Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: NGC. Shoulder surgery done.
« Last post by Stretch on Today at 01:52:08 PM »
What spmoto said.

Good Luck!

Heal well and quickly.

-Stretch
General Discussion / Re: First time riding a Moto Guzzi
« Last post by bigbikerrick on Today at 12:40:07 PM »
I would say you have been bitten by the Guzzi Bug bigtime!  Reminds me of when I rode my first Guzzi, a 2001 Rosso Mandello. I had been riding for over 30 years,and had never felt a bike with a motor that "spoke to me" the way the big Guzzi did. Its a crazy feeling, that first time. I have never ridden/owned a smallblock, but would like to some day.
Great pics, BTW!
Rick.
« Last post by chuck peterson on Today at 12:33:39 PM »
Thanks! Great story for a first guzzi ride, geez

Never ever ever seen this before!

Now i can brag to my moped friends… :popcorn:
« Last post by texasmoto on Today at 12:03:25 PM »
The things that I didn’t like about the V50:

- The gas tank is smaller than I’m used to. I find it easier to grip the wide tank on the 750. It was really difficult for me to do this on the V50 so my riding was a little loose.

- The linked brakes also didn’t give me confidence when performing low speed maneuvers like U-turns. In the MSF course the instructor showed us how any front brake leads to a loss of control when turning. But I use a ton of rear brake for stability on my Honda. Maybe I can push this more than what was demonstrated in the course, but I didn’t want to experiment on a rental.

The Pros

- the sound. Just absolute joy. It could chug along and not disturb pedestrians, or you could give it the business and wake up the block

- the linked brakes really stop and are incredibly effective. In comparison to a CB750, it actually stops!

- happy cruising at 4-5k rpm all day. It’s a twin that redlines at 9k rpm. This is the same as my 78 CB750 inline 4!

- absolutely pure soul. I’ve never ridden a motorcycle like this and I don’t know WHY exactly they are like this

« Last post by blu guzz on Today at 12:02:53 PM »
thanks for the great pics.
General Discussion / First time riding a Moto Guzzi
« Last post by texasmoto on Today at 11:55:31 AM »
I’m in the process of restoring a ‘78 850 but I’ve never ridden a Guzzi. So I took a vacation to Italy, Mandello del Lario, in fact. They have a little factory there you may be aware of.

I tried to rent a modern V7 but had problems in Milan with my license, so it was a no go. Found a smaller rental agency that by chance just had a “cafe racer” Moto Guzzi, a V50.

With the paperwork in order, the owner of the rental agency started giving me the rundown on how to use the bike.  I tried to cut him short and said, “Look, I have a 77 CB750 I know older bikes.” And he said, disparagingly, “this isn’t a Japanese bike.”

It most definitely is not a Japanese bike. The CB750 is absolute junk in comparison. Soulless. The little 500 felt better than any Honda I’ve ever ridden. They are almost alive.

When I was about to ride off he said to me in broken English that it’s like a horse, and like a toy, and I didn’t know what he meant until about the third day. It really is like a horse.

Well I figure it made sense that the first ride on a Guzzi ought to be to their factory so that’s what I did. And then I spent the rest of the time exploring around Lake Como. Those roads were made for that little machine. An 850 would be too much. The 500 was a joy, and I barely got out of second gear on the narrow mountain roads. The speedometer didn’t work, the rear brake (although linked) tended to shudder when warm, and the battery died on the first day. This made it a push-in-second-gear-to-start motorcycle, like a race bike.

Guzzis might not have the numbers in terms of HP or top speed or whatever quantitative metric you want to use to measure the best, but they are qualitative machines. They get the feeling right 100%. I don’t need to be Valentino Rossi and exceed 200mph. It’s just silly these days. But Guzzi captures the feeling. Wonderful machines.

I’m putting my Hondas up for sale when I return to finish funding my restoration. What incredible machines.

I’ve attached some photos of the trip and the factory.

Yes, just the other day as a matter of fact. Often too.
General Discussion / Re: Mysterious oil dripping on my loop
« Last post by bigbikerrick on Today at 10:49:36 AM »
Thanks Patrick for the suggestions. I am currently using Amsoil synthetic gear lube in the tranny. The same stuff has been in there for about 3-4 years. I have never noticed it "bubbling up" through the vent hose, but its possible, that any discharge was staying in the rear part of the frame channel, and accumulated, then running forward ,and out the drain hole near the steering head.  I am going to try your suggestion of a larger ID hose, makes sense to me. I also plan to use some clear hose, instead of black rubber, so I can  possibly monitor if any oil is working its way up the hose. I was also thinking of trying some of the redline shockproof heavy gear oil, I have on the shelf, along with the reduction to 700 cc as suggested by Charlie.
Thank you
Rick

General Discussion / Re: V85TT Air Filter/Air Box/Fine Dust Intrusion
« Last post by janguzzi on Today at 10:02:15 AM »
It is an issue, see my video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyde53V2YBw

Possible cure:
The airbox cover of the new 2024 models has indeed been improved, but unfortunately it does not fit into the previous E4 and E5 models. The shape of the back is more protruding - the bevel is not there.
Meanwhile the spare parts catalogs for the E5+ (2024) models are available online, e.g.:
https://www.af1racing.com/v85-e5-oem-parts-catalogs
Maybe these parts could solve the problem:
1. battery box: 2B011780
2. battery holder: 2B011781 + 3x AP8150509 self-tap screw 5x14
3. filter holder (aka airbox lid): 2B011834
General Discussion / Re: Static Timing
« Last post by n3303j on Today at 09:02:38 AM »
My distributor does not have a pad for oil on point blocks. Is this normal?
My T3 doesn't have the "points cam" oiler either. I add "points grease" at the leading edge of the points rubbing block.

There is a felt pad on the top of the advance unit that supplies oil to the points cam. This should be present and attended to as needed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here