Author Topic: New, flat tappet, 8 valve Guzzi's. What are my options?  (Read 7763 times)

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
Re: New, flat tappet, 8 valve Guzzi's. What are my options?
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2016, 06:49:40 PM »
For what it's worth, I have a '09 Stelvio and brought it to Seacoast Sport in NewHampshire and had it "rollerized". It had 9000 miles on it and no service records. They had the parts in three weeks, did the work on the day they promised and negotiated with Piaggio and had the cost of the parts covered, all on the same day as the work was done (thanks guys).  Cost to me was $900 and now I have a bike that I love to ride that I can sell with a clean conscience, if I choose to. That's not the plan. My point; It's not that huge a deal and the bike, whichever model you want, is really worth the hassle.

I've had nothing but great experiences from Seacoast, they are a top notch bunch. Well worth the trip for me, about 2 hours. I wouldn't hesitate buying a flattie if you can get cost of conversion kit knocked off. You know they want to move them out the door.

beetle

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2016, 07:02:48 PM »
We might be having to relocate to Queanbeyan soon as well. Hoping not but we might have no choice.

Egads! That's too far from your office!

bpreynolds

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2016, 09:05:29 PM »
Excellent thread as just last week the owner I sold my then new 2011 flat tappet Stelvio to was willing to sell it back to me at super low cost.  I almost bit but have too many bikes now.  Word on the street is there is a mighty fine Griso still under warranty in the classifieds that could rollerize right into your garage for fairly cheap.  :)

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here