Author Topic: New to moto guzzis, possibly buying one  (Read 7477 times)

Offline BugSpatteredJacket

• New Egg
    • Say What? Motorcycles, Cigar Box Guitars & Then Some...
Re: New to moto guzzis, possibly buying one
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2016, 03:17:32 PM »
I ended up buying the American one from the dealer.

From what I can tell importing it isn't too bad (you just need the EPA sticker and/or a note saying it passes both EPA and NHSTA standards in the US). The biggest problem was that the bike was already in the country. He had brought it in and rode it around before his visa expired and he had to go back. He left the bike here and that was the main issue -- in order for me to be able to buy it, he would have to take it out of the country and bring it back in.

He was charging USD. Aside from the high-ish number of miles, it was a good deal given all the extra stuff he had put on (wrapped mistrals, clubmans, bar end mirrors, etc).

Ah, that's a balls for sure. Poor time management on his part. I tried to import my H-D Nightster a few years back when I returned to Canada but customs would have nothing of it. The only way I would have been allowed to bring it in is on a temp visa of some sort and I had to provide evidence that both I and the bike would be returning to Europe. But as the latter wasn't the case, well, I had to sell the Harley in Ireland. It's taken pretty much six years to save up enough money again to buy a new bike (V7 Racer!). Anyways, this has nothing to do with your situation other than to say it was silly of him to leave the Canadian Guzzi in the USA as he shot himself in the foot so to speak.

Well, congrats on buying a new V7 - you get the full warranty too. I am not sure if Moto Guzzi does this but when I looked into importing a new Triumph from Florida a few years back it would have voided my warranty! So in the end, you were probably better off in every way just picking up your bike state side.

Post pictures when you have a chance!

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here