Author Topic: The Eagle has landed (Finaly)  (Read 422 times)

Offline vf84pc

• Hatchling
The Eagle has landed (Finaly)
« on: October 25, 2021, 07:01:00 AM »
I finally got my new (to me) 2002 California home. The pictures don't really show the corrosion.  It is going to take allot of work to get it into shape.

The big things I see right away are the turn signals are cracked from dry rot and I am concerned about the spoke nipples they are pretty rusty. Can they be just cleaned up with an emery cloth or should they be replaced. If they need to be replaced where would I find replacements?Any suggestions for the turn signals?

Offline Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
Re: The Eagle has landed (Finaly)
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 08:32:48 AM »
Just saw this on Facebook:

Rusty Nipples!
Anyone else had issues with the nipples on their spokes going rusty?
My EV has gorgeous chrome wire wheels. But no matter what I've tried, I hadn't been able to clean up the nipples properly. Until I found Metal Rescue gel!
I've used their other liquid product before on various chrome parts. So decided to try the gel on my nipples (on my wheels) here's a pic, one nipple coated for 50 mins the other untouched.

Charlie

Offline Guzzidad

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: The Eagle has landed (Finaly)
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2021, 06:39:37 PM »
   Those turn signal stems all do that. A lot of bikes use that signal. I recently replaced the stems on my Triumph Sprint ST. My local dealer had just the stems for $5 each. Easy job. AF1 Racing might have them. My local dealer is Motorcycle Enthusiasts in Spring Hill, FL.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here