Author Topic: GuzziDiag HowTo - A tutorial for beginners  (Read 554181 times)

Offline dl.allen

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: GuzziDiag HowTo - A tutorial for beginners
« Reply #600 on: August 23, 2015, 09:36:56 PM »
Is it possible that the 15M maps don't have lamda?  2004 V11 Lemans?  That being the case GD would actively change the CO trim?  Mine is currently reading -26

beetle

« Reply #601 on: August 23, 2015, 09:56:18 PM »
They have O2 sensors, but it's possible the lambda may not be switchable, and the CO may well be active.

Set it at zero and see what happens.

Punch

« Reply #602 on: August 24, 2015, 04:41:12 AM »
Just throwing some thoughts in here.

From a Ducati 15M perspective I have not come across a 15M with lambda input, but that does not mean it does not exist in MG variants/applications.

If indeed there is a lambda sensor with a 15M, then another option would be to establish what the sensor type is, most likely narrowband, then disconnect it and use a diode across the harness terminals so the ECU senses a fixed voltage.

My understanding is that wideband sensors generate a voltage and narrowband is akin to a variable resistor, but a bit digital like, as in on or off.  So in the latter case with a diode as a narrowband substitute the ECU would sense a "fixed" voltage across the diode and hence not "interfere" with whatever fuel map you choose to write to the ECU.

Do some internet searching for O2 eliminator, but I expect you will find a simple solution that might, just maybe, involve something slightly more than just a diode, but don't pay big prices for something that is probably really simple.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 04:54:02 AM by Punch »

Vasco DG

« Reply #603 on: August 24, 2015, 05:04:58 AM »
15M does not. 15M-RC does.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #603 on: August 24, 2015, 05:04:58 AM »

Punch

« Reply #604 on: August 24, 2015, 05:19:38 AM »
Thanks - something new learned to tuck away whilst my brain still functions/remembers things.

I have wondered, but not lost sleep over it, what was the RC version.

Richard

beetle

« Reply #605 on: August 24, 2015, 05:49:52 AM »
15M does not. 15M-RC does.

Wait. What?

Vasco DG

« Reply #606 on: August 24, 2015, 05:53:26 AM »
That's my understAnding of the difference. The RC suffix denotes lambda input. I may be wrong but it is what I have been led to believe.

Pete

Offline smdl

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #607 on: August 24, 2015, 05:57:44 AM »
Wait. What?

Yes, that's correct.  I'm not 100% certain, but I don't think the RM came to North America.

Cheers,
Shaun
'74 Eldorado Civilian
'17 V7 III Stone
'21 Aprilia Tuono 660
'22 V85TT Guardia D'Onore
'22 V85TT Guardia D'Onore (Yep, two)

beetle

« Reply #608 on: August 24, 2015, 06:37:21 AM »
I thought the 'C' was for 'catalytic' ?

So riddle me this. The V11 LM and Corsa have lambda probes and use the 15M ECU. So is the probe decorative?

Offline smdl

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #609 on: August 24, 2015, 08:16:11 AM »
I thought the 'C' was for 'catalytic' ?

So riddle me this. The V11 LM and Corsa have lambda probes and use the 15M ECU. So is the probe decorative?

I don't believe that the NA versions have a Lambda probe at all, or any other Lambda functionality.  I think that was mainly for Europe ( and possibly elsewhere) at that time.  Mine is a 2003, so slightly earlier, but I can confirm tonight when I get home, if that is helpful.  I think Lambda and RM went together for certain markets.

Shaun
'74 Eldorado Civilian
'17 V7 III Stone
'21 Aprilia Tuono 660
'22 V85TT Guardia D'Onore
'22 V85TT Guardia D'Onore (Yep, two)

Offline dl.allen

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #610 on: August 24, 2015, 08:24:36 AM »
I will try setting. Co to zero after work to.see if I can control it

Can u see the O2 probe on the engine?
Where do I look?
Will report back tonight

Offline Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #611 on: August 24, 2015, 08:44:23 AM »
I don't believe that the NA versions have a Lambda probe at all, or any other Lambda functionality.  I think that was mainly for Europe ( and possibly elsewhere) at that time.  Mine is a 2003, so slightly earlier, but I can confirm tonight when I get home, if that is helpful.  I think Lambda and RM went together for certain markets.

It first showed up in NA on the Cal Vintage with the 15M-RC. The 15M on everything prior to that never had a lambda in NA that I ever saw.
Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #612 on: August 24, 2015, 08:55:59 AM »
That's my understAnding of the difference. The RC suffix denotes lambda input. I may be wrong but it is what I have been led to believe.

Pete

Duh. RC stands for Rubber Chicken..
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Vasco DG

« Reply #613 on: August 24, 2015, 02:05:53 PM »
Well, I could very easily be wrong. It would be nice to confirm it one way or another.

Pete

Offline pauldaytona

• Gaggle Hero
    • Paul's fast Guzzi Page
« Reply #614 on: August 24, 2015, 02:48:56 PM »
15m was first, after that came the 15rc, just look at what is on the ecu. With the V11 they even used same wire loom, and for europe they mounted the 15rc and a lambda, for the US they skipped the lambda and mounted the old 15m.  This started in 2003. Could be that after a while there were so much Guzzis in the USA that the air got polluted, that they also got the 15rc.   The 750 range always had the 15rc in my understanding.

Inside the 15rc is completely different in parts, also the software can do more. So does it have the capability to do a tps reset in the 750 range, with linear tps. And the things diagnose shows are more. 
Paul

Daytona 1225, Stelvio 1151

Download Guzzidiag here: http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/

beetle

« Reply #615 on: August 24, 2015, 03:19:07 PM »
OK, so the NA 15M models do not have the lambda. In that case, if dl.allen is in NA, they should be golden, and adjusting the CO trim will work.

Paul, what about Euro models? Do you know if CO trim works with the lambda versions of the 15M?

Offline pauldaytona

• Gaggle Hero
    • Paul's fast Guzzi Page
« Reply #616 on: August 24, 2015, 06:18:18 PM »
OK, so the NA 15M models do not have the lambda. In that case, if dl.allen is in NA, they should be golden, and adjusting the CO trim will work.

Paul, what about Euro models? Do you know if CO trim works with the lambda versions of the 15M?

there is no lambda version of the 15m, only 15rc has lambda and if you switch off lambda(in the map), you can adjust CO.
Paul

Offline Kiwi Dave

• Gaggle Hero
    • Guzzi Gander Ltd
« Reply #617 on: August 24, 2015, 06:28:58 PM »
I can confirm that in Kiwiland (NZ), the 2002 V11 Le Mans was sans lambda (I own one).  It was introduced the following year in 2003, and gave heaps of misery back then.  I believe they generally were bypassed to cure the issues, but I do not know whether the map had to be tweaked to allow this.

Offline dl.allen

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #618 on: August 24, 2015, 08:07:08 PM »
So looked over exhaust crossover etc. definitely no O2 sensors anywhere to be found.
Warmed up bike and started Guzzidiag and adjusted my CO from -26 to 0.  When I hit finish the bike gulped for a second and then idled normally.  I turned it off and unhooked everything.   Then I started it back up, started fine, idled fine and rode the same.  Not sure it did anything or not.  I would think if it was working it would have idled a lot different. I will say it did not cough at all when cruising at 3000 rpms but I need to ride it a few days to say for sure.

Offline guzzied

• Hatchling
« Reply #619 on: August 24, 2015, 09:15:36 PM »
My 2003 Rosso Corsa USA version does not have any 02 sensors either, I thought they came with the 04 models in the USA, guess not?

dl.allen, let me know if your cough is gone at 3000 rpm, it might fix the cough my bike has?

Mike
Mike Stewart

Sold  2000 Green V11 Sport
        2000 Jackal V1100 Cafe Project
        2002 Ghezzi Brian
        2002 California Special Sport 
        2003 Rosso Corsa

Ride 2002 EV Sport Custom
       2003 EV Touring Custom
       2014 Norge 8V

Offline pauldaytona

• Gaggle Hero
    • Paul's fast Guzzi Page
« Reply #620 on: August 25, 2015, 06:22:41 AM »
So looked over exhaust crossover etc. definitely no O2 sensors anywhere to be found.
Warmed up bike and started Guzzidiag and adjusted my CO from -26 to 0.  When I hit finish the bike gulped for a second and then idled normally.  I turned it off and unhooked everything.   Then I started it back up, started fine, idled fine and rode the same.  Not sure it did anything or not.  I would think if it was working it would have idled a lot different. I will say it did not cough at all when cruising at 3000 rpms but I need to ride it a few days to say for sure.

when you connect it again and it reads 0, it worked.
Paul

Offline dl.allen

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #621 on: August 25, 2015, 11:54:45 AM »
I'm really going to speculate and say that when I bought the bike it was running stinking rich so
I checked tps and it was set really high and maybe the PO lowered the CO to.compensate.
Now I have everything set back to baseline stock values.  Will run it a few days and report in

Offline canuck1969

• Gosling
« Reply #622 on: August 30, 2015, 09:30:42 AM »
Has anyone confirmed the functionality of Guzzidiag, writer, reader and TunerPro with Windows 10?

Offline dl.allen

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #623 on: August 30, 2015, 10:14:36 AM »
Just wanted to report back in and say bike has been running perfectly.  Havent ridden much due to wildfires threatening the area.

Also, in addition to all the tuning I put the metal shims in the front crossover and sealed them up with RTV.  Now the cross over is very solid and no leaks.

Thanks for all the help from everyone and I learned a lot along the way.  Now on to proper suspension set up....... :shocked:

Offline Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #624 on: August 30, 2015, 10:50:08 AM »
Has anyone confirmed the functionality of Guzzidiag, writer, reader and TunerPro with Windows 10?
Works with my tablet with Win 10.
Just followed he directions on the GuzziDiag site.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 03:10:11 PM by Wayne Orwig »
Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

Offline pauldaytona

• Gaggle Hero
    • Paul's fast Guzzi Page
« Reply #625 on: August 30, 2015, 11:34:13 AM »

yes works with win 10/ 64. I did the upgrade, and it kept the ftdi diver I had.
Paul

Offline ITSec

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #626 on: August 30, 2015, 02:48:25 PM »

On my Windows10 tablet 2-in-1, it installed and operated normally right from scratch. I'm using it with a cable/adapter certified to have a genuine FTDI chip.
ITSecurity
2012 Griso 8v SE - Tenni Green
2013 Stelvio NTX - Copper
2008 Norge GT - Silver

I am but mad north-northwest!
When the wind is southerly, I can tell a hawk from a handsaw...

Offline Queensland Ken

• New Egg
« Reply #627 on: September 08, 2015, 09:57:55 PM »
Thanks very much for all the information.
My first attempt on my Stelvio went well, there was 2 cm difference between the bodies.

The only small problem were some redundant drivers on my laptop, couldn't get the communications working.
Tried everything to load up the FTDI 2.08.14 drivers, just didn't want to install properly. (time to format & start again)
Used my netbook instead, worked a treat.
Toowoomba, Queensland
2012 Stelvio NTX
FJR1300

Offline k99

• New Egg
« Reply #628 on: September 18, 2015, 07:59:08 PM »
I am attempting to reset the TPS on my 2014 V7 Special but the TPS reset option does not appear in the dropdown menu on GuzziDiag.

I am using V0.47 on an MIUG3 ECU.  Am I missing something or are you unable to do that on this ECU with GuzziDiag?
2012 California 90th Anniversary #109
2014 V7 Special
2004 V11 Cafe Sport
2016 BMW R1200RS
2015 BMW K1600GT

Vasco DG

« Reply #629 on: September 18, 2015, 08:34:07 PM »
DON'T!

The only time you ever re-set the TPS on a single TB model is after it has been re-mapped and even then on the newer V7-II's they don't recommend it after 3,000km due to wear in the shitty plastic cam wheel.

Pete

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here