Author Topic: Anybody Know the Ex-Renaissance Motorcycles Mechanic? (Tucson AZ)  (Read 1592 times)

Offline Tusayan

• Gaggle Hero
Does anybody know the name and possible current location of the mechanic who worked at Renaissance Motorcycles in Tuscon, prior to the shop closing?  I've bought a bike that has reputedly received an expensive service there not too many miles ago, and the bike is fairly recognizable, so before I repeat the work I'd thought I'd attempt to gather info!  This was told to me by word of mouth, there is no receipt.  I suppose either the mechanic or Steve Spreter (ex-owner) might remember, but I understand Steve has retired.

Thanks much for any info. 
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 10:30:21 PM by Tusayan »

Offline Bisbonian

• Gaggle Hero
  • Living the Dream
Re: Anybody Know the Ex-Renaissance Motorcycles Mechanic? (Tuscon AZ)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 02:51:18 PM »
I don't know his name, but I think he has moved over to On Any Moto as they have picked up the Guzzi, Aprilia, and Ducati brands.

They were in the process of moving, I think they are in their new digs by now.

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 02:55:06 PM »
As a back-up, I can highly recommend Tom Hull, in Mesa, AZ who has worked on my Guzzi.  He works out of his house these days ($Cash$ only), and is the son of Dave Hull, from Dave's Cycle on Southern Ave. in Mesa.  They used to be a Guzzi / Triumph / Aprilia / Ducati dealer.
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline Tusayan

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 06:58:09 PM »
Thanks much for the posts...    :smiley:

I don't know his name, but I think he has moved over to On Any Moto as they have picked up the Guzzi, Aprilia, and Ducati brands.

They were in the process of moving, I think they are in their new digs by now.

The previous owner had the bike only a short time before flipping it to me, but in preparing the bike for sale he called On Any Moto asking if they might have a service receipt from Renaissance. Obviously they did not have a receipt from another business...  but if I could find the guy now who did the work at Renaissance before Steve closed the business I'm guessing he might remember the bike.  The job was likely 6-8 hrs labor and $1000-1200, done about 1300 miles ago, and avoiding repetition of that effort would sure be nice.

The bike is a '99 Ducati ST4 with Staintune exhaust, Helibars and Corbin seat and was owned by a Tucson Ferrari etc collector, whose name I have, until 2016 and 6000 miles. Renaissance sold the bike new.

Ordinarily I'd think that the sellers story about the 6K service being competed is BS salesmanship, but the bike looks exceptionally well maintained and hope springs eternal...   :grin:

« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 09:37:13 PM by Tusayan »

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 06:58:09 PM »

Online Vagrant

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Anybody Know the Ex-Renaissance Motorcycles Mechanic? (Tucson AZ)
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 08:27:17 AM »
Steve did a lot of the work there himself.
his mechanic went to the city when the streetcars were installed. Steve said that was the final blow that made him retire.
HE IS FREE WHO LIVES AS HE CHOOSES
2016 V7II, 2017 V7-III Blue special, 2022 V85 the fast red one! 2016 650 Versys
L-196, L-197

Offline Guzzi Gal

• MOTO GUZZI~Because your heart is in the bike, and the bike is in your heart. ~Huzo~
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Sonoran Sunriders, YouTube
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 09:03:47 AM »
As a back-up, I can highly recommend Tom Hull, in Mesa, AZ who has worked on my Guzzi.  He works out of his house these days ($Cash$ only), and is the son of Dave Hull, from Dave's Cycle on Southern Ave. in Mesa.  They used to be a Guzzi / Triumph / Aprilia / Ducati dealer.
^^^THIS!^^^
http://www.tomsitaliantuneandservice.com
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 09:04:40 AM by Guzzi Gal »
:bow: Thanks for enabling my MG obsession! :bow:
"Anni" '17 Moto Guzzi V7 III Anniversario #220/1000,
"Velvet" '16 Honda CTX 700,
"Brigitte", AKA "Gigi" '13 Vespa GTS 300ie,
"Grey Wind" '12 Vespa GTS 300 Super,  
The twin '16 Honda Metropolitans
"Miri" and Mori"

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline Tusayan

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Anybody Know the Ex-Renaissance Motorcycles Mechanic? (Tucson AZ)
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 09:08:00 AM »
Thanks for that additional info, I remember Steve being occupied in the back a lot.

I think I'll have to at least check the valves.  If they're out of spec, so be it, I'll dive in.   Best to be sure that everything is dialed in nicely before taking more long trips, and with ST Ducatis if you have the fairing off you want to make everything right.  Its a bike that's best maintained on a periodic program, not more or less spontaneously like you might with a Guzzi.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here