Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Static Timing
« Last post by n3303j on Today at 06:51:46 PM »
If it doesn't start the problem lies elsewhere. The silly thing will start and run (although poorly) on one cylinder. All the fiddling is just to get the timing more close to correct.

OTOH It's easy enough to have the points firing the incorrect cylinder. Wouldn't be the first time someone mixed up D & S along the way.

Engine is a just fine tractor that wants to run given gas, air, spark and compression in reasonably correct amounts and times.
General Discussion / Re: Front brake cable holder
« Last post by Air-Cooled on Today at 06:31:03 PM »
Those look pretty close and can probably be easily tweaked into a different orientation if needed.  They don’t appear to be a special, complicated or proprietary design.

Glad to share pics of mine if it will help..

Yes, please do!  Thx
General Discussion / Re: Around the world on a LeMans 850
« Last post by Chuck in Indiana on Today at 06:23:44 PM »
I know a guy (electronically) that did that. With his girl friend on the back.. :shocked:
« Last post by cliffrod on Today at 06:08:26 PM »
Thanks, that's sort of what I thought based on photos. I'm gonna order a couple of these, and I bet they will look and work just like the OEM.

Those look pretty close and can probably be easily tweaked into a different orientation if needed.  They don’t appear to be a special, complicated or proprietary design.

Glad to share pics of mine if it will help.. 
General Discussion / Re: Static Timing
« Last post by Bob_Fla on Today at 05:52:34 PM »

it all makes sense now. Ill be trying to static time tomorrow. Spent most of the day cleaning. Also extending notches and elongating holes just in case.
Hope this does the trick and it starts.
« Last post by Air-Cooled on Today at 05:41:15 PM »
These two looms on my bike are actually each bolted to fender.    It’s a simple piece of stainless wire with a small loop on one end  for fender bolt and a larger loop on the other end for the brake cable.  Not very complicated.  This loom is sandwiched between the rear brace and fender on each side.  They can appear to be welded to the brace but are not.  Maybe earlier bikes had welded looms on brace, but my 73 doesn’t.

Thanks, that's sort of what I thought based on photos. I'm gonna order a couple of these, and I bet they will look and work just like the OEM.

« Last post by Air-Cooled on Today at 05:38:15 PM »
I you just want functionality, couple of zip ties work a treat!!!

I want more than functionality. The V7 Sport is a work of art.
General Discussion / Re: changing eldo fork oil
« Last post by guzzisteve on Today at 05:17:40 PM »
I have no issues w/laying dash back on a board across the bars then use 1/2" breaker w/socket. Simple, but it's no show queen. Patina rules    I use 15W BelRay but have 20W waiting.
General Discussion / Re: New opinions on preferred mesh summer jacket
« Last post by dguzzi on Today at 05:04:42 PM »
  I have a Tourmaster Draft, I love it!  I also have a Tourmaster Transition 3 for cooler temps. I like that stuff!
General Discussion / Re: changing eldo fork oil
« Last post by Tom on Today at 04:50:26 PM »
My Eldo is a hack tug.  ATF is okay for that use.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here