Author Topic: Very funny video about aging...  (Read 8141 times)

oceanluvr

Very funny video about aging...
« on: January 06, 2015, 08:39:05 AM »
This was a guest speaker at an actual Conference on Aging in California; The speaker is a weatherman, but SHOULD be a stand up comic.   Attendees were young and old alike, male and female. 

https://www.youtube.com/embed/LR2qZ0A8vic?rel=0

Offline skromfols

• Gosling
Re: Very funny video about aging...
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 09:44:33 AM »
This is super, and regretfully much too true.  Thanks for sharing.

Stan
Stan

98 Valkyrie
08 Triumph America
05 Moto Guzzi Nevada

Offline gearman

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 04:05:23 PM »
Nothing funny about aging inmho. I have spent the last year dealing with bad health care people. I have NPH and no one calls me back.    >:(

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 04:23:35 PM »
Nothing funny about aging inmho. I have spent the last year dealing with bad health care people. I have NPH and no one calls me back.    >:(

The way I look at it, it's going to happen (if you're lucky), so you may as well make the best of it and find humor in it where you can.   Some of it's not so humorous, but there you go.

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 04:23:35 PM »

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 05:19:20 PM »
I haven't figured out the aging formula yet.  I have the evaporated legs of a 90 year old cripple and the arms and torso of a healthy gorilla.
 True the hands sometimes go numb and they always tingle, but I can still strangle a cow.
 When I lift weights the bones in my right shoulder creak and snap from being shattered and healed and the scapula has a strange twang but I can still lift the weights.  True, I can't actually do burnouts with my wheelchair cause the push rims will bend, but I still wheel 2 to six miles a day in it.
 Besides the tires are expensive.
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

Offline Markcarovilli

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 07:58:46 PM »
Or its the hormones......

Mark

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 09:02:41 PM »
For crying out loud, i am sick and tired of you old fools who are soooooo ready to pounce on anyone who posts something that YOU find offensive or not to your liking.  I have never been on any other forum where I have read so many negative or critical postings.  I posted this as a humorous take on the inevitable, yet we have some CRANKY OLD FOOLS complaining.   Well, even after paying my annual dues, which btw is a lot more than many of you KNOW IT ALLS ever do, I am fed up ...you can all go to hell.  15 years on my boating forum and never, not once was there any crap....3 years on here and i have had it!  Go shove it!    You old fools....

Who are "the old fools" to which you refer?    There were only 4 posts responding to what you'd put up, 3 of them including mine were in agreement with you, and the other was just a comment.    

Unless THIS post was a joke, parodying a grumpy old man shaking his stick at the kids in his yard, in which case it's sort of funny but a bit over the top ..... ?

I'm having some warm milk and then to bed.

Lannis

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2015, 01:05:39 AM »
  The only thing I read which was critical was oceanluvers response to people commenting on a COMEDY video.
  If he goes away I won't feel a loss.
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

Offline bobdar

• Gosling
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2015, 01:10:47 AM »
This might be petinent--http://www.alz.org/dementia/normal-pressure-hydrocephalus-nph.asp

Loved the video.  Funny man.
bob darcey
lakewood, colorado
'75 850T
'56 Matchless G80

56Pan

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2015, 01:14:32 AM »
For crying out loud, i am sick and tired of you old fools who are soooooo ready to pounce on anyone who posts something that YOU find offensive or not to your liking.  I have never been on any other forum where I have read so many negative or critical postings.  I posted this as a humorous take on the inevitable, yet we have some CRANKY OLD FOOLS complaining.   Well, even after paying my annual dues, which btw is a lot more than many of you KNOW IT ALLS ever do, I am fed up ...you can all go to hell.  15 years on my boating forum and never, not once was there any crap....3 years on here and i have had it!  Go shove it!    You old fools....

Damn, bud.  Who pissed in your Cheerios this morning?

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2015, 08:38:07 AM »
Damn, bud.  Who pissed in your Cheerios this morning?

I blame the monkey-gland extract.   

Sometimes people have something else on their mind, and are just looking for a reason to explode in a completely disproportionate rant and take their glove and go home, possibly unrelated to the subject at hand.   Sounds like what happened here.   

Lannis

Offline Randown

• Long Beach, CA
  • Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2015, 08:42:35 AM »
OL is a Floridian, they only have straight roads, that & aging is like nitroglycerin. He tried to push it down with a funny video.

OL I hope you take a road trip out of state, re-read this thread & decide to come back.
Flippity Floppity Floop

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2015, 08:45:46 AM »
OL is a Floridian, they only have straight roads, that & aging is like nitroglycerin. He tried to push it down with a funny video.

OL I hope you take a road trip out of state, re-read this thread & decide to come back.

That'd be good.   Maybe the trigger was that sudden "first" facing of one's own mortality?  Happens to the best of us .....

Lannis

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2015, 12:18:04 PM »
I thought the guy was funny.  According to him @ 71 my body is in great shape compared to all the ailments he was referring to.  8) If a person has no sense of humor he/she isn't going to live long.

Offline stmike

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2015, 01:02:17 PM »
I enjoyed this video - even watched the whole 15 minutes of it, and sent it on to friends.  Maybe there were some posts deleted by a mod that we didn't get to see?  Otherwise OL's rant and storming off doesn't make any sense.

Online tazio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2015, 04:48:16 PM »
Never a good thing when one of us bails out. Nothing I like to see..
There ain't that many of us gootsie freaks out there, I don't think. :BEER: We need them all.

oceanluvr, you've had some great posts.
Keep em' comin', brother. 

~reminder to self: this is a discussion board. If I put it out there, I am soliciting other peoples comments..

Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1972 Aermacchi Harley-Davidson 350 Sprint
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

oldbike54

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2015, 11:06:09 AM »
My goodness  ???

Dusty

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here