Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Breva 1200 Sport Fairing on Breva 1100?
« Last post by bad Chad on Today at 08:14:44 AM »
I have one on my Breva 1100.  It's an exact fit, bolts right on just as it does on the Sport.
General Discussion / Re: No acceleration passed 3rd
« Last post by 850brian on Today at 07:54:58 AM »
After you set the ignition timing correctly, I would also check for proper centrifugal advance of the spark under higher rpm.  If the advancer gets dirty/stuck, it will start and idle just fine.  It will accelerate at low rpm just fine.  It will feel like hitting a wall when  you get to higher speed and higher rpm.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA

I will look into this. Seems exactly like my symptoms.
General Discussion / Tank bag for V85TT?
« Last post by steven c on Today at 07:26:35 AM »
I was hoping my Wolfman tank bag would work (older model) but it just doesn't fit to long, to wide and my other bags will not work. So what are you using? I like to keep a camera, gloves water bottle in it. Thanks.
General Discussion / Re: Could be a return to fold moment ahead
« Last post by tazio on Today at 07:18:01 AM »

I've not posted in forever...

One major flaw  is my research and knowledge on this particular model is not what it ought to be.  Plus, it's yellow.
hahahhahaa.....

At least you'll be seen!
I do miss my "Mellow Yellow" :cry:

And  "WELCOME BACK!" if it all works out for you.:thumb:

General Discussion / Re: Breva 1200 Sport Fairing on Breva 1100?
« Last post by Walter on Today at 07:13:52 AM »
Yes, I don't see any issues but wanted to be sure.  Thank you.
General Discussion / Re: No acceleration passed 3rd
« Last post by Scout63 on Today at 07:08:36 AM »
It sounds like two separate problems.

Oil in the clutch housing could be rear mail seal, maybe the crank vent tube came loose?  If it is gear oil leaking then front trans input seal. Either way a crab is coming.

Loss of power would be spark or fuel. If it were just high rpm then maybe jetting.  But there is a total loss.  I would check power and ground wiring to the coils and distributor. Put a voltmeter on them and start wiggling wires all the way back to the fuses and switches.
« Last post by Kev m on Today at 06:39:18 AM »
OKJ - what question or questions exactly are you looking to answer?

I could write an entire book on my thoughts about the smallblocks. I first looked at them as being the closest thing I could get to a modern air head (but with a more interesting motor) and that feeling has done nothing but get stronger in the ~11+ years I've been riding them. The feeling is so strong I've got two and constantly consider buying a third.

There is something about the Heron head that I still love and might even prefer. Then again on the other hand the Hemi head bikes took versatility to a new level and make it a more capable machine.

The current versions (like the one you're considering) are even more capable still than either of mine, though again they are just slightly heavier than the previous generation. If WEIGHT remains a serious consideration consider that the 2020 Stone lists at 492# wet while my 2013 Stone (MKI, Heron head, first year of the 1TB bikes) weighs ~443# wet meaning ~50# less. That's not a ton, but if every pound matters it's a consideration.

Bottom line I would say what is most obvious. Can the dealer offer you a test ride, hopefully a longer one. Because that might answer a lot of potential questions.

Unless you're just asking about patterns of breakdowns or maintenance or other stuff like that.
« Last post by mechanicsavant on Today at 06:30:25 AM »
I’ve posted elsewhere on this forum about my experiences with my 21 Centanario , Yea I’ve personalized it some . Most of us do that . How boring it would be if we were all the same! I’m still very happy with my choice, can’t think of moving to a different scoot .Once again just IMHO . Your results may vary !
« Last post by bmc5733946 on Today at 06:18:54 AM »
OkJohn,
Check your PMs!
Brian
In my continuing effort to be as upside down as possible on this restoration, it will be sporting new Ikon rear shocks.   :grin:

Now to restore the rear drive.  It is nasty looking. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here