Author Topic: V9 Review Thread. Merged Threadfest  (Read 95982 times)

Offline neverquit

• Hatchling
Re: V9 Review Thread. Merged Threadfest
« Reply #390 on: October 13, 2016, 11:56:36 AM »
Here's a question for those who have ridden the V9 and the V7.  Can you feel a weight difference in the two models.  Is it more to hold up at stops if you tilt it a little to the side or does it feel heavier getting it up off the side stand, how about pushing it around when it is not running?  And when you are riding does it feel heavier?

Offline jkristjan

• New Egg
« Reply #391 on: October 13, 2016, 12:13:11 PM »
neverquit I haven't ridden both but the V9 really feels light, the centre of gravity is so low. You only feel weight when you push it, but when you stop at a traffic light, there is no difference if it's the V9 or a 200cc scooter. My previous ride was the 500cc Royal Enfield C5 and by all means it felt exactly the same as the V9. Also, check the spec sheets, V7 and V9 weight and measurements are virtually equal.

That being said, at least the bobber needs more effort to lean into the corners than smaller bikes with skinnier front wheels. It's not a problem at all once you get a hang of it but when you come from a smaller bike and take your first mid-speed 90 degree turn, you may end up in the oncoming traffic lane :)

Offline Adan

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #392 on: October 13, 2016, 01:30:24 PM »
Wow.  Among some very nice and very stiff competition seems like the Guzzi almost gets the nod more than any of the others.
https://youtu.be/gy7o4m6RfQw

Press like this might double V9 sales in the U.S.  From 100 to 200. 

Fun video.  It's great to see the retro bike movement growing and gaining momentum. 

The V9 with it's odd tires and neither-fish-nor-foul ergonomics might not be the first choice for folks who already have a Guzzi, but it delivers the Guzzi experience in spades and is a great lure to bring new riders into the Guzzi fold.
V9 Bobber
Zero S

lucydad2

« Reply #393 on: October 16, 2016, 08:20:11 PM »
Current V9 configurations don't do it for me.  Checked them out at new Houston dealer.  Waiting and watching.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #393 on: October 16, 2016, 08:20:11 PM »

Online greer

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #394 on: November 02, 2016, 06:58:36 AM »
I had a chance to visit Sloans in Murfreesboro on Saturday and saw bikes galore, including the Moto Guzzis.  I've never ridden one, but always thought a sit test on the V7 felt awkward to the point of being uncomfortable in just a few minutes.  For me, the bars are too low and forward, while the pegs are too high and forward, it just feels unnatural in a way that is immediately noticeable.  All fixable I know, nearly any bike will need a bit of tweaking to fit.  But the V9 felt like my favorite jeans and T-shirt in comparison, especially the Roamer.  Relaxed knees and hips, and the bars right there, very much like my DR with Rox risers, and I have over 30,000 miles on that bike.  Impressed the heck out of me, can't think of another bike that fit so well right out of the box. I'm not too keen on that yellow though, wish I could see one in white.

Sarah
Sarah '21 V7 Special, '17 XT250, '17 V9 Roamer sold August 2021, '16 V7 II Stone sold September 2021, '08 Nevada Classic sold August 2020 
Doug '21 V85TT, '05 Sportster Roadster, '13 XT250

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here