Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1027862 times)

Offline larrys

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #360 on: November 20, 2008, 01:38:59 PM »
Larry Stannard
55 years young.
Salem, CT
Married 21 years, daughter in college, 1 dog, 6 cats.
Former building contractor, 13 years now as a building inspector. Been building and wrenching on motors of all kinds since I hopped up my minibike engine when I was 10. My affair with motorcycles began in '73 when I bought a Bonneville chopper. Ran Limeys for 20 years. Thought all bikes needed engine teardowns and chassis rebuilds every two years. Bought my first Guzzi in 1981, a '76 Convert with a California Sidecar from a dead guy's estate. I've owned a number of Guzzis since then, I presently ride a '95 California that I bought as a salvage. Have been really messed up on boats (racing sailboats) for the last ten years, haven't ridden much, but getting back into it in recent years.
Hobbies: Sailing, fishing, competitive shooting, antique outboards.
'13 Monster 1100 EVO
'95 Cal 1100
'68 Bonneville

MGNOC 7248

redrider

« Reply #361 on: November 20, 2008, 02:21:22 PM »
Joe Dawes in Columbia, SC. I currently work for the University of South Carolina as an emergency generator tech and whatever else no one wants any part of. Married to a most wonderful Redhead with two cats and a dog. One son, now deceased. One awesome grand-daughter. I am also in the process of getting the service department going in a new motorcycle shop in town. I also teach the MSF courses.  Motorcycling is my major hobby but Kite flying and firearms fit in as well. And there is always time for a good recipe and a cold one.

jkerb

« Reply #362 on: November 20, 2008, 05:25:12 PM »
Jack Kerbert
52 yrs. old
Lunenburg, MA
Support Engineer Database Security
Married 32 yrs. (same redhead)
2 grown sons
1 Greyhound (+1 arriving Saturday)
Back to riding after 25yr layoff
Enjoying my (new to me) Breva 750

Mountain Bob

« Reply #363 on: December 05, 2008, 09:41:17 PM »
BUMP !!
We've had a run of "Newbies" lately -- it's about time to pony up guys (and "girl"  :D :D ) :
Who y'all are ?   Where y'at ?  What'cha doin' when you're not ridin' ?
We want to know, you betcha !

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #363 on: December 05, 2008, 09:41:17 PM »

dsenn

« Reply #364 on: December 05, 2008, 11:15:53 PM »
dale senn
knocking on 64
cocoa Fl. (ND native)
retired mechanic (from small eng. to tractor-trailer, HD factory trained when the school was still at the juneau plant ('76)
happily divorced
1 daughter-3 grandkids
enjoy building, fabricating things - always have a project going
new to Guzzi (7months) now have 3

Offline delrod

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #365 on: December 06, 2008, 08:19:14 AM »
Doug Elrod
49 yrs old
sprinkler fitter
Pittsburg

4 years ago my wife said "when I get a new house you can have another motorcycle".
I have been on my 03 EV for three yrs now. If any of you get close PM me maybe we can meet.
Doug in Pittsburg KS
2003EVT

smoky

« Reply #366 on: December 06, 2008, 08:25:54 AM »

Frank yau, 48 , Live in Markham, Ontario, Canada. Married. Just pick up a left over Cali Vantage  ;D. Don't know anything about Moto Guzzi, been riding since 1981.

Offline Dean Rose

• Gaggle Hero
    • Twin Valley Riders
« Reply #367 on: December 06, 2008, 08:37:53 AM »
Dean Rose
Roanoke, Virginia

I an a sixty six year old delinquent and am retired, use to be a Construction Engineer. I am also a Guzziholic. I live in maybe the most wonderful place (between the Blueridge and Appalachian mountains) to ride a motorcycle. Wish I had discovered Moto Guzzis years ago.

I've had the joy of being married to the same wonderful lady for the past thirty years. Why she puts up with me I don't know.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 08:21:26 AM by Dean Rose »
Magnolia '02 EV
Sophia '06 Breva 1100 
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Offline Motogogo

• Gosling
« Reply #368 on: December 06, 2008, 11:14:25 AM »
Hi!

J T
Welch Minnesota
just about 50 y.o. OMG!

Have done lineman work and maintenance work at oil refineries, these days
I paint homes and do lapidary work (polishing gemstones) also gem mining and sales.
Have been riding a V7 for almost 30 years it has been bulletproof!

Very interested in the new V7 cafe or a Quota someday.......

J T
http://www.varockhounder.com/uploads/2008112508437460.JPG
Yup I like rocks.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 02:40:42 PM by Motogogo »
68 V700
850 T crusty specimen
Welch, Minnesota

YBFAST

« Reply #369 on: December 06, 2008, 07:52:34 PM »
Adrian Rick
50 going on 35
Sales
Married 30 yrs. (3 grown boys moved out, both dads moved in)
1st Guzzi is my 06 Griso... next stablemate a Norge? Mainly a Jap bike owner over the last 35 years
St Cloud MN

Offline mg940

• New Egg
« Reply #370 on: December 07, 2008, 06:01:07 AM »
Well been watching this site for 4 or 5 years finally decided to join

Mark Squires

age   43 yrs

occupation  Currently plant operator  previously parts interpreter for Cummins engine company , truck driver

Bike history   Yamaha SR250, Suzuki GSX250, Kwaka GPZ500S , Moto Guzzi 650 Lario, BMW 650 Funduro & finally Moto Guzzi Bellagio 940

2 kids 1 of each m6 f9 the other half Tracey rides a Peugot 125 jetforce scooter now wants a v7 classic

Having watched this site for a long time I was convinced that Mr Roper was the man to look after my new bike & I met  him for the first time at the NSW Moto Guzzi clubs Ragged Fringe Rally recently where he was in full regalia (fez , glow in the dark alien braces,Beer in hand & numerous under belt)

Fortunately he is not about to change into a Yamaha Corporate type service manager Just wouldn't be right.   
2020 Royal Enfield Himalayan
2013 v7
2009 Nevada classic
09 Suzuki JR80 (kids)
11 Suzuki JR80 (kids)

Matthew

« Reply #371 on: December 07, 2008, 01:48:00 PM »
Hey Y'all

My name is Matt Shively.  I am pushing near 40 years old soon.  A few months ago I fulfilled a somewhat childhood dream.  After previously riding a nighthawk, Kawi ZX-7, Goldwing then a Vrod, I got myself a 1994 Moto Guzzi California.  I bought it from Peer before I left Holland.  (Check out his website http://www.guzzipalace.nl/
I been married nearly 18 years and have 2 great kids - 1 boy 16 and a girl of 11.  We have a 10 year Bouvier des Flandres, named Stormy.  My wife is more wonderful and beautiful than I deserve. 
Work has primarily been with the defense department, 13 years in the US Navy, contracting in Afghanistan, five years working for the Army in Europe, and currently working with the marines in the western desert of Iraq.  Usually I have been doing satellite communications, but this trip I went outside the comfort zone and found myself working on elevated infrared sensor systems.  I love the job, especially working with some of the best young people in the world. 
I already have the Guzziology book and found Harpers to have some incredible customer service.  My windshield was broken during shipment back home.  That would now be Georgia.  The CSRA where I personally believe they have the best BBQ in the world. 

Thanks for reading my ramblings!!
Spero che ci vediamo sulla strada piu presto.

Cioa ciao

Matt

Offline gusanito

• Gosling
« Reply #372 on: December 07, 2008, 03:58:23 PM »

George B., 55, retired from New England to the Tallahassee, Fl. area. I've been riding for 38 years, all kinds of brands. I owned and restored a '81 V50 Monza and a '77 Lemans in the '90s. Currently there's a '98 V11EV in the garage. I recently picked up a '74 Jawa Velorex hack which will be mounted to the Guzzi after the restoration. I've been lurking here for a while and I can't thank you guys enough for all the technical information you post.

George
Quincy, Fl

TeeHee

« Reply #373 on: December 07, 2008, 05:06:39 PM »
Hi there.
I'm Mike Davis, from Bridgend, South Wales, UK and am a retired Police Sergeant. Have been lurking for sometime now, although have replied to a thread recently.
I'm 64yrs, happily married for 44yrs, with two very grown up daughters and 4 grandchildren. ( 21yrs - 9 yrs )
My hobbies include all motorsports, especially motorcycling.
My motorcycles are:
1956 BSA B33 500cc single.
1960 BSA 650cc Super Rocket.
!977 Moto Guzzi T3 ( All original! )
1993 Moto Guzzi Targa 750cc. (Getting a little too sporty for me now! )
I enjoy reading all Moto Guzzi threads.
Cheers Mike.

Offline steamdriven NZ

• Gosling
  • simplify and add lightness
« Reply #374 on: December 08, 2008, 12:25:28 AM »
Since you asked so nicely...

Steamdriven is Kev Botman, 42 year old aircraft engineer living in Christchurch, New Zealand. Ex Kiwi Air Force (yes we have one) now with the national airline doing heavy maintenance.

Married 1st time around this time last year to a lovely lady who says we need a bigger shed so we can have more mechanical toys. Yes there is a God! We have two dogs and four cats, the biggest bunch of nutters I've ever known. We love 'em.

Bike history, started riding in 1984 on a Honda CB250N twin, then a Yamaha SR500, then an 1973 850 GT Guzzi (Eldo in your world) then bought my '84 V50 Monza in 1988. Still have it 20 years later, just re-engined it with a Nevada engine and gearbox, going to wire wheel it once I find an NTX front hub... (insert fishing symbol here...)

So I've never owned a bike with more than two cylinders!

Other interests include a river running jet boat (have a look at www.nzjetboating.co m to see what it's all about if interested), cycling (mountain bikes) vintage aircraft (helping with another restoration...) writing, drawing, making stuff for around the house and fixing lots of stuff for friends and family. Recently acquired a Massey Ferguson 65 tractor (familiar technology, what!) that is also receiving attention... Exercising the dogs and enjoying time with friends and family and of course my dear darling wife, with work filling out the rest of the time!

Life is good, a reward for clean living I suspect.

Cheers Kev.

When you spend more time spannering than using, you have reached toy saturation.....

'84 750 Monza (The Monzada)

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #375 on: December 08, 2008, 02:27:42 AM »
Hope to see the Monzada next Swap Meet Kev! ;D

Good to catch up,  hopefully for a bit longer next time.
Muzz
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Offline DucatiSSsp

• Gosling
« Reply #376 on: December 08, 2008, 02:36:22 AM »
Bryce Senff
Bellevue, WA
Merchandising Mgr-Quality Food Centers.......alway s tell the kids at work to "pay attention in school or else you'll end up working in a grocery store when you get to be my age!" ::)
43, Single, no kids that I know of.......Dad always told me to "Have sex like a basketball guard....pull up and shoot!"  Been good advice so far! :D
Besides motorcycles, I try and spend lots of time out on the golf course.
Just recently picked up a '97 Sport 1100i and am looking for a used EV or a new Cal-Vin for more leisurely rides.  Also feel the need for another Ducati 900SS.
Have a FJR1300 and a WR426f residing in the garage as well.
Happy riding!
Bryce

'05 Yamaha FJR1300
'01 Yamaha WR426F
'97 Moto Guzzi Sport 1100i
'98 Moto Guzzi V11 EV

Offline 1oldcarguy

• New Egg
« Reply #377 on: December 10, 2008, 07:17:43 PM »
Rich Mathiason     Bloomington MN
 52 yrs,,,sheeesh !  that seems old
 automotive type mechanic ,until I figure out what I want to do when I grow up,,Bought my first bike, a1973 V7 sport, from Leo's ,,,,,then a whole bunch of bikes,,,,had a series of water buffaloes,,,had a couple of those alpabet racer things, (ya know, those yamakasuki yfrzx611-9 , kinda bikes) discovered mortality and had to by a beemer,,(it was sold ,1 week later,,,it was s l o w ),,,,,,
Then,,gave up motorcycles for 20 years,,,,,,and ,I figgered I would go back to the beginning,,,,,and bought a 07 norge from Leo's
 uhhh,,I guess kinda a turn back in time ,,sort of,,,,maybe sideways,,, sorta

When I turn my computer on,,this forum is the first thing I look at,,,I really enjoy it
Rich ;D
07 Red Norge (the fast color !)

Offline Lee Bruns

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #378 on: December 10, 2008, 07:24:05 PM »
Lee Bruns (thats Bruns, not Burns . .hhm-kay)
Watertown South Dakota
Married, two children
Machinist, auctioneer, inventor.

Guzzitaco

« Reply #379 on: December 10, 2008, 07:39:02 PM »
Ramon Delgado
36 yrs old
Married, 4 kids
Looking to go back to Florida (Lighthouse Point)

Live in Argentina, Finance Director.  Moving to Hamburg, Germany in March 2009

Hobbies: Fishing, bikes, hunting and running

cvcaelen

« Reply #380 on: December 11, 2008, 01:59:58 AM »
Christiaan from Belgium,

45 years old,
Married, 2 kids
been riding 20-something years on bikes,
but my V7 Classic is the first Guzzi I own

Hobbies: geocachen, riding my bike and taking pictures (sometimes all combined :)  )

Christiaan

JonC

« Reply #381 on: December 11, 2008, 06:58:23 AM »
Jon Crim
Gilbertsville, NY
55 years old
Manufacturing Engineer Aerospace Company
Most of my time is spent restoring old bikes and cars and working on a 200 year old house I live in.
Funny short story being a horrable kid I use to spend my youth flogging my Dads 70 Guzzi when my XLCH used to blow up on a regular basis, never could hurt that bike, who would have thought almost 40 years later I would buy my own a 95 Sport.

Offline Kurt_W

• New Egg
« Reply #382 on: December 12, 2008, 11:24:58 AM »
Kurt W
Marietta, Ohio
27 years old (do I have to sell my Guzzi now because I'm too young!?)
Reserves Engineer

Recently acquired a Norge in preparation for a semi-cross county trip I'm planning to take next summer which I didn't think my Kawi ZRX would be that well suited for. The Norge is my 3rd bike; I started on a CBR 600 F3 back in 2000 but didn't care much for it. Sold it around '02. Went bikeless for a few years and tripped across a friend-of-a-friend selling his '01 ZRX 1200R and picked it up. I decided a couple months back that I wanted to do some travelling and the ZRX didn't seem like the bike I wanted to do it on so after looking through just about every sport touring bike I could think of it came down to the Norge, FJR1300 and the R1200RT. I didn't really like the RT and the FJR lost due to a desire to own a Guzzi that was brought on by a memory of a lime green V11 that I ran across when I was younger.

Other info: Single, two cats (crazy cat engineer guy,) tendency toward older Japanese and British cars (CRX's, 240Z's, misc; in many cases the odder the better.)

Oddball fact: I had never seen a running MG prior to going to look at the Norge I purchased. Even the previously mentioned V11 was being trailered when I saw it.

I'm usually more of a lurker then a poster so i probably won't have much to say but so far I've enjoyed reading the forum.
Current bikes: '09 Buell 1125aRgh, '07 Norge, '01 ZRX 1200R, '79 Basket Case AKA Yamaha SR500
Hiding in Marietta Ahia

rc135s

« Reply #383 on: December 12, 2008, 01:36:27 PM »
Anthony Norton
Gray, TN  - near Bristol Motor Speedway
Information Systems Auditor and  Adjunct Faculty at local Technical Community College

Spinal disability due to Air Force incident on Shemya in the Aleutian Islands.

1989 Cali III is up for sale due to upcoming fourth surgery to put things back together after being t-boned
by a teenage driver last weekend, luckily while in the car, and it's left in me such a state that riding won't be possible any longer.

Offline BoBo

• Gaggle Mentor
  • MGNOC L-848
« Reply #384 on: December 12, 2008, 04:09:33 PM »
Kurt W
Marietta, Ohio
27 years old (do I have to sell my Guzzi now because I'm too young!?)

No.  I'm 26.  Bought my first Goose when I was 18.  Enjoy your Norge.  BTW, the V11 Sport is an awesome bike so you know.  Even the non-green ones like mine.   ;D
Robert Oler
1987 Yamaha SRX 250
1998 V-11 EV
2001 V-11 Sport
2007 Breva 750

CanadaGuzzi

« Reply #385 on: December 12, 2008, 07:45:12 PM »
Hello All,
Brock in Edmonton Alberta, 32 yrs old.
Landman, new to riding but have been a Moto Guzzi fiend for years.  Hoping to find some folks up north into Guzzis, you certainly don't see alot up here...  Also enjoy bowhunting, sailing and hockey.  Currently sitting at home with a broken leg watching it snow- (side effect from hockey) I hate crutches so much...
Cheers.

Ragnar

« Reply #386 on: December 13, 2008, 05:20:28 AM »
Patrick Waylett, 64, metering instalations inspector,
 retire in 19 weeks and 4 days, not that I am counting.

Hobbies;
Motorcycling, fishing, camping, beer, wine and history. Used to play darts, have won about 40 trophies, played once in an international match South London v Sweden, retired from competative games 4 years ago.

Current Bikes;

2001 Jackal
2001 Royal Enfield 500 Bullet.
Hoping to add a Griso or Norge next year, if the finances work out.

I live in SE England, Chatham, between London & Dover

Needs an update, 67 in February, retired in 2007, the Enfield is gone, just the Jackal now.
The finances still haven't worked out, %^$" banks.

More or less full time ralliest now with 15 last year, in 6 different countries.
Generally having the time of my life. I reckon every year of retirement is worth at least 5 of work.

Offline pmillar

• Gosling
« Reply #387 on: December 13, 2008, 08:20:10 AM »
Newbie first poster here - despite owning my '73 Eldo for eight years now (restored w/ major help from Cycle Garden back when I lived in socal)

Pete Millar, Ann Arbor, MI  wife, two kids, dog and two cats
Work in commercial finance - travel throughout the midwest  (spent a few years in quality system consulting/auditing)
interesting past bikes include my first ever, a '72 Kawi H2, R100RS with a few japanese bikes in between. Still own a '97 TL1000S and picked up a street legal TTR250 this spring.

Hobbies - bikes, sailing, UM football and increasingly mountain biking w/ my son.
Ann Arbor, MI
'73 Eldorado
'97 TL1000S
'00 TTR250

johno

« Reply #388 on: December 13, 2008, 08:34:26 AM »
John Adams
37 years old
Lift (Elevator) Engineer
Dorset UK
Proud owner of a Red 97 sport injection
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 08:37:06 AM by johno »

papasloan

« Reply #389 on: December 13, 2008, 09:21:29 AM »
Price Sloan
So Calif
I play with Computer stuff during the day and make Guzzi exh parts in my spare time.
Guzzi's rock.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here