Author Topic: Eurobike 2017 - 8th Annual - April 8&9  (Read 1360 times)

Offline cafetbird

• New Egg
  • Limey Lover
    • Highland Mountain Cabin
Eurobike 2017 - 8th Annual - April 8&9
« on: December 26, 2016, 05:36:43 AM »
Hey Folks!

We are starting planning for this year's Eurobike!  It is going to be back in City Market again, because the folks who say said we should never do it anywhere else than in that little cobble-stoned burg.  Those that came last year and the first couple of years probably get that!  Here is a recap from last year:

:gotpics:   https://youtu.be/s6Cd4gb7mjg

It's in early April again also.  Last year we had to move to June for street closures and unfortunately that conflicted with a regional Guzzi event. 

The streets will be blocked off again, and we'll have one for Italian bikes, one for Brit, one for German, and one for Cafe.  They all surround a vintage town market that we are renting for the vendors to use, beer, and a special bike show.

Its a 2 day event this year.  We'll have a Saturday ride, and gathering and bike show on Sunday. There will be a bike show with awards in several attendee-judged categories. There will be a swag raffle again and also be a raffle for an exotic European motorcycle - this year we found a nice Ducati 900SS to raffle off!.  You can buy raffle tickets for 20 bucks each at www.eurobikeraleigh .com

We'll have music, vendor booths, tech talks, and food.  This year we are also offering a special show section for custom motorcycle builders.

The event is being run by Do the Ton Triangle again this year, a group of caf� racer enthusiasts dedicated to preserving classic and retro-styled motorcycles and lifestyle.  Proceeds will go to InterAct � a non-profit assisting families and victims of domestic violence.

We welcome all regional clubs focused on European bikes and caf� racers to participate.  The local Moto Guzzi club will be representing on the Italian street!

So, the event schedule will be as follows:

Saturday, April 8th � Breakfast and Ride
8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.: Breakfast, Capital Club 16, 16 West Martin St. Raleigh, N.C. (Registration required)
11:00 Group Ride from Capital Club 16, 16 West Martin St. Raleigh, N.C. Route TBD. Multi-paced.
7:00 p.m. Gathering at downtown London Bridge Pub in downtown Raleigh

Sunday, April 9th � Eurobike Show at Historic City Market
8:00 a.m.-9:30 a.m.: Vendor Set-up
8:30 a.m.: Breakfast, Capital Club 16, 16 West Martin St. Raleigh, N.C. (Registration required)
10 a.m.: Event show area opens
10:40 a.m.: Tent activities begin, welcome address, Main Stage
10:45 a.m.: VIP Speaker, Main Stage
Noon: VIP Speaker, Main Stage
12:30 p.m.: Show Judging, Historic City Market
2 p.m.: Bike show awards, Main Stage
2:15 p.m.: Prize raffle drawing
3 p.m.: Show close

Hope ya'll can all make it out!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 08:00:47 AM by cafetbird »
Scot Dail
1996 Triumph Thunderbird Cafe, 1973 Triumph TR7RV, 1968 Bridgestone 350 GTR

Offline cafetbird

• New Egg
  • Limey Lover
    • Highland Mountain Cabin
Re: Eurobike 2017 - 8th Annual - April 8&9
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 08:02:01 AM »
 Buy the ticket, take the ride, folks!!!   We are raffling a nice Ducati SS this year!  Tickets are on sale at www.eurobikeraleigh .com... $20 each.
Scot Dail
1996 Triumph Thunderbird Cafe, 1973 Triumph TR7RV, 1968 Bridgestone 350 GTR

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 08:39:38 AM »
Hey Folks!

It's in early April again also.  Last year we had to move to June for street closures and unfortunately that conflicted with a regional Guzzi event. 

It didn't conflict TOO bad - several of us made it an excuse for a Brisk Ride across the top of North Carolina from the Virginia rally at Willville over to Raleigh "on our way home".

It's in a neat little venue for sure, and a lot of interesting bikes and people.   You're bound to run into someone you know!

It's going on my calendar right now ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline flip

• Gaggle Hero
  • Aprilia Caponord 1200, Aprilia Shiver, gone MG B11
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 12:11:45 PM »
I'm hoping to make it this year. My son rides and lives near there. I may have to have my wife haul an extra bike there so my son can ride something Italian that weekend. Even though his bike self-identifies as Italian, I don't think a Suzuki SV would be an appropriate ride there.  :grin:
North Carolina

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 12:11:45 PM »

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 07:11:22 PM »
I'm hoping to make it this year. My son rides and lives near there. I may have to have my wife haul an extra bike there so my son can ride something Italian that weekend. Even though his bike self-identifies as Italian, I don't think a Suzuki SV would be an appropriate ride there.  :grin:

You don't have to actually pull the bike onto the cobblestones in the marketplace and put it in the lineup.   You can park on the street and just walk around to your heart's content.

Of course, if you DO have something Italian, it just makes it that much more fun ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline flip

• Gaggle Hero
  • Aprilia Caponord 1200, Aprilia Shiver, gone MG B11
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 08:01:31 AM »
It's getting close!
North Carolina

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here