Author Topic: the things you find part two  (Read 1783 times)

Offline beardog

• Gosling
the things you find part two
« on: February 13, 2019, 01:52:16 PM »
 I recently purchased a 1973 Eldo that needed some help.  I have a great friend and wonderful human that helped me out very much. I think ever brand should have some one that is so good for the brand. I have had many bikes over my lifetime but there has never been anyone from any markee that is such a great resorce and insperation as Chuck Stottlemyer.  When i fist met Chuck i had sold my Rune and was looking for something different so I bought a Centauro he did know moe from Adam and he asked me to bring it to him aand he put me up for the night then in the morning showed me how to do some things on the bike. I had no idea how to adjust the valves or anything I could change the oil on  Jap bikes but did  not know the sump had to come off. But he showed me what I needed to do. He also told me about rally's I was mostly a loner when it came to riding and camping, he said I should try one and Ill would be a good one to try. The rest is history. I have met his wonderful wife and son and his wife. What an amazing group of folks.  Thanks again Chuck  :thumb:
ride whenever you can
2003 stone� 
2008 1200 sport
2012 Yamaha super tenere
2019 Honda Goldwing Tour
2020 v85 tt
2005 Yamaha fjr
2017 Motus mst
2008 ktm super duke

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
Re: the things you find part two
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 02:21:21 PM »
<blush> Thanks, Derek.. I hope the old Eldo treats you well.  :smiley:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 03:52:59 PM »
Yep,  there is some really smart and giving folks that hang around here , and it's pretty evident Chuck's on the top of the lists. Thank's Chuck for all the kindness,wisdom and experience you so eagerly share with all here. I hope I am fortunate enough to shake your hand someday.  :thumb:

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 04:09:42 PM »
Yep,  there is some really smart and giving folks that hang around here , and it's pretty evident Chuck's on the top of the lists. Thank's Chuck for all the kindness,wisdom and experience you so eagerly share with all here. I hope I am fortunate enough to shake your hand someday.  :thumb:

Well said. :thumb:
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 04:09:42 PM »

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 04:25:06 PM »
Well said. :thumb:

The Chuckster - "Man...Myth...Guzzi legend...all around nice guy!" (lol) - Photo from the 2017 Lake Henshaw N.A.R. :thumb: :cool: :smiley: :wink:

porsche cayenne diesel 0 60

Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

twowings

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 06:03:56 PM »
^^+1,000

If you are lucky, you might get to follow him on this beauty around some twisties...the sound is unearthly!  :thumb:
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 06:04:16 PM by twowings »

Offline Zoom Zoom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 07:26:04 AM »
I recently purchased a 1973 Eldo that needed some help.  I have a great friend and wonderful human that helped me out very much. I think ever brand should have some one that is so good for the brand. I have had many bikes over my lifetime but there has never been anyone from any markee that is such a great resorce and insperation as Chuck Stottlemyer.  When i fist met Chuck i had sold my Rune and was looking for something different so I bought a Centauro he did know moe from Adam and he asked me to bring it to him aand he put me up for the night then in the morning showed me how to do some things on the bike. I had no idea how to adjust the valves or anything I could change the oil on  Jap bikes but did  not know the sump had to come off. But he showed me what I needed to do. He also told me about rally's I was mostly a loner when it came to riding and camping, he said I should try one and Ill would be a good one to try. The rest is history. I have met his wonderful wife and son and his wife. What an amazing group of folks.  Thanks again Chuck  :thumb:

Couldn't have said better! :thumb:

John Henry

oldbike54

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 07:36:49 AM »
 Attaboy Chuckie , attaboy  :bow:

Dusty

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2019, 08:09:15 AM »
Hey! I already wear an XXL helmet. If my head gets any bigger, I won't be able to find one..  :smiley:

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline guzzimatic

• Gosling
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2019, 10:59:16 AM »
If you are really lucky you might get to ride the Areo Lario like I did! At 6ft3in I looked like a bear riding a tricycle but what a great motor! I wanted to swap bikes and let him ride my 850 Commando but we haven't made that happen yet...
big Jim Walker bikes:'08 Norge,02'DR650,'84LeMans III,,'78 honda cb750k,'78 BMW R100S,'77 Ducati 860GT ES,'77honda XR75, '76 GUZZI convert,'75 850T cafe[project],'75 RD350 yamaha,'74 NORTON commando,'72 750 Norton flattrack replica,'72 250 Rickman-Montesa,'72 XL250 Honda Mosport[first bike

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2019, 11:43:50 AM »
If you are really lucky you might get to ride the Areo Lario like I did! At 6ft3in I looked like a bear riding a tricycle but what a great motor! I wanted to swap bikes and let him ride my 850 Commando but we haven't made that happen yet...

:grin: It *is* a great motor. Whey they never dropped it into the small block in the mid 90s is another of those things that aren't meant to be understood. Probably afraid of success.

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
Albert Einstein

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here