/
« Last post by Rough Edge racing on Today at 04:37:00 AM »
In general, covers of older blues ,rock and country by the Stones, Clapton and other Brits of that era. Or the great bluesmen like Muddy Waters...One of many favorites is I'm a King Bee
« Last post by Huzo on Today at 03:58:25 AM »
I like Keith Urban’s re hash of the old Slim Dusty’s “Lights on the Hill”.
Kenny and Dolly’s old Bee Gee’s “Islands in the Stream”
« Last post by Tomas0365 on Today at 03:43:57 AM »
There have been many great covers over the journey including Blue Suede shoes by Elvis, Sorrow by Bowie, One by Cash, Nothing Compares to You by Sinead O'Connor.  I love a good cover.  Doesn't mean I don't like the original.  In Oz we have a radio station called JJJ and for the last 35 years, every Friday, they invite the latest young cool bands to come in and do a cover version.  There have been some absolute spankers done and they release an album of the songs each year.  For example a young band called DMA's did Cher's 'I believe" and it blew everyone away.  Recently someone did a version of a Taylor Swift song (whom I would never listen to) and it was a cracker. 
General Discussion / Re: Open thine wallet....
« Last post by LesP on Today at 12:58:47 AM »
I would have the the 750 GT being usable but these Starbucks bikes sure are getting spendy.

http://honeyiboughttheporsche.com/1973-ducati-750-sport-135750/?fbclid=IwAR3XwMbmJ4yqcKqqkpxOz38XcSDYlmMOInhnUdWqWslVDURLiiRsOxdVkkE
Hi Ben, I put one of Don's sleeve kits in the master cylinder along with new SS pistons and seals in the caliper (The rotor got Blanchard ground) so will see how it goes.
I have the Brembo that I made a bracket for (full seal kit and new Brembo pads added) to try later on.

The Mk2a is all mechanical and to look as stock as possible besides the FullAuto cylinder head and 2.5" Excels (with radials)
The paint on the frame is original.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here