Author Topic: Accessing the guzzi diag reader  (Read 645 times)

Offline benebob

• New Egg
Accessing the guzzi diag reader
« on: June 24, 2019, 05:46:35 PM »
Well sadly the problems continue with my V7ii.  The second engine actually runs worse than the first one although I have only adusted the clutch 1 time up top.   Aside from the dead spot at 4100rpm and the cold start it now after 3000 miles on the new engine is bucking at light load as well as stalling because the cold start idle is so irratic.  The dealer seems to be pretty much useless regarding this as I simply don't think they have the training to solve it plus I really don't have the time to deal with it with lots of pre surgical appointment for my next shoulder surgery.    Just got comments like "they are cold blooded" etc from them last it was in for more warranty crap and the 2nd 600 mile service earlier this month.  I want to read the file and also check for faults etc before trading it in on something more modern like a Royal Enfiled.  The diag seems to be working but when I go to the reader I can't get any Com to show up in the drop down menu.  Anybody have any thoughts on how to read the existing map or get the program to find the cable?
16 V7 ABS "the wapper"

Offline benebob

• New Egg
Re: Accessing the guzzi diag reader
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 06:23:19 PM »
6th time was a charm.  Didn't do anything different but it all worked on the reader side on the 6th time.  Now time to see what beetle has to say about my issues.  It did have a few codes in the stored side that stupid me took a picture of with my phone only to see they didn't show up after clearing 'em but I did reset the auto learn perameters so hopefully it is no longer in danger of killing me by stalling while riding until I can get this sorted.  Yeah it is that bad.
16 V7 ABS "the wapper"

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here