Author Topic: new paint  (Read 3239 times)

nellborg

new paint
« on: January 31, 2015, 02:45:32 PM »
I'm thinking of having my '13 V7 tank painted another color.  I've already got black fenders. The white tank is just too white.  Maybe it's just that everything's white now in mid Wisconsin this time of year.  Or maybe I'm just at work and bored...

Anyway, what's a shop charge to get a tank painted a solid color, and is this something that any old auto/motorcycle paint shop could do, or does anyone know of a place in central Wisconsin that does good work? 

I suppose it would be a drop off the bike one day and pick it up several days later deal, because they'd have to drain the tank, take it off, sand off the old paint, put on the new paint plus clear coat, right?  They wouldn't expect me to figure out how to take off the tank and bring it to them, right?  I'd make a mess if I tried that.

Online Perazzimx14

• Gaggle Hero
Re: new paint
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 02:57:16 PM »
I'm thinking of having my '13 V7 tank painted another color.  I've already got black fenders. The white tank is just too white.  Maybe it's just that everything's white now in mid Wisconsin this time of year.  Or maybe I'm just at work and bored...

Anyway, what's a shop charge to get a tank painted a solid color, and is this something that any old auto/motorcycle paint shop could do, or does anyone know of a place in central Wisconsin that does good work? 

I suppose it would be a drop off the bike one day and pick it up several days later deal, because they'd have to drain the tank, take it off, sand off the old paint, put on the new paint plus clear coat, right?  They wouldn't expect me to figure out how to take off the tank and bring it to them, right?  I'd make a mess if I tried that.

If you are not comfortable draining and removing the tank make sure whoever does it for you is!
2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2017 V7 III Carbon Dark #0008 of 1921
2017 Road Glide Special
2020 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2016 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline dsrdave

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 03:31:10 PM »
Where are at in wisc. ??  I may be able to help.
2-850T, 2-1000 convert/hacked, V11 sport, V50, centauro, '97 sport 1100, '71 V7 ambo, '76 850 Lemans,CX100,"83 LM III,1000SE, '91 LM V, '07 Griso, '53 super alce,moto parilla, zigolo, Lodola 175, Lodola 235,  '07 norge, '67 stornello, 57galletto, Nuovo Falcone, stornello ISDT, 52 Airone sport

nellborg

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 03:35:14 PM »
Stevens Point, Wausau area. 

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 03:35:14 PM »

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 04:04:27 PM »
what color do you want? maybe trade someone or buy new and sell yours?
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

tusong200

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 11:27:07 AM »
They shouldn't need to remove the old paint.

Offline Cage Free

• Gosling
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 02:01:21 PM »
I get the all white part being a bit boring. You could try using plasti dip spray for a temporary fix to see your bike in a different color or what I would probably do is go to Tape works .com and order a stripe kit of some sort to get a different look.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here