Author Topic: Fuel pump assembly  (Read 304 times)

Online bacongrease

• Gosling
Fuel pump assembly
« on: March 04, 2024, 09:36:32 PM »
2004 Stone Touring.  I could use the whole unit,  I don't see any available for that specific model.   Any idea if the other ones listed on ebay would work.  Default says they do not. However these are not very reliable.  But from all appearances they look very similar.  Some identical.   Norge, Breva, etc.  Mine leaks thru the wiring hole, and all kinds of goop  (PermaTex, Seal-All) just will not stop the leak.  The 6 bolt holes appear to be the same. I can't see the electrical connections well enough. The only difference is the (quick release) appears different on some.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 09:58:33 PM by bacongrease »

Offline moto-uno

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Fuel pump assembly
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2024, 10:04:26 PM »
  What ever you decide upon , please make sure it has the same fuel pressure as the OEM , even 5psi less can make for poor running . Peter

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2024, 08:20:06 AM »
Maybe something from this site will work. Convert back to external pump, might have to swap out tank.

https://ca-cycleworks.com/efi.html
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Online n3303j

• Ron Cichowski
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2024, 06:57:25 PM »
  What ever you decide upon , please make sure it has the same fuel pressure as the OEM , even 5psi less can make for poor running . Peter
Thought you'd want a pump with same pressure or higher (and sufficient volume). The regulator would drop the pump output pressure to the pressure required at the injector.
'98 MG V11 EV
'96 URAL SPORTSMAN
'77 MG 850T3 FB

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2024, 06:57:25 PM »

Online John A

• Gaggle Hero
  • No way to slow down...
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2024, 08:34:23 PM »
Thought you'd want a pump with same pressure or higher (and sufficient volume). The regulator would drop the pump output pressure to the pressure required at the injector.

That’s what I’d look for, as well as its physical size and fitting similarities.
John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain
99 Bassa, sidecar
02 Stone
84 V65C
15 F3S Spyder

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here