Author Topic: Heart bypass surgery update. It went well!!!  (Read 7466 times)

Offline moltoguzzi

• Gaggle Mentor
Heart bypass surgery update. It went well!!!
« on: January 14, 2015, 11:19:08 PM »
I'm going in February 2 for bypass surgery, the one where they cut the breast bone in half like they do in the butcher shops and then pull the hearth out of its cozy spot, that one. Since most here are over 50 I'm assuming a few had it done and I would appreciate anything you could tell me about your experience. We all know what doctors tell the patients but I want the patient input.
Thanks.
Ciao

February secons I left the house around 1am to beat all the bad weather. Got to the hospital at 2:30am, slept in the lobby and reported at 5:30am. Good thing I did that or I may have missed the surgery. It went well and I'm getting better with each passing day. I came home the evening of the ninth hospital day. Been home since last Tuesday.
A sincere thank you for all your advice, it was right on the button!
Ciao.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 08:34:51 PM by moltoguzzi »

WFORIDER

Re: Heart bypass surgery, anyone here have it done?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 12:40:21 AM »
Yup full Monty...5 way bypass....multipy levels...more then enough freakie things..

Just get you head on straight going in, recovery weird but not that painful at least not for me,

I was in  surgery for 7 1/2 hours...was on the Heart machine for 3 1/2 hours while they worked on mine....Std amount for that is 45-1 hour.

through mostly motorcycling i have had 23 surgeries but the heart surgery hit me later how invasive it was and how vunerable we are...ever one's different.

It was a mind F**k for me.
I was 58.

Can PM if you like or call.

Upside are the doctors are very good at this now.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 12:42:39 AM by WFORIDER »

Offline racasey

• Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 02:26:34 AM »
I was 54, in good health, member Army National Guard, 5'8", 156lbs.  Semi vegitarian, out of the blue, a Quad bypass.  No heart attack, just a sense of sluggishness under moderate exertion.  Woke up after bypass feeling really crappy, wanted to sleep, stay in bed.  Bedpan guy came in looked at me and told me things that changed my life.  Earlier that same day, I'd been seen by the surgeon, the cardiologist, several nurses, and here comes the bed pad guy and gives me the best advice ever!

His name was Mendez.  "have you been out of bed today?". I'm feeling like shit and said so.  He looks down into my eyes, says "you need to get out of bed.  Every day you stay in bed will lengthen your stay in here by three days.  You stay a week, you will get a staph infection.  That will keep you here two weeks, you will get pneumonia.  People die here.  You are a young man, i will get the physical therapist in here, she will show you how to safely get out of bed".  He also told me, every one of these people wearing lab coats come in, look at you, go back to their computers, and enter comments about your progress that they all read.  If you are not showing progress, they will all know it.  "You need to be blowing on that inspirational spirometer all day long, and getting up and walking as often as you can manage".  I was out of the hospital in 3 days.

The spirometer is a respiratory device, a 2 inch piston in a 8 inch tall cylinder.  It is graduated in cl, and I was told I needed to blow the piston up at least 1,500 cl ten times a day.  Ten times a day... My daily goal!  The upper most graduation is 2,700.  The device is intended to help gage the patient's lung Capacity.  I kept the damned thing in my hands all day long.  10 times a day, hell,  I did it 10 times an hour or more.  Lets get real here.  You are in the hospital...what else do you have to do?  The morning of the second day, the nurse said "are you able to blow up to the goal of 1,500?"  I told her I could blow the thing to to the top.  "ok smarty, let's see".  I did, she never asked again.  But I kept up blowing all day long.

The hospital had blue vinyl foot prints on the floor, defining a track that patients, could shuffle along, trying to regain their strength.  They "suggested" patients try to get up and walk bit.  With Mendez and the therapist, I was out of bed and shuffling along the path at least once an hour.  After the first moning, and I was taught how to get out of bed, I shaved every day, and bathed myself.  I never took a dump in a bed pad, and had them yank the tube of of my penis that same morning.  

I was at Swedish hospital in Seattle.  I had a room mate, he was about 60, somewhat heavier than I.  He had a quad bypass like I had.  He never got out of bed, he was always complaining about how bad he felt, when I left, he looked like he was dying.  I'm convinced, attitude plays a big role in recovery.

When I was released, I was assigned a physical therapist. I did all of the exercises everyday all day long.  At the earliest possibility I was out walking every day, inside of a week, walking a mile or more.  

Since my operation in 2004, I have maintained my exercising, I weigh 143, in the best shape of my life, I'm retired, we travel, I have attended BMW's off road riding course, ride my 2005 R1200GS off road ( regularly drop it in the dirt... But can generally pick it up by myself), have several nice Italian bikes, that I ride on the track, and am having the time of my life!

In the intervening years, several of my friends have had cardiac surgery.  Those that chose to recover in Barcaloungers, skip the physical therapy, and eat three meals a day at Outback Steakhouse are no longer riding bikes or traveling, are starting to need canes, complain about almost everything, and are becoming shut -ins.  

It's all about attitude.

Best wishes on your surgery.
Dick

« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 02:50:03 AM by racasey »
84 V65
1090RR MV Agusta
Paul Smart Ducati
'66 Velocette Thruxton VMT 334
'63 Aermacchi 250
Seeley MK-III AJS 500

Offline johnr

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 05:46:10 AM »
Been there. I was supposed to have 3 bypasses but one artery proved too small to fix. Docs didn't think it would be a problem. I had an aortic  valve replaced too so my heart got chopped up as well.

Truthfully, it is no fun, but neither is the alternative. It's relatively high risk as well. (6%)
My attitude was well, a life without the op was no life at all, and in all probability rather short. Go for it, and hope for the best. Whatever results, results.

Got to say that  after the recovery period I felt better and stronger than I had in years.

There is a thread on it here http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=50381.120
New Zealand
2002 Ev tourer (Stalled again...)

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 05:46:10 AM »

Bill Hagan

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 05:58:57 AM »
Wow.

That must have been a jolt to hear.

No experience -- yet, anyway -- but wishing you the best outcome, recovery, and return.

In some respects, you just might be quite lucky. You know you have a problem and there is a fix, albeit daunting to contemplate.

But, unlike some of us (including, possibly, me), you are not a ticking time bomb with a short fuse.

So, keep us posted; look forward to hearing you are back on your feet ... and on two wheels!.

Bill

Offline mtiberio

• Gaggle Hero
    • TiberioRacing
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 07:25:24 AM »
+1 on the mind f*** part. Triple plus a aortic valve at 55, now 60. Because of orthopedic issues, I can only sleep on my right. After surgery you can only sleep on back. That part was tough. WALK, WALK, WALK, and hit the gym as soon as they will let you.

Mine was in January right before a big snow storm, and I was wearing out the carpet walking around my house.
Land Speed Records w/Guzzzi:
SCTA M-PG 1000 141.6 MPH
LTA M-PF 1000 137.3 MPH
ECTA M-PG 1000 118.6 MPH
http://gjm.site90.com/mtiberio

Joe A.

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 07:32:01 AM »
I was 54, in good health, member Army National Guard, 5'8", 156lbs.  Semi vegitarian, out of the blue, a Quad bypass.  No heart attack, just a sense of sluggishness under moderate exertion.  Woke up after bypass feeling really crappy, wanted to sleep, stay in bed.  Bedpan guy came in looked at me and told me things that changed my life.  Earlier that same day, I'd been seen by the surgeon, the cardiologist, several nurses, and here comes the bed pad guy and gives me the best advice ever!

His name was Mendez.  "have you been out of bed today?". I'm feeling like shit and said so.  He looks down into my eyes, says "you need to get out of bed.  Every day you stay in bed will lengthen your stay in here by three days.  You stay a week, you will get a staph infection.  That will keep you here two weeks, you will get pneumonia.  People die here.  You are a young man, i will get the physical therapist in here, she will show you how to safely get out of bed".  He also told me, every one of these people wearing lab coats come in, look at you, go back to their computers, and enter comments about your progress that they all read.  If you are not showing progress, they will all know it.  "You need to be blowing on that inspirational spirometer all day long, and getting up and walking as often as you can manage".  I was out of the hospital in 3 days.

The spirometer is a respiratory device, a 2 inch piston in a 8 inch tall cylinder.  It is graduated in cl, and I was told I needed to blow the piston up at least 1,500 cl ten times a day.  Ten times a day... My daily goal!  The upper most graduation is 2,700.  The device is intended to help gage the patient's lung Capacity.  I kept the damned thing in my hands all day long.  10 times a day, hell,  I did it 10 times an hour or more.  Lets get real here.  You are in the hospital...what else do you have to do?  The morning of the second day, the nurse said "are you able to blow up to the goal of 1,500?"  I told her I could blow the thing to to the top.  "ok smarty, let's see".  I did, she never asked again.  But I kept up blowing all day long.

The hospital had blue vinyl foot prints on the floor, defining a track that patients, could shuffle along, trying to regain their strength.  They "suggested" patients try to get up and walk bit.  With Mendez and the therapist, I was out of bed and shuffling along the path at least once an hour.  After the first moning, and I was taught how to get out of bed, I shaved every day, and bathed myself.  I never took a dump in a bed pad, and had them yank the tube of of my penis that same morning. 

I was at Swedish hospital in Seattle.  I had a room mate, he was about 60, somewhat heavier than I.  He had a quad bypass like I had.  He never got out of bed, he was always complaining about how bad he felt, when I left, he looked like he was dying.  I'm convinced, attitude plays a big role in recovery.

When I was released, I was assigned a physical therapist. I did all of the exercises everyday all day long.  At the earliest possibility I was out walking every day, inside of a week, walking a mile or more. 

Since my operation in 2004, I have maintained my exercising, I weigh 143, in the best shape of my life, I'm retired, we travel, I have attended BMW's off road riding course, ride my 2005 R1200GS off road ( regularly drop it in the dirt... But can generally pick it up by myself), have several nice Italian bikes, that I ride on the track, and am having the time of my life!

In the intervening years, several of my friends have had cardiac surgery.  Those that chose to recover in Barcaloungers, skip the physical therapy, and eat three meals a day at Outback Steakhouse are no longer riding bikes or traveling, are starting to need canes, complain about almost everything, and are becoming shut -ins. 

It's all about attitude.

Dick

This!
I worked open heart ICU and, everything being equal, positive always beat negative.

Best of luck to you and keep us posted.

Offline tiger_one

• Learning about Guzzi
  • Gaggle Mentor
  • Push Mountain
    • justjean
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 07:47:49 AM »
^^^^^ THIS!  Works even if you have never had heart surgery!

Trouble is, it gets easier to skip exercise everyday with one excuse or another, too cold out, back hurts.  Get up, do something.
14 KTM 1190 Adv

Offline PeteS

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2015, 08:06:29 AM »
I had a blocked artery at 50. Lived with it for 14 years before I had the surgery but I knew what would be involved. I worked in Cardiology research for 30 years and saw a number of the procedures. My Dad had his first bypass at 58 and was active until his mid '80s when arthritis in his knees slowed him down. He finally passed one week before his 92rd birthday. Keeping active is the key. I try to make it to the gym everyday but lucky to average 5-6 days a week.
I had my operation in January (6 years ago). The last day of rehab the following May I rode the EV. Left and headed down to the West Virginia rally.
The operation will kick your butt but follow Dick's example and you will back better than ever.

Pete

Offline rboe

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2015, 08:55:06 AM »
What Dick said in spade. My brother-in-law just had it last summer. Healthy as a horse, just bad genes. He now holds the fastest time running/walking record for recovery at that hospital (ex-marine, ex- Nam vet). Attitude. He doesn't ride, but they walk the dogs, summer or winter; out hiking and such. He is in his early 70's and could convince you he is in his late 50's.

The whole thing is stressful but you know, the docs get lots of practice and if you do your part the risks are well managed. So handle your recovery like your life depends on it. Because it does. :D

Good luck sir.
Phoenix, AZ
2000 Quota 1100 ES Black (sold & gone)
2008 Honda XR650L
2012 Griso SE
2013 Honda CB1100

Offline drlapo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2015, 09:51:30 AM »
i was lucky; only a couple of stents last year
i felt "poorly" and had an episode of left arm pain and heartburn will riding in Maine.
a stress test showed blockages

now it's excercixe every day; walk at leat 3 miles briskly and/or  1/2hour+ on the eleptical machine
light free weights. quit smoking; OK maybe my pipe once a week
1 (OK 2) drinks a week; single malt
very little red meat, more fish and chicken lots of fruit and vegs

get ready for a life change but its for the better
two of my friends have had bypasses and still smoke, drink  and eat  red meat. they look pretty good
 and don't complain
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 01:08:29 PM by drlapo »

Offline moltoguzzi

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2015, 10:05:10 AM »
Thanks to all who responded, I really really appreciate the input. RACASEY, a special thanks to you for sharing your personal experience and the good advice. I'm preparing mentally for the recovery, I know I will have to dig deep down to work through the pain and the not feeling well. I do have lots of confidence in the surgeon, Dr. Robinson and Saint Francis Hospital, I feel I'm in good hands. I hope I can do for myself what RACASEY did in his recovery.
I will post as soon as I can after the surgery. I will take a long ride the day before going in, just in case I'm one of the 1% . LOL
CIAO  

Offline racasey

• Hatchling
Fun after leaving the ER: . Heart bypass surgery, anyone here have it done?
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2015, 11:54:56 AM »
Its not all bad news.  The story continues. The day after I was released from my quad bypass, my buddies came by my house to 'take me out'.  My sweet bride was not impressed.  Like most heart patients, I was still wearing a Holter heart monitor.  A standard recorder about the size of a pack of cigarettes, with a half dozen pick-ups stuck to my chest.  I had to wear it for 24 hours and then return to the cardiologist.  

Some of my buddies were involved in reconditioning of the unlimited hydroplane Hawaii Kai III, and they were going to start the Alliison aircraft engine.  I live near Seattle on Vashon Island, and this event was only a few miles from my home.  The wife relented and off I went.  They sat me in the shade about 50 feet away from the boat and soon started the engine.  I have never heard anything so loud.  I had fingers jammed in to the third knuckle.  I thought the whole building would shake itself to pieces.  Soon I was safe and sound back at home.

Bright and early the next day, said sweet bride was driving us back into Seattle to see the cardiologist.  Five minutes after they removed the Holter, the cardiologist came out and said, "Dick, what the hell happened to you at 4:57 PM yesterday afternoon??"  He was holding a computer printout about twenty feet long.  He was not smiling!  

He gave me a photo copy of the sine wave peaking to the top of the sheet, we all laughed, and another page was added to the rich tapestry of my life.  

For what it is worth, Swedish hospital required all heart patients to undergo a 45 minute briefing on what you must not do.  No briefing, no going home! Swedish performs about 73 open heart surgeries per month (early 2000s).  About 3% of the patients come back in and have their chests "re-broken".  In the most graphic language possible, the nurse explained that when some foolish patient goes home, splits wood, rides a bike, unloads a car , sleeps on their stomach, or any number of other prohibited activities, that they must have their sternum re-wired.

Yep, they knock you out, they recut the sternum, apply new wires, stitch you up, and make you start the recovery all over again.  I can only add, I carefully complied, no driving, no opening doors, slept on my back, learned to never use my arms to lift my self from bed or out of a chair.  A full year later, I could still sense some minor discomfort when trying to open a heavy glass office or bank door.  

Follow the instruction.... You'll be fine,
Dick Casey
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 11:57:38 AM by racasey »
84 V65
1090RR MV Agusta
Paul Smart Ducati
'63 Aermacchi 250
Seeley MK-III AJS 500

Offline kirkemon

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2015, 12:45:28 PM »
Had a valve replacement and triple at age 60. I was in good shape, but born with a bi-cusp valve instead of the normal tri-cusp. Back to normal 6 months. :BEER:
UCLA Ronald Reagan Ho$pital.
Kirk

Offline Nic in Western NYS

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2015, 12:56:14 PM »
I was 54, in good health, member Army National Guard, 5'8", 156lbs.  Semi vegitarian, out of the blue, a Quad bypass.  No heart attack, just a sense of sluggishness under moderate exertion.  Woke up after bypass feeling really crappy, wanted to sleep, stay in bed.  Bedpan guy came in looked at me and told me things that changed my life.  Earlier that same day, I'd been seen by the surgeon, the cardiologist, several nurses, and here comes the bed pad guy and gives me the best advice ever!

His name was Mendez.  "have you been out of bed today?". I'm feeling like shit and said so.  He looks down into my eyes, says "you need to get out of bed.  Every day you stay in bed will lengthen your stay in here by three days.  You stay a week, you will get a staph infection.  That will keep you here two weeks, you will get pneumonia.  People die here.  You are a young man, i will get the physical therapist in here, she will show you how to safely get out of bed".  He also told me, every one of these people wearing lab coats come in, look at you, go back to their computers, and enter comments about your progress that they all read.  If you are not showing progress, they will all know it.  "You need to be blowing on that inspirational spirometer all day long, and getting up and walking as often as you can manage".  I was out of the hospital in 3 days.

The spirometer is a respiratory device, a 2 inch piston in a 8 inch tall cylinder.  It is graduated in cl, and I was told I needed to blow the piston up at least 1,500 cl ten times a day.  Ten times a day... My daily goal!  The upper most graduation is 2,700.  The device is intended to help gage the patient's lung Capacity.  I kept the damned thing in my hands all day long.  10 times a day, hell,  I did it 10 times an hour or more.  Lets get real here.  You are in the hospital...what else do you have to do?  The morning of the second day, the nurse said "are you able to blow up to the goal of 1,500?"  I told her I could blow the thing to to the top.  "ok smarty, let's see".  I did, she never asked again.  But I kept up blowing all day long.

The hospital had blue vinyl foot prints on the floor, defining a track that patients, could shuffle along, trying to regain their strength.  They "suggested" patients try to get up and walk bit.  With Mendez and the therapist, I was out of bed and shuffling along the path at least once an hour.  After the first moning, and I was taught how to get out of bed, I shaved every day, and bathed myself.  I never took a dump in a bed pad, and had them yank the tube of of my penis that same morning.  

I was at Swedish hospital in Seattle.  I had a room mate, he was about 60, somewhat heavier than I.  He had a quad bypass like I had.  He never got out of bed, he was always complaining about how bad he felt, when I left, he looked like he was dying.  I'm convinced, attitude plays a big role in recovery.

When I was released, I was assigned a physical therapist. I did all of the exercises everyday all day long.  At the earliest possibility I was out walking every day, inside of a week, walking a mile or more.  

In the intervening years, several of my friends have had cardiac surgery.  Those that chose to recover in Barcaloungers, skip the physical therapy, and eat three meals a day at Outback Steakhouse are no longer riding bikes or traveling, are starting to need canes, complain about almost everything, and are becoming shut -ins.  

It's all about attitude.

Dick

Serious truth here.  With your permission, Dick, I would like to share your story with the family medicine residents I teach.
Nic
'04 Ducati ST4sABS
Fondly remembered Geese: LeMans V, Sport 1100, Centauro, Breva 1100

Offline racasey

• Hatchling
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2015, 01:48:23 PM »
Nic, as well as others, please feel free to share.  Seņor Mendez changed my life for the better.  He really is the "good guy" in this tale.

Ciao,
Dick Casey
84 V65
1090RR MV Agusta
Paul Smart Ducati
'63 Aermacchi 250
Seeley MK-III AJS 500

Offline oldmxdog61u

• Gaggle Mentor
  • enjoy life...
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2015, 04:36:06 PM »
Great thread. Another reason I like this forum.  A good bunch of people.
Enjoy life!
1985 lemans 1000 (gone)
1996 Sport 1100 (gone)
2007 norge (ahhhhh)
1984 yz250 (gone to museum)
1977 Cr125m Elsinore (sold)
1973 HD FX (back to my bro)
1974 Eldorado (grace)

Offline Dean Rose

• Gaggle Hero
    • Twin Valley Riders
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2015, 04:46:14 PM »
Massive heart attack and triple bypass.
Follow the instructions that they give you after the operation and you will be good to go.

Go in there with a good attitude that they will fix you and you will be OK.

Dean
Magnolia '02 EV
Sophia '06 Breva 1100 
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Offline normzone

• Gaggle Hero
  • '72 Eldo - 1980 to 1990 - '99 Bassa 2014 - 2023
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2015, 12:18:00 AM »
Thanks to all of you for your tales.
That's the combustion chamber of the turbo shaft. It is supposed to be on fire. You just don't usually see it but the case and fairing fell off.

Offline Crusty

• Gaggle Hero
  • You can't put a price on Worthlessness.
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2015, 06:04:16 AM »
No heart attack and no bypasses, but I was split open (like a baked stuffed lobsta) and my heart carved up. I had severe stenosis of the Aortic Valve and now I have a 21mm mechanical valve. My surgery was three years ago this coming March. I had no voice when it came to exercise. The day after my surgery, two nurses came into my room and made me get out of bed. They supported me and I got to walk all of 20 feet before they sat me in a chair for 10 or 15 minutes; then I was back in bed. They encouraged me to walk as much as possible, and by the time I go out of the hospital a week later, I was getting around pretty well. I would walk laps of the Cardiac Unit several times a day
The day after I got home, I went out for a walk and covered nearly a half mile without feeling over exerted. Of course, as soon as I got home, I went to sleep for a few hours.
I slept in a recliner for the next 2 1/2 months. I got to like it enough that even today, I occasionally prefer to sleep in the recliner instead of going to bed.
The one thing that really surprised me was just how good they were at pain management. I didn't hurt and I didn't feel stoned. I was stewed to the gills on all the drugs that you read about or have heard about, but they controlled the dosages so that they just stopped the pain without turning me into a zombie.
My heart's in the best shape it's ever been in for my entire adult life, and I can feel the improvement.
One good note was that my Surgeon saw my Guzzi sweatshirt and told me that when he was younger, he had really dreamed about getting one, but never did. And when he cleared me to drive, he told me that I could start riding again a week later if I was careful.
The folks here at Wild Guzzi were very supportive of me when I had the Surgery done and sent me a ton of cards. Make sure you let us know your mailing address.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 06:19:58 PM by Crusty »
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms, you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

'07 Norge

Offline Tobit

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2015, 08:11:24 AM »
Good luck to you Normzone!
Roman, '86 LM IV

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol

Offline johnr

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2015, 06:10:08 PM »
Crusty I remember your op well as it was just after mine. For a moment there I thought I'd started something.

I've noted reading these posts that people come to after the op in a bed. I did not. I was in a chair from the get go and in fact did not feel comfortable trying a bed until about 4 days after getting home.
New Zealand
2002 Ev tourer (Stalled again...)

Offline carmine bonacci

• Hatchling
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2015, 08:20:31 PM »
 I am just recovering from 5 bypasses Dec. 2 ,  I am 57 and The whole thing was not really too bad? I feel a lot better than I used to and have been back to work for a week  I have much more energy than I had before!! the first 3-4 weeks are painful if you have to cough or sneeze! so avoiding a cold is important! as far as surgery it was not nearly as bad as a previous bowel surgery I had?  You get to eat after heart surgery!!! I had to wait almost 10 days before I could eat,after the bowel surgery ??? One thing that bothered me about the surgery was waking up in ICU with this tube in my throat! That kind of sucked, But that was the worst of it, even my leg were they harvested the veins for the by pass was not really pain full.  These surgery's are very routine anymore! In fact the small hospital I went to has two heart surgeons that do 3-4 bypass surgery every day!! I start cardiac rehab next Monday, it was about 10 degree's out today ??? and all I think about is summer and riding my Guzzi  ;D
I'm believing everything will go smooth for you also, I will throw a couple prays your way also
Carmine

Offline falcone

• Gosling
    • MOTO GUZZI OWNERSHIP - V7 CLASSIC AND BREVA 1100.
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2015, 10:36:19 AM »
Thought I'd add my pennies worth :-) I too had a by pass some 28 years or so ago. I was still playing rugby and badminton at the time so it came as a bit of a shock. Just had some back pain that wouldn't go away :-) Can't remember now whether I had a double or treble by pass :-) shows how much interest I took. As many have mentioned here had no problems at all, far worse at the dentist :-)

Biggest surprises for me were 1) Staples. they stapled up my sternum. I'm sure I'd been told but wasn't aware when I came round :-) Not as surprised as my post lady who dropped my post off as I was having the staples removed at home a few weeks later :-) 2) Where they'd taken the vein from, my right leg the nurse who came to visit me wasn't sure if the stitches needed to come out, to be fair I had mentioned as I wasn't sure, and she had a little go. They were dissolving stitches :-).

Also had a stet a few years ago as I was starting to get angina rand have been fine since.

All the best. Dave
V7 Classic 2008
Falcone Turismo 1955
Aero Merlin Morgan Three Wheeler T3 1000cc Engine.
V50 Monza
Triumph 900 Street Twin.
Honda CD200 Benly.
Royal Enfield Classic Trials.

Offline falcone

• Gosling
    • MOTO GUZZI OWNERSHIP - V7 CLASSIC AND BREVA 1100.
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2015, 10:40:47 AM »
Apart from how it's affected my typing that is :-)

stent   and
V7 Classic 2008
Falcone Turismo 1955
Aero Merlin Morgan Three Wheeler T3 1000cc Engine.
V50 Monza
Triumph 900 Street Twin.
Honda CD200 Benly.
Royal Enfield Classic Trials.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here