Author Topic: URGENT SERVICE 850 miles New 1400 Eldo  (Read 27874 times)

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: URGENT SERVICE 850 miles New 1400 Eldo
« Reply #210 on: December 13, 2019, 11:50:53 AM »
I get it.

I don't have nearly the uh challenges you do, but I struggle to keep the fleet where I want it.

We're really close now and maybe it's perfect and I should leave it alone.

But then I think I still with like a Triumph twin.

And then I think, wow that V9 BS really spoke to me.

And then I think, those new Softails look like fun.

I was talking to someone about the BS the other day and thought, for a moment, I don't have lot of time for distance riding these days. If I sold the RK I could buy a BS and have cash left over.

But then I wonder how long it would be before I'd want another FLH or a new Softail... And besides there's literally nothing wrong with any of our bikes.

So imma just gonna be happy with what I got for a bit.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Moparnut72

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #211 on: December 13, 2019, 12:11:58 PM »
The only reason I don't have more bikes in the garage is due to financial restraints.
kk
Mopar or Nocar
2023 V100 Marina
2019 V7lll Special
MGNOC #24053
Amiga computer shop owner: "Americans are great consumers but terrible shoppers".

Offline kballowe

• - Kevin the Great -
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #212 on: December 13, 2019, 12:56:34 PM »
We have a small house, and a walk-out basement.  30 years ago, I rented a concrete saw and installed a 44" door because that 36" door just wasn't gonna make it.

It's an occasional challenge to get one out.     :grin: :grin: :grin:  - but they're living in climate-controlled comfort..... with the evil ones exiled to the garage.

:thumb:

« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 12:58:00 PM by kballowe »

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #213 on: December 13, 2019, 08:42:00 PM »
I've got 4 bikes now.  Probably 1 or 2 too many.

Anyone want a 1200 Suzuki Bandit?   I'd like to keep the Greenie and the EV.  The Greenie is redundant to my Duc and the EV might go if I got a touring bike, but the Suzuki can go now. 

I'll throw in a trickle charger.    :grin:
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #213 on: December 13, 2019, 08:42:00 PM »

Offline Micksan

• New Egg
« Reply #214 on: December 13, 2019, 11:08:32 PM »
UPDATE on the V7 Roamer

Battery checks good on two different "battery checkers" with load function.  Hooked up the positive cable to the battery and the VOM between the negative cable and battery.  All is well. No draw.  Kicked the starter button and it fired right up.  I still suspect this battery.  We will see.  It's making a monkey out of me !

I have had some bikes in the past that  had similar problems.  The rocket 3 forum was full of posts like yours. Solution to them was to put in heavier batt.  I disconnected the power lead to the starter cleaned the  cable & posts. then coated with the spray you use on batt terminals . Problem solved. 
  Another bike was on a Quota. & EV. The relay plugs were dirty and caused the problem I replaced with a upgrade relay ( Radio Shack) . no more problems.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here